My wife's screen is shattered, and I'm considering buying a replacement to do it myself (she doesn't want time away from her phone, or bbmo to wipe it). There's just nothing out there on how the screen is attached. Is it just glued on from the front, or do I need to dismantle the whole thing to do it? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!
    05-16-18 06:23 PM
    From looking at replacement parts and a teardown, the screen is glued into the frame, while the ribbon cable for the screen (the black cable at 3:33) runs underneath the battery and clips onto the motherboard. You're going to need to tear the phone apart to replace the screen yourself.

05-16-18 06:53 PM
    From looking at replacement parts and a teardown, the screen is glued into the frame, while the ribbon cable for the screen (the black cable at 3:33) runs underneath the battery and clips onto the motherboard. You're going to need to tear the phone apart to replace the screen yourself.

Hoping that it doesn't compromise the IP water resistance
    05-17-18 10:02 AM
    Hoping that it doesn't compromise the IP water ressitance
    Oh, it will.
    05-17-18 10:03 AM
    My wife's screen is shattered, and I'm considering buying a replacement to do it myself (she doesn't want time away from her phone, or bbmo to wipe it). There's just nothing out there on how the screen is attached. Is it just glued on from the front, or do I need to dismantle the whole thing to do it? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks!
    I shattered my screen back in March, it's cheaper to send the Motion to BB Mobile and let them repair it than buy the replacement. The IP rating will be compromised if you do it yourself too. They had the device back to me in a week and a half, including shipping there and back.

Hope this helps.
    05-17-18 11:13 PM
    Oh, it will.
    Nothing which silicone can't fix xD

Even you can do better job on sealing back cover than TCL lol
    05-19-18 05:45 PM