What lead me to compare the two at first are that they both have a LARGE chin and both new phones released this month! (I wonder if there will be a trend of big chins coming )

After comparing them, I see they share a lot more similarities except of course, the Motion's HUGE 4,000mah battery to U11 Life's 2,600mah battery, and headphone jack.

I still believe Motion to be the better product, but it's a nice spec breakdown between the two comparable devices.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=8891
    joker333 likes this.
    11-16-17 04:18 PM
    That is a decently-comparable handset... other than the small battery.
    11-16-17 05:39 PM
    $100 cheaper than black motion? It seems like everyone else is superior except battery life spec wise but I would be wrong.
    11-16-17 06:46 PM
    $100 cheaper than black motion? It seems like everyone else is superior except battery life spec wise but I would be wrong.
    On paper the U11 Life is the better device excluding the lack of a headphone jack and battery size.
    11-16-17 06:55 PM
    On paper the U11 Life is the better device excluding the lack of a headphone jack and battery size.
    HTC is now Google. Can we expect good security patch updates like pixels?
    11-16-17 07:21 PM
    No Google just took most of their technical employees. If anything they'll probably be worse as they'll be under additional cost-cutting to keep their remaining mobile operations afloat, ie resources will be devoted to putting out the devices they already have in the pipelines.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-16-17 08:40 PM
    Google only bought HTC's Pixel division, their regular phone division (responsible for the U devices) is still HTC.

As for Google/Pixel updates,

KRACK patch for Pixel and Nexus devices due in December | Pocketnow
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-16-17 10:01 PM
    You're forgetting the U11 Life has only 3gb of RAM in it's base model, a smaller screen, and we don't yet know how durable it is
    11-17-17 02:14 AM
    It's a worthy competitor, but for $100 less you're getting less -- which makes sense.

No DTEK (which IS worth something; it has alerted me many times to an app doing something I object to), MUCH smaller battery and a smaller-pixel camera (poorer low-light performance -- not by a lot, but it will be lesser.) Otherwise quite comparable, but the sad part is that battery; HTC (like so many others) has gone "small and light" over duration. The difference in cost between the battery they used and a 4,000mah one is a buck or two at the manufacturing level. If they'd gone with a 4kmah battery then I'd probably buy one for $100 less and BlackBerry would lose a Motion customer (which I can't be right now as BBMobile has thus far refused to release the phone in the US.)

But... they didn't, so I'm still a potential Motion customer -- for the time being.

BTW HTC's site shows a T-Mobile US "version", which I assume means that you can buy it in a T-Mobile store. For the person who wants a small, light and moderately-powerful phone it looks like a very credible choice. The Motion, up next to it for $100 more with the monster battery (big difference) and better camera (material difference) plus the enhanced security, side-by-side, ought to sell very well, especially when compared against any of the so-called "high-spec flagship" type devices that are all north of $600 on a cash purchase. Yes, it's a $10/month difference on an EIP but $10 is $10 and the battery life difference tips in Motion's favor *even against the high-spec flagships*.

Who hates having to charge mid-day? Everyone.
    11-17-17 09:08 AM
    You're forgetting the U11 Life has only 3gb of RAM in it's base model, a smaller screen, and we don't yet know how durable it is
    Wait a minute, the OG Keyone only has 3GB of RAM. And all I hear on here is that despite me noticing lag when using the device that the 3GB of RAM makes no discernible difference when using the device compared to phones with more RAM. What gives???
    11-17-17 03:15 PM
    HTC blows it away in every category except battery. But really, huge batteries are not such a big deal nowadays when quick charge can get you 50% in 20 mins.
    11-17-17 03:23 PM
    3Gb .vs. 4Gb is material when it comes to performance. 3Gb is not a deal killer, but it DOES matter.
    11-17-17 04:51 PM
    Wait a minute, the OG Keyone only has 3GB of RAM. And all I hear on here is that despite me noticing lag when using the device that the 3GB of RAM makes no discernible difference when using the device compared to phones with more RAM. What gives???
    when it comes to price, it does make a difference, however in the wild, it depends on how people use the phone. I can make my Galaxy S8 lag horribly even with the SD 835 and I can also make my $40 unlocked Verizon Moto E4 with an SD 427 run smoothly without lag. You just have to be conscious of what's running in the background and find alternatives to resource hungry apps.
    11-17-17 06:57 PM
    HTC Desire 530:

