I can't add my yahoo mail account in Blackberry hub. It's error showing ( your account can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again.) So please help me
    03-05-18 11:29 AM
    I can't add my yahoo mail account in Blackberry hub. It's error showing ( your account can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again.) So please help me
    Did you update your account settings via your computer ?
    03-05-18 11:48 AM
    no I'm trying from my BlackBerry Motion
    03-05-18 11:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure yahoo hates blackberry. I haven't been able to get my yahoo account to work in the Hub for a couple of years
    03-05-18 12:00 PM
    People still use yahoo email? I quit using them years ago. Always getting hacked.
    03-05-18 01:01 PM
    I have several yahoo email addresses on my Motion. twice they've come up with that "need authentication" thing, but usually I just report in the password, and it works. or if it doesn't, I leave it be, and it eventually works on its own within the day...
    03-05-18 01:48 PM
    I'm pretty sure yahoo hates blackberry. I haven't been able to get my yahoo account to work in the Hub for a couple of years
    Yahoo hates everyone. Just look at their list of potential fixes! - https://crackberry.com/unable-integr...ry-these-fixes
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-18 02:58 PM
    I have several yahoo email addresses on my Motion. twice they've come up with that "need authentication" thing, but usually I just report in the password, and it works. or if it doesn't, I leave it be, and it eventually works on its own within the day...
    Where do you report? I have authentication come up, today, so it's not working.

There was an issue with it a few weeks ago they posted on here but I don't see one, today

Or did you mean you put in your password again? Because that doesn't work
    03-08-18 08:55 AM
    It's working again.

Yahoo.ca works on hub

I removed all the Two-step verification and no Key to sign in

It does not work if you have all of that set up.

And I complained and complained about it with Yahoo hoping it would eventually work.

I don't want their app for email I wanted to use the Hub.
    03-08-18 09:53 AM
    it works normally with HUB you just need to create two-step verification in Yahoo settings as android email
    03-08-18 01:53 PM
    it works normally with HUB you just need to create two-step verification in Yahoo settings as android email
    Way too much work lol
    03-08-18 02:29 PM
    Where do you report? I have authentication come up, today, so it's not working.

There was an issue with it a few weeks ago they posted on here but I don't see one, today

Or did you mean you put in your password again? Because that doesn't work
    Sorry, typo! Meant to say "reput", as in I just retyped it.
    03-08-18 05:04 PM
    Sorry, typo! Meant to say "reput", as in I just retyped it.
    OK. Mine won't take it.
    03-08-18 05:24 PM
    OK. Mine won't take it.
    Ya, I don't actually think it makes it work again. It truly is finicky. On my Z30 it was the same. If I retyped it, and it didn't work, I just basically said "screw it" , left it, and then it'd starting working again later.
    towngirl likes this.
    03-08-18 07:04 PM
    My yahoo account constantly gave me trouble until I turned off account key and went back to a manual password. Now everything works flawlessly. Have my contacts calendar and email synced between my keyone and a non-android device. SO FINICKY. Best of luck!
    03-08-18 09:43 PM
    Bite my tongue! Had the cannot be authenticated problem again. Trying to resolve such : when I logged into yahoo on a browser with my username and password, I was by default enrolled into account key; so I decided to try and generate a unique password for hub (there're no blackberry hub option listed so I choose android mail which to me most closely resembles hub out of the other options like ios, etc ).

Anyways though hub took this generated password and all seemed to work the authentication problems persists.

Idk what to do at this point, other than not use hub. Caldav and carddav yahoo work perfectly fine; as well as my yahoo email entered into the "gmail" mail app on this phone. It's only the blasted hub which is problematic with yahoo.
    03-10-18 06:37 PM