That's sounds like what I got. The sales rep was on the phone with tech support and still came up empty handed. When I was on the phone with tech support the agent was saying when he tried to update my IMEI to reflect the Motion he kept getting an error. Update your system to recognize the Motion and this problem goes away. I'm really debating on leaving AT&T. The lack of support they provide to their customers with BlackBerry devices is disappointing. I shouldn't have to fight for WiFi calling and hotspot access when it's a service they provide the rest of their customers.
    I was able to make Hotspot work by doing and Factory Reset.
    03-07-18 06:47 AM
    I may give that a try. Removing the sim card trick works but is cumbersome. If the factory reset is the one and done fix I may give it a go.
    03-07-18 07:04 AM
    Keep hearing people say if you come over to t-mo there's no service. Been with them for ten years -- currently near Los Angeles but Santa Monica Mountains block all service (thus WFC); when I go back to Vermont, service in the north, AT&T roaming in the central area. But WFC is the ****. It's the giant killer. IMHO...
    But if you need WFC and you’re roaming on the AT&T network, doesn’t that mean TMO is providing lower coverage. The very business model of TMO and Sprint for years was 80% of the population covered for lower costs. Let AT&T or Verizon have the remaining customers and pay for the expensive network buildout.

The reason AT&T or Verizon lock down enhanced services is to push customers to go all in. When TMO and Sprint have the ability to do same, it will be no different.
    03-07-18 07:55 AM
    But if you need WFC and you’re roaming on the AT&T network, doesn’t that mean TMO is providing lower coverage. The very business model of TMO and Sprint for years was 80% of the population covered for lower costs. Let AT&T or Verizon have the remaining customers and pay for the expensive network buildout.

The reason AT&T or Verizon lock down enhanced services is to push customers to go all in. When TMO and Sprint have the ability to do same, it will be no different.
    03-07-18 10:59 AM
    This is about if you MUST have WFC and you have a phone that at&t won't allow, then tmo works. Where I live I get no At&t, no Verizon, no tmo service. And I'm real close to La. The answer is tmo because they allow WFC on non branded phones. That is all.
    03-07-18 11:04 AM
    This is about if you MUST have WFC and you have a phone that at&t won't allow, then tmo works. Where I live I get no At&t, no Verizon, no tmo service. And I'm real close to La. The answer is tmo because they allow WFC on non branded phones. That is all.
    So basically, you don't have a mobile device, you have a cordless phone until you leave the Valley of No Signal...
    03-07-18 11:09 AM
    Of note; I carry my IPhone 7 in lieu of Motion for a few reasons, notably the hot spot;

After the weekend trying to get the mobile hot spot working, trying the work around (which works), scouring the internet I decided to stop by At&t store to discuss and get a new sim card.
    My dude is an old BB user, liked the Motion but was shocked that it wouldn't enable. I did the work around in front of him.......he could only shake his head.

He check my account, I proved I have hot spot on IPhone, we swapped sims in phone to no avail. Tried a new sim, no go.

My DTek60 and Keyone work fine with hot spot......It is certainly an AT&T thing no doubt.
    03-12-18 03:53 PM
    Is this factory reset trick a permanent solution or does it only work for a short time? I don't want to keep reseting my device if I can just pull the sim card to enable the hotspot.
    03-12-18 04:48 PM
    Factory Reset did the job. Still no issues
    I think when blackberry loads the android O's in the phones some initial values are not beimg set. This advice to reset after phone was given by blackberry support after third te calling them. I went to carrier warranty depot and they me to call Blackberry back
    Since it was not a carrier issue. Make sure you back up phone data and contacts first.
    03-12-18 05:16 PM
    Were you able to get anywhere on this? I got my - 2 yesterday and I can't enable the Hotspot either. I called AT&T and the answer was that they don't allow unlocked devices to use the Hotspot feature but I explained that my unlocked PRIV doesn't have a problem...no solution given.
    If we backup for factory reset what is saved and is everything restored once you sign into Google account?
    03-12-18 07:12 PM
    If we backup for factory reset what is saved and is everything restored once you sign into Google account?
    All of your apps and data is backed up with Google. The painful part about doing a factory reset is setting everything back up.
    03-12-18 08:02 PM
    I just completed a factory reset, fairly painless.

