Hi, it's just a feature in blackberry motion. But I don't like someone take my phone and still access the bezel or swtich user/ wifi /network settings and place the phone on airplane mode or thers features that are still accessible in lock mode. Well i'm wondering is there any chance to lock my phone completely? not even top bezel/drop down setting can be open.. is this possible ?
    01-15-19 03:38 AM
    turn it off
    01-15-19 07:06 AM
    turn it off
    So I'm looking through the forum trying to find an answer to the same question. My Motion is locked and requires a finger print and PIN. But when someone else picks up my phone and presses the home button, it asks for a finger print. But all one has to do is swipe up on the camera or microphone icon on the screen and it opens that app. Then hit the back button and viola, your in the phone. No finger print required. I have been working with the security settings and cannot figure out how to lock my phone. Coworkers had fun screwing with my secure BlackBerry.
    05-25-19 08:41 PM
    So I'm looking through the forum trying to find an answer to the same question. My Motion is locked and requires a finger print and PIN. But when someone else picks up my phone and presses the home button, it asks for a finger print. But all one has to do is swipe up on the camera or microphone icon on the screen and it opens that app. Then hit the back button and viola, your in the phone. No finger print required. I have been working with the security settings and cannot figure out how to lock my phone. Coworkers had fun screwing with my secure BlackBerry.
    I have tried to replicate your issue on a Motion and Evolve and each time I open the camera or microphone app without unlocking and hit the home button or back button , phone reverts to locked homescreen .

Suggest you check you have updated your device and all apps are updated
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-26-19 05:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have everything up to date. I changed my time out to the minimum and also it may have had something to do with the Smart lock feature. I also moved most of my important apps into the privacy Locker. Wish I could turn off the camera and microphone feature on the start up screen. Thanks again.
    05-26-19 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I have everything up to date. I changed my time out to the minimum and also it may have had something to do with the Smart lock feature. I also moved most of my important apps into the privacy Locker. Wish I could turn off the camera and microphone feature on the start up screen. Thanks again.
    Turn off Smart Lock. You may have given some Blue Tooth device or wifi location permission to keep the phone from being locked.
    melhiore and skilas like this.
    05-26-19 09:26 AM
    Turn off Smart Lock. You may have given some Blue Tooth device or wifi location permission to keep the phone from being locked.
    Hehe, sounds like it...
    05-26-19 11:35 AM
    Thanks, that was it!
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-26-19 03:10 PM
    Thanks, that was it!
    Glad you fixed it.
    05-26-19 03:27 PM
    Me too. I figured it had to be a setting. I caught a lot of flack for having a secure BlackBerry that everyone could get in to. I was about to go back to my Passport.
    05-26-19 03:35 PM