Hi guys!

I got my Motion three days ago and I must admit I just so love that device!
    Been using BlackBerries for decade now and I don't regret the switch from BB10 after all, but that is not the point.

Yesterday I dropped the phone on the concrete as I was getting out of my car.
    Booom! The screen has two very huge cracks The touch response is no harmed, phone works like charm.
    I now that I am left-handed, but that's not a point either :-)

I just would like to ask if anyone got their screen replaced already and on what price?

I got offer to replace the screen for about 340 USD, which seems to be a little pricey to me. I know that I must pay for my stupidity, but still....

Thanks for your advices and have a great day!

How much to repair Motion cracked screen?-img_20180312_182150.jpg
    03-12-18 12:31 PM
    Ouch. Not really sure if they already have replacement screen for BlackBerry motion. See if TCL can let you just buy the screen and you can replacement yourself.
    03-12-18 12:54 PM
    Just cracked mine too. Can't find any quotes on replacement services or oem parts. Don't mind doing it myself if it's gonna cost me hundreds to have BBMo fix it. Any referrals or info is appreciated.

Posted via CB10 on my indestructible Z30
    03-13-18 09:50 PM
    03-14-18 07:41 AM
    Don't forget that your water resistance rating is gone once you do a repair.
    03-15-18 08:30 AM
    I had the same problem when I dropped my PRIV. Needed a new digitizer. I ordered the parts and could never get it to work. Happened twice! Bought Dtek 50 and phone has proven more durable when it comes to a drop. Good luck!
    03-15-18 11:01 PM
    Hi guys!

I got my Motion three days ago and I must admit I just so love that device!
    Been using BlackBerries for decade now and I don't regret the switch from BB10 after all, but that is not the point.

Yesterday I dropped the phone on the concrete as I was getting out of my car.
    Booom! The screen has two very huge cracks The touch response is no harmed, phone works like charm.
    I now that I am left-handed, but that's not a point either :-)

I just would like to ask if anyone got their screen replaced already and on what price?

I got offer to replace the screen for about 340 USD, which seems to be a little pricey to me. I know that I must pay for my stupidity, but still....

Thanks for your advices and have a great day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180312_182150.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	434900
    For another $100 US you can buy a new Motion.
    03-16-18 12:07 PM
    For another $100 US you can buy a new Motion.
    How do I do This Please?
    03-16-18 11:28 PM
    How do I do This Please?
    If you are in US , go to amazon.com and it will cost you $449 US.
    03-17-18 10:39 AM
    Thank you for your help
    03-17-18 11:22 AM
    Best Buy also carries for same price.
    03-18-18 02:37 PM
    Even if I do not need them, I always look for replacement parts for my phones.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328732...t.32873212632&
    06-14-18 03:25 PM
    Cracked mine also first day , Purchased with Mastercard so after a lot of hoops they covered under 90 day anything insurance clause, Northfield cell repair also known as We-electronics in Waterloo fixed it for around $290 tax in ..
    06-14-18 07:22 PM
    $260 Canadian
    06-14-18 07:27 PM
    did you get it through a carrier.. if so pay the replacement fee.. Bill is 150$ I have one on my screen. pissed about it but I'm not capable to do it myself ..
    06-14-18 07:52 PM
    Heya folks. I am NOT a professional, but I just completed a screen replacement on mine with almost no difficulty, so some advice:

Screen I ordered came with digitizer and all tools from AliExpress (reasonable price around 100$ CDN). Quick turnaround, about 6 business days.

Start with the JerryRig video for a Motion teardown. He stops at one point and helpfully says "I'm not replacing the screen"... so at that point you're on your own.

TiP: Battery proves to be nasty to remove, due to the glue strips, so don't break those when you're pulling them off.

After the JerryRig vid stops, disconnect the vertical ribbon cable (in the picture, it's the one on the right) by using a plastic pry tool at the top, and then run your finger under to pull off, flip screen over and run a pry tool underneath the edge of glass (start with whereever you cracked). Glass shards will fly everywhere. Glue is only around the very perimeter, so once you get the edge off, you're laughing.

Slide the ribbon cable out through the opening, which attaches to the back of the digitizer. Whole piece should come off at this point.

Reinstallation was incredibly easy, the ribbon slides through, clips in place, slide your finger down to press and seal, and then pop the screen into the bottom of the frame and push down into the top, then watch the video in reverse and reassemble.

TiP: buy a new roll of adhesive for along the edges, because the adhesive sucks.

If you have any questions I pushed notifications for this post so I'll try to answer right away, and I have a whole series of photos of the process.
    Attached Thumbnails How much to repair Motion cracked screen?-img_20180618_234729.jpg  
    06-29-18 02:57 PM
    Heya folks. I am NOT a professional, but I just completed a screen replacement on mine with almost no difficulty, so some advice:

Screen I ordered came with digitizer and all tools from AliExpress (reasonable price around 100$ CDN). Quick turnaround, about 6 business days.

Start with the JerryRig video for a Motion teardown. He stops at one point and helpfully says "I'm not replacing the screen"... so at that point you're on your own.