Hotspot still not enabled.

Did you do a "hard" reset?
    03-12-18 08:09 PM
    No joy. Just pulled my "non Branded" Keyone out of the drawer, threw in the sim and guess what, hotspot works like a champ even with months of updates and system updates loading.

Not sure if a hard reset will resolve the Motion issue, it is the last straw.
    03-12-18 08:58 PM
    .....although I have no idea how to hard reset, can't find anywhere???
    03-12-18 09:44 PM
    .....although I have no idea how to hard reset, can't find anywhere???
    No luck here either with the factory reset...now I'm setting up my phone again. Blaze posted today about the various resets for Android devices.
    Here are all the different restart methods for your BlackBerry powered by Android smartphone https://www.crackberry.com/here-are-...oid-smartphone
    03-12-18 10:15 PM
    I CAN NOT get the Motion to do a hard reset. I have tried every combination of holding the power button for 32+ seconds, on, off, with volume. I just vibrates intermitantly but never gets me to a wipe screen.

Any other thoughts or button combinations????
    03-13-18 07:51 AM
    I CAN NOT get the Motion to do a hard reset. I have tried every combination of holding the power button for 32+ seconds, on, off, with volume. I just vibrates intermitantly but never gets me to a wipe screen.

Any other thoughts or button combinations????
    I think that may be the extent of the reset. It is supposed to be the same as a battery pull
    03-13-18 08:02 AM
    Thats interesting because it does not reset anything. It seems the reset within the settings is the only way???

Totally confused with this reset thing now.
    03-13-18 09:13 AM
    After another day of messing with my Motion, searching and trying things I have come to the realization that this phone is nothing but a phone now. Hot spot is vital to my day. Both Dtek 60 and keyone hot spot worked great, albeit Dtek battery sucked, Keyone screen a bit to small. The Motion fit the bill, except this hotspot issue.

Unfortunately I must go back and use the Iphone until this gets resolved.
    Sadly, I love the Motion form factory, battery and VKB.
    03-13-18 04:55 PM
    After another day of messing with my Motion, searching and trying things I have come to the realization that this phone is nothing but a phone now. Hot spot is vital to my day. Both Dtek 60 and keyone hot spot worked great, albeit Dtek battery sucked, Keyone screen a bit to small. The Motion fit the bill, except this hotspot issue.

Unfortunately I must go back and use the Iphone until this gets resolved.
    Sadly, I love the Motion form factory, battery and VKB.
    There's always T-Mobile. Their network allows enhanced features to fully work on unbranded devices such as WiFi calling and Hotspot.
    03-13-18 05:38 PM
    I appreciate the wisdom. Unfortunately I have a corporate account with numerous telephones associated with it. Changing carrier's right now isn't worth the payback.

Is there any chance AT&T would provision for this later? Maybe with the next BB is released ;-)
    03-13-18 07:38 PM
    I appreciate the wisdom. Unfortunately I have a corporate account with numerous telephones associated with it. Changing carrier's right now isn't worth the payback.

Is there any chance AT&T would provision for this later? Maybe with the next BB is released ;-)
    Have heard of them doing this. So, possible. This is a 100-2, right?
    03-13-18 08:23 PM
    Yes it is. NA version
    03-13-18 08:51 PM
    Yes it is. NA version
    Do you have another device that AT&T carrier locked? Put your SIM card in that device to get enhanced services and switch to your Motion..
    03-13-18 09:12 PM
    Yes, I do. Have the Dtek 60 and Keyone. Tried yesterday. Put sim in both, booted, both had hotspot with no issues.
    This is a Motion against AT&T issue. I have no doubt. Someone, somewhere has an answer. It lies within the bowels of AT&T.
    03-13-18 11:19 PM
105 12345