My Motion is 1.5 years old as my main device.

The battery still holds up well. But is limited to a single day. Many times I charge it in the afternoon just so I know I will not have issues late at night with no battery. On a typical day, I will go to bed around the 15-20% mark. Today I charged it around 3p because I was already at 40% due to some heavy Google Maps usage in the morning.

How about you? Do you ever get multiple days out of your battery? Or do you get your full day, but always end with a comfortable amount? Or maybe you've had battery issues and have always gotten terrible battery life?
    jwilsonjrj likes this.
    06-19-19 02:46 PM
    It's holding up great.

I'm usually down to 55-60% when I charge it at bedtime.

I haven't noticed any degradation over the past 16 months that I've owned it.

I was thinking the other day how great it has been, never having to worry about running out of juice even on the busiest of days.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 04:12 PM
    mine can still hold up for a day.
    06-19-19 04:18 PM
    I'm getting barely a day. Also 1.5 years old. I'll push it through the summer, but if there's no VKB upgrade available (and it most certainly looks like there won't be), off to Samsung I go. I know it shouldn't, but it makes me a little sad. I've been using a BlackBerry for at least 10 years.
    rocnrol likes this.
    06-19-19 04:42 PM
    I'm getting barely a day. Also 1.5 years old. I'll push it through the summer, but if there's no VKB upgrade available (and it most certainly looks like there won't be), off to Samsung I go. I know it shouldn't, but it makes me a little sad. I've been using a BlackBerry for at least 10 years.
    Barely a day on a device running a 625 powering a 5.5" LCD with a 4000mAh behind it???

What do your stats show at the end of a day?
    06-19-19 06:09 PM
    I get more than a full day still. But I usually keep my battery between 30-80%. And a full charge only once a week.
    06-19-19 08:47 PM
    Bought when it first came out. If I charged to 100% I will be about 60 - 65% end of work day. So I could go another day. Haven't noticed drop in charge. However, now that wifi-calling is finally solid on T-Mo, I now run on wifi-only (was not before) which stops the phone hunting for signal. So maybe a trade off there?
    06-20-19 07:58 AM
    I got my motion on release day 1. coming up on 2 years in the fall. the battery still gets me through the day. when I'm not playing mobile games.
    06-20-19 10:35 AM
    I stopped using it in favor of a KEYone Black Edition which I really like, but I had been using it every day for over a year and saw no degradation in the battery life at all. I'm surprised to see so many people have experienced it. It must be the way I use a phone...just not always at it.
    06-20-19 05:55 PM
    My battery puffed up so badly that the back panel popped off the phone after pretty much exactly 1 year.. I had to send it in for service where they replaced the battery. The new battery easily gives over a day of charge with moderate use; the puffed battery would last about half a day with moderate use, a full day with very light use, so it had lost significant capacity.
    06-22-19 12:36 AM
    I stopped using it in favor of a KEYone Black Edition which I really like, but I had been using it every day for over a year and saw no degradation in the battery life at all. I'm surprised to see so many people have experienced it. It must be the way I use a phone...just not always at it.
    Used my Motion daily for 15 months without any real signs of battery degradation either. Still take for a day or two ride occasionally w/no complaints... I'm not always at it either nor do I have the pedal to the medal when using so yeah might have something to do with it.
    06-22-19 01:16 AM
    Deteriorating really. In old times I could work for nearly two days, nowadays I can do full day but no way two. My day usually ends with 30-40% of battery left before putting on charge. Sometimes I have to top up during the office day to make sure I will have enough juice for the rest of the evening...
    skilas likes this.
    06-22-19 04:27 AM
    the puffed battery would last about half a day with moderate use, a full day with very light use, so it had lost significant capacity.
    Forget that, a inflated battery is a serious hazard!

Gotta dispose of it properly ASAP
    06-22-19 09:19 PM
    Puffed batteries are not that hazardous unless you pop them and the flammable electrolyte ignites.. I would say the the vast majority of the world's electronics have some degree of puffed battery inside, but in many cases, the consumer just never knows.. Just open up anything with a built-in pouch style battery that is older than a year and I guarantee that there will be at least some puffing.

On the Motion, the stupid battery was so puffed that the phone was literally 1.5x thicker, and popped the rear cover off.. I used it for 4 months like that because BlackBerry doesn't have a mechanism that could do a 100% backup (Google drive only does a subset of device content as does the Content Transfer app, and none of the typical Android backup apps work on the Motion as it's too locked down, and with the new way of using the SD card to extend onboard storage, you can't use it as removable media for transfer), so it took that long for me to manually copy every file I wanted to keep before sending it to Alcatel's repair facility for a battery swap.. Original battery lasted pretty much exactly one year, so it looks like it was engineered to basically last the warranty period..
    06-22-19 09:49 PM
    Puffed batteries are not that hazardous unless you pop them and the flammable electrolyte ignites..
    @the_boon is right. You are wrong. Playing with battery like that is ALWAYS wrong thing to do...
    06-23-19 02:50 AM
    Assuming your battery is not overtly puffed, try running the battery to 0/auto shutdown. Then wait 3-4 hours and charge to 100. that may recalibrate the battery charge meter.
    06-23-19 10:48 PM
    Just had my device for a year now.

It still lasts me a day and then some. Not quite two days. Still a great battery life.
    Attached Thumbnails How is your Motion battery still holding up?-13956.jpg  
    06-27-19 12:17 AM
    Hey everyone!
    My battery has just begun to decline, and likely due to it recently swelling. I hear it can be replaced, but after talking to BlackBerry Mobile today they tell me they don't have parts and cannot fix it anymore. Great support huh? Anyway my question is, where can I find a new battery? I'm having no luck finding even an aftermarket one. Does anyone know if they can be bought and where from?
    Thanks all,
    Jay
    08-06-19 07:13 PM
    Hey everyone!
    My battery has just begun to decline, and likely due to it recently swelling. I hear it can be replaced, but after talking to BlackBerry Mobile today they tell me they don't have parts and cannot fix it anymore. Great support huh? Anyway my question is, where can I find a new battery? I'm having no luck finding even an aftermarket one. Does anyone know if they can be bought and where from?
    Thanks all,
    Jay
    Check out the other 2 threads you have been posting in about this issue.
    Jaynet likes this.
    08-10-19 02:20 AM
    Thanks!
    08-10-19 02:44 AM
    still awesome! An amazing and underrated device.
    08-13-19 03:11 AM
    battery still running like a champ!...
    08-13-19 06:34 AM
    My Motion is holding up well. Battery life is a full day and then-some. Will be two years old in a few months.
    08-13-19 06:39 AM
    My Motion is a little over a year and a half old. Battery is still doing good. Not quite as good as when it was new, but still overkill. Could easily get two days without a recharge.
    08-14-19 08:46 AM
    I'm pretty happy with my Motion battery. I don't know how old it is, because got it used. I can drive it down with lots of Candy Crush, but otherwise I can get more than one day.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion>S7 active
    08-14-19 07:44 PM
26 12