I wish to connect to my Motion to my windows 10 laptop wirelessly. 'Your Phone Companion' from Microsoft does connect but has restrictions on number of images etc and is also quite slow. Any alternative options?
    07-20-20 06:14 AM
    I wish to connect to my Motion to my windows 10 laptop wirelessly. 'Your Phone Companion' from Microsoft does connect but has restrictions on number of images etc and is also quite slow. Any alternative options?
    I use Solid Explorer file manager. Connect via LAN or FTP.
    07-20-20 06:22 AM
    Another option is to use the cloud... Google Drive or something like OneDrive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-20 07:20 AM
    What is the reason for accessing the storage wirelessly? Is it to transfer photos? Is there a reason not to use a wired option? It is for convenience?

If your reason is to backup your photos, I've not found a good way to do it wireless where I actually access the phone. As @Dunt Dunt Dunt noted, you could use a cloud service. I personally have One Drive connected to my Motion, and find it works great. Most of the time, after I take a few photos, it starts uploading and shows up on my desktop in less than a minute.

If you need a fast way to get a large amount of photos off your Motion to your computer, I found the fastest way is to have your Motion set to save photos to a microsd card (that you need to install). And then remove it and offload to your PC that way. It's not wireless, but if you need to move tons of photos, it's definitely the fastest.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-26-20 09:35 PM
    I use Solid Explorer file manager. Connect via LAN or FTP.
    Brilliant option. Works smoothly. Thanks a lot for recommending Solid Explorer 👍
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-19-20 01:46 PM
    Brilliant option. Works smoothly. Thanks a lot for recommending Solid Explorer
    You bet. It's great software.
    08-19-20 01:53 PM