Looking for a back-to-school smartphone to buy for your kids? HTC got your back! Aimed to specifically meet the kids’
    needs without going overboard with the specs and the price – the brand introduces their young looking HTC Desire 530.
    The unit does not only boast good features, but the kids’ right to show their unique style!

Check this link: https://www.unlockbase.com/blog/grea...-530-metropcs/
    11-30-17 05:44 AM
    Google only bought HTC's Pixel division, their regular phone division (responsible for the U devices) is still HTC.

As for Google/Pixel updates,

KRACK patch for Pixel and Nexus devices due in December | Pocketnow
    U11 life runs Android One, so it will get very early all updates direkt from Google.
    12-03-17 06:00 AM
    3Gb .vs. 4Gb is material when it comes to performance. 3Gb is not a deal killer, but it DOES matter.
    Agree. Memory is the most important thing on Android devices. That's why BlackBerry launched the KEYone black edition with 4 GB. The original model was lagging too much.
    12-03-17 06:02 AM
    HTC blows it away in every category except battery. But really, huge batteries are not such a big deal nowadays when quick charge can get you 50% in 20 mins.
    For me, it's important. I often don't get a chance to charge my phone even for some minutes during traveling. 4000 mAh is perfect. In this aspect, the U11+ is great. But you don't get it soon in America and the price is nearly the double compared with the Motion. But the specs and camera, awesome!
    12-03-17 06:05 AM
    It's a worthy competitor, but for $100 less you're getting less -- which makes sense.

No DTEK (which IS worth something; it has alerted me many times to an app doing something I object to), MUCH smaller battery and a smaller-pixel camera (poorer low-light performance -- not by a lot, but it will be lesser.) Otherwise quite comparable, but the sad part is that battery; HTC (like so many others) has gone "small and light" over duration. The difference in cost between the battery they used and a 4,000mah one is a buck or two at the manufacturing level. If they'd gone with a 4kmah battery then I'd probably buy one for $100 less and BlackBerry would lose a Motion customer (which I can't be right now as BBMobile has thus far refused to release the phone in the US.)

But... they didn't, so I'm still a potential Motion customer -- for the time being.

BTW HTC's site shows a T-Mobile US "version", which I assume means that you can buy it in a T-Mobile store. For the person who wants a small, light and moderately-powerful phone it looks like a very credible choice. The Motion, up next to it for $100 more with the monster battery (big difference) and better camera (material difference) plus the enhanced security, side-by-side, ought to sell very well, especially when compared against any of the so-called "high-spec flagship" type devices that are all north of $600 on a cash purchase. Yes, it's a $10/month difference on an EIP but $10 is $10 and the battery life difference tips in Motion's favor *even against the high-spec flagships*.

Who hates having to charge mid-day? Everyone.
    The camera on U11 life is much better than the camera of the Motion. I have the Motion and it's camera is a real scrap. Unfortunately, it's not the same great camera sensor at on the KEYone. The Motion and KEYone have only the same 12 mega pixel resolution, but a very different sensor. Huge bad thing from BlackBerry to downsize the camera. I really hate it.
    12-03-17 06:13 AM
    So you have a U11 with full-res camera shots you can send me to look at next to the same shots taken with the Motion? I'd be quite interested in those.
    12-03-17 11:11 AM
    People aren't really buying BlackBerry motion for camera. If camera is your priority, you should get pixel 2, iPhone X.
    12-03-17 12:34 PM
    You might want to read my post in the "Blurry Camera" thread I just put up......

Make sure you're sitting down first.
    12-03-17 07:52 PM