The one thing I continue to dislike about Blackberry is that I can't stop or delete BBM. I have no interest in BBM. I have never used it. I have never opened it. I know it can't be deleted, but is there a way to stop it from using so much system resources in the background when I am not a user and never intend to be one? I now have a Motion running Oreo . . .
    11-26-18 01:34 PM
    Disable it??
    11-26-18 01:43 PM
    DIsabling it only leads to being reset to the factory version. And after that, it is downloaded as the newest version again.
    11-26-18 02:16 PM
    The one thing I continue to dislike about Blackberry is that I can't stop or delete BBM. I have no interest in BBM. I have never used it. I have never opened it. I know it can't be deleted, but is there a way to stop it from using so much system resources in the background when I am not a user and never intend to be one? I now have a Motion running Oreo . . .
    That's the one reason why I uninstalled it on my K1. It consumed battery and data even when I didn't use it.

BBM is not even pre installed on chinese K1 as I own, so I installed it, used it few weeks and then uninstalled it.

Try to disable auto update if you don't want BBM to get updated by google play store.
    11-26-18 03:02 PM
    I have been meaning to get back to this. Thanks. Disabling BBM AND turning off auto-updates on google play seems to have done it. I know turning off BBM seems like a little thing, but I really got annoyed that it was running in the background most of the day when I never use it at all. And, my battery likes it turned off now too.
    12-04-18 12:57 PM
    There is now a brilliant feature in Power Centre known as Manage Automatic Apps. All such apps which you don't want to run in background can be switched off under this setting. No need to disable auto updates or delete it.
    12-06-18 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. The major culprit, BBM, can be stopped. Plus all other apps I never use, but that could collectively use a bit in the background. . .
    12-06-18 04:51 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. The major culprit, BBM, can be stopped. Plus all other apps I never use, but that could collectively use a bit in the background. . .
    Not really. It is quite effective. The background consumption reduces significantly. The only one still remains a big leak is location and the inability to set location to Battery Saving as default instead of High Accuracy. It switches back to High Accuracy all the time.
    12-07-18 09:41 AM
    How many days do you want your Motion to last on a charge? Personally, I have not found this to be a significant issue. BBM is a baked in part of the BlackBerry platform. Always has been, and I imagine it always will be.
    12-07-18 02:29 PM