I'm using a Blackberry Motion,and I'm running out of storage space. I've installed a 64GB SD card, but I can't find an app that will allow me to move my apps there. Any advice?
    05-04-20 09:47 AM
    I'm using a Blackberry Motion,and I'm running out of storage space. I've installed a 64GB SD card, but I can't find an app that will allow me to move my apps there. Any advice?
    You can't. SD card is for storage only.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-20 10:40 AM
    Move all your documents, photos/videos and music (if you have any) to the SD card instead.

Set the camera app to save pictures and videos to the SD card by default. Easy to do now that you have one.

That's really all you can do. Except... maybe start thinking about how much you really use some of those apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-04-20 12:24 PM
    Install your SD card as Internal Storage instead. Then you can have some apps installed / moved to the SD card. You don't need any app to move the apps. This can be done from Storage tab in the settings. Phones which had SD cards installed as Internal Storage, have had problems like SD card crashing and becoming unusable. But if you use a good SD card like SanDisk and of 64GB max, you should be good. I had several problems when I tried using higher capacity cards like 128GB and 200GB as Internal Storage but no issues for last 2 years since I moved to a 64 GB card, pretty stable and speedy.
    05-09-20 12:32 AM
    Install your SD card as Internal Storage instead. Then you can have some apps installed / moved to the SD card. You don't need any app to move the apps. This can be done from Storage tab in the settings. Phones which had SD cards installed as Internal Storage, have had problems like SD card crashing and becoming unusable. But if you use a good SD card like SanDisk and of 64GB max, you should be good. I had several problems when I tried using higher capacity cards like 128GB and 200GB as Internal Storage but no issues for last 2 years since I moved to a 64 GB card, pretty stable and speedy.
    Bad idea.

Avoid this at all costs - it's a recipe for disaster.
    05-09-20 06:30 AM
    Bad idea.

Avoid this at all costs - it's a recipe for disaster.
    As I mentioned, I have been on both sides of it! Lost 3 SD cards before the 4th one worked and settled. Now 2+ years. Actually it is the love for Motion and non availability of any new BlackBerry vkb phone that made me take the risk!
    05-09-20 07:07 AM