TiP: Battery proves to be nasty to remove, due to the glue strips, so don't break those when you're pulling them off.

After the JerryRig vid stops, disconnect the vertical ribbon cable (in the picture, it's the one on the right) by using a plastic pry tool at the top, and then run your finger under to pull off, flip screen over and run a pry tool underneath the edge of glass (start with whereever you cracked). Glass shards will fly everywhere. Glue is only around the very perimeter, so once you get the edge off, you're laughing.

Slide the ribbon cable out through the opening, which attaches to the back of the digitizer. Whole piece should come off at this point.

Reinstallation was incredibly easy, the ribbon slides through, clips in place, slide your finger down to press and seal, and then pop the screen into the bottom of the frame and push down into the top, then watch the video in reverse and reassemble.

TiP: buy a new roll of adhesive for along the edges, because the adhesive sucks.

If you have any questions I pushed notifications for this post so I'll try to answer right away, and I have a whole series of photos of the process.
    I'm about to do this tomorrow (when the screen arrives); can you explain what a "roll of adhesive is"? is it just a special tape? Would rather have it handy when putting back together instead of going to get some after. Also wondering if there is a waterproof Gorilla Glue product we can use to go around the edges to reseal.

Thanks!
    07-26-18 03:59 PM
    The tape is a really skinny double sided black rubber. I see some here on AliExpress - but that will never get to you in time. I managed to reuse a portion of the adhesive, but it certainly isn't as sealed as it was originally... I would probably stay away from glue of any kind. The ledge that you place the tape on is so tiny, glue could get problematic.

Good luck to you!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/58mm...620493840.html
    John Clark10 likes this.
    07-27-18 04:23 PM
    After calling BBMobile I sent my phone into their repair centre. $100 and 3 weeks later I had my phone back with new screen and water resistance intact.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-29-18 11:01 PM
    Wow that was pretty good for BBM to charge you only $100 for screen replacement.
    07-30-18 01:03 AM
    I'm still waiting on my screen to get here in the mail I guess I mixed up tracking numbers and thought it would arrive last weekend. I don't think I can go 3 weeks without my phone, I don't have a back-up and I don't mind replacing it myself, I did my z10 with little difficulty. The loss of waterproofing is annoying but I think I will be able to find something once I get into the phone and look. Amazon has a bunch of stuff that pops up, just a matter of what makes sense. I'll let you all know how it goes, thanks for the help!
    07-31-18 11:52 AM
    So I finally got the screen in the mail and replaced it last weekend. I want to reiterate everything that was said above by M Mac but I also want to note a few things that might be common sense to some but I almost messed up.
    -The replacement took about 1.5 hrs for me, a majority of the time was spent re-lining the double sided tape. Apparently I had some from when I bought a screen replacement kit for my Z10
    -getting the battery out sucks. There's not much advice I can give on it; basically brute force and try not to break anything. My back up plan was going to best buy and getting a new cheap phone.
    -When breaking off the glass, be careful around the speaker and the finger print sensor. It's tough to tell when the glass ends and those pieces start.
    -Pay attention when putting the screen on to the flaps at the bottom. They are some kind of LEDs or something for the triangle and square buttons. I admittedly screwed this up and I can't really see the triangle or the square in daylight. I think it just means knowing what they are and making sure you get them aligned. The buttons work fine though so it's not an issue.
    I did use some glue to get the back on, I couldn't get it to stay down with the tape and applied some water resistant glue with a paperclip around the edges. This won't waterproof the phone though, there are more vulnerable places that will have the seal broken.
    08-15-18 08:35 AM
    Just cracked mine too. Can't find any quotes on replacement services or oem parts. Don't mind doing it myself if it's gonna cost me hundreds to have BBMo fix it. Any referrals or info is appreciated.

Posted via CB10 on my indestructible Z30
    There is a number for blackberry Mobile Hotline for customer support and Tech Support. They will replace screen. I have a case number opened the replace mine already. Just waiting until I get my new key 2
    08-17-18 11:55 AM
    After calling BBMobile I sent my phone into their repair centre. $100 and 3 weeks later I had my phone back with new screen and water resistance intact.
    Nicely done! I'm going to have to give them a call then.
    02-26-19 11:40 AM
    There is a number for blackberry Mobile Hotline for customer support and Tech Support. They will replace screen. I have a case number opened the replace mine already. Just waiting until I get my new key 2
    I finally got my device backed up and sent in after the battery puffed up, but I had also cracked the screen literally the first week I had the device, so I got them to do both the battery and the screen: $120 Canadian, all taxes included, free shipping there and back..

I'm very much a do it yourself guy and am actually set up to do this type of work, but this is actually cheaper than buying all the parts, never mind the time and effort. The only annoying but was backing up the phone before sending it in.. I finally found a good app: Lenovo 's Clone - it app not only backs up your data, but also the apps on your phone, including side loaded apps not from the Google Play store. I cloned my Motion back to my old Priv (what a P-O-S phone, I just didn't realize it at the time) while the Motion was in for repair..
    03-22-19 02:16 PM
27 12