04-20-21 08:39 AM
32 12
tools
    When replying to long email threads, the hub stops working. I get Hub is not responding, wait, close or send feedback. It's been happening for weeks and just updated the hub from the play store. No difference. I've restarted, powered down, up, limited images, limited it to a few days of email sync. Very frustrating.
    03-21-18 06:07 AM
    Delete your accounts and readd them back. Make sure you delete the Hub app and cache data as well. Normally, you could just delete the app cache data but that will screw up your accounts, so you have to delete and readd them first.
    03-21-18 06:13 AM
    Thx for the quick reply Blaze, will give that a try!
    03-21-18 06:15 AM
    Update, I can say it's slightly better yet still every now and again get the dreaded kill, wait, send message. Long email threads are the suspects. Yet I would also say any email with a large attachment is the killer.
    03-29-18 01:28 PM
    I get the same on my keyone :-( Tried everything but still happens. It only started after the last update.
    04-02-18 10:00 AM
    Same issues on my k1, hub is rubbish now on both by k1 and Motion on long emails. Kill, Wait of send feedback are the only options. checking the same emails on my iPhone or Outlook on my android tablet no issues. Looks like Outlook for email on my Blackberrys for the time being until this is sorted.
    04-03-18 01:11 PM
    Same!
    @LiamQ @max-bb I feel that this started happening more frequently since the message truncation bug was fixed.
    04-03-18 01:28 PM
    For those experiencing the issue, do you have any services enabled in Settings -> Accessibility? Does the problem still happen if you turn those services off?
    04-03-18 03:42 PM
    For those experiencing the issue, do you have any services enabled in Settings -> Accessibility? Does the problem still happen if you turn those services off?
    I have LastPass and Nova turned On. I will turn them Off and report back though I am afraid that this may not be an accurate indication of the cause since said issue is so random.

I will come back here with my findings.
    04-03-18 04:16 PM
    I cannot say if the freeze issue was addressed by shutting down all services that use accessibility since I hadn't had to reply a message yet but one thing is pretty noticeable, the device is much more responsive.

Is it possible that apps that use accessibility constantly draw over others thereby making the device freeze / unresponsive?
    04-03-18 05:07 PM
    I have the same problem and I do not have any services on under accessibility.
    04-04-18 04:24 AM
    Seems to be fixed albeit the hard way, factory reset. Doing this also fixed my Office365 crashing issues.
    04-04-18 08:49 AM
    Spoke to soon, still happening.
    04-05-18 01:54 AM
    I have users reporting this sporadically on samsung s8, but I'm not seeing it as of yet on Motion. setup a couple to grab device debug
    04-05-18 10:20 AM
    Sent a bug report to Blackberry support this morning see what happens next, it's on both my K1 and Motion. I sent the same email to my Gmail account and tried it on the app, no issue there. However it's the same issue in both the exchange and Gmail side of the Hub. Wait, kill or report.
    04-05-18 10:52 AM
    same issues here, any fix?
    04-05-18 06:26 PM
    My BB Hub stopped working on my KeyOne late last night for my work email acct and also stopped this morning for my personal yahoo and hotmail.....Help!
    04-06-18 02:21 PM
    I haven't had that issue, try a cache clear, reboot and at worst case factory reset.
    04-07-18 12:12 PM
    same issues here, any fix?
    Do you have any services enabled in Settings -> Accessibility? Have you tried turning them off?
    04-09-18 05:02 AM
    All tuned off and always have been on mine. Same on my k1.
    04-09-18 05:09 AM
    I cannot say if the freeze issue was addressed by shutting down all services that use accessibility since I hadn't had to reply a message yet but one thing is pretty noticeable, the device is much more responsive.

Is it possible that apps that use accessibility constantly draw over others thereby making the device freeze / unresponsive?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...one_to_appear/

https://www.xda-developers.com/worki...ility-lag/amp/
    04-09-18 05:11 AM
    All services disabled in settings.
    04-09-18 08:41 AM
    This is super interesting and perhaps the reason for many general lag complaints that has nothing to do with lack of RAM, processing power or what have you!

Thanks for the reference! Like I wrote, I have all Accessibility Service apps set to the off position and I can tell the device is running significantly better.
    04-09-18 11:44 AM
    downloaded textra and disabled the messages app, so far. so good
    04-16-18 12:44 AM
    I have the same setup using Textra and the Hub still has issues with long email threads. Support has a few logs and screenshots. They replied last week it will be fixed in an upcoming release. Sounds like it's a known issue.
    04-16-18 08:40 PM
32 12