What do you guys think about physical home buttons. I’m going to buy this phone but I think it’s kinda ironic that BBOS10 used to be the most minimal os and now, Apple , after many years with a big home button now takes this place. The Priv and the Dtek devices had onscreen nav keys , so this one and Keyone feels like a step back. No to mention that it’s a little more exposed to water damage ( but Galaxy devices seems to doing good)
    11-02-17 08:43 AM
    the home button has only 3 function as I know of :-

- fingerprint scanner
    - as a home button
    - swipe down to bring down the top notification...
    11-02-17 08:48 AM
    Do you press it down or just touch it?
    11-02-17 08:58 AM

- fingerprint scanner
    - as a home button
    Indeed , very useful, but nothing exclusive. Swipe down gesture also comes with Huawei devices.
    11-02-17 01:27 PM

- fingerprint scanner
    - as a home button
    Exactly.
    11-02-17 03:04 PM

- fingerprint scanner
    - as a home button
    The swipe down feature feels kind of incomplete if there is no swipe up to dismiss the notification center when it's down.
    11-02-17 03:50 PM
    Do you press it down or just touch it?
    Would be interesting to know, anyone please?
    11-15-17 07:02 AM
    If you swipe up on the fingerprint sensor it exits out of the app. No need to push down. Very BlackBerry 10 like. My mom is hopelessly in love with it.
    11-15-17 09:43 AM
    A home button still has its place in the world and BlackBerry strives to be different and if everyone is ditching them those who still want one can go to BlackBerry for one
    11-15-17 09:56 AM
    Design wise, it is obviously very dated but it is the easiest and cheapest way to implement a fingerprint scanner. Bb10 has no devices with one so they didn’t have to deal with it. If they wanted to be a little creative (like they were with the keyone fingerprint scanner), they could have placed it on the side power button.

Given the near complete lack of marketing, I’m guessing TCL didn’t really have high hopes for this phone and simply put it out for completeness, targeted at the true BB faithful who only wanted a slab.
    11-15-17 09:59 AM
    If you swipe up on the fingerprint sensor it exits out of the app. No need to push down. Very BlackBerry 10 like. My mom is hopelessly in love with it.
    That's awesome, BB Mobile should really advertise that. It could help some BB10 users find a new home.
    11-15-17 11:34 AM
    Design wise, it is obviously very dated but it is the easiest and cheapest way to implement a fingerprint scanner. Bb10 has no devices with one so they didn’t have to deal with it. If they wanted to be a little creative (like they were with the keyone fingerprint scanner), they could have placed it on the side power button.
    This is a terrific feature on Sony's handsets (spoken like a non-US citizen ). It genuinely surprises me that other manufacturers haven't given it a go; I almost wondered if BlackBerry Mobile would.
    11-15-17 03:35 PM
    This is a terrific feature on Sony's handsets (spoken like a non-US citizen ). It genuinely surprises me that other manufacturers haven't given it a go; I almost wondered if BlackBerry Mobile would.
    Completely agree. I’ve played with it on a Sony and was amazed at how natural it feels. I so wish Apple put it in the X. It’s almost the perfect location.
    11-15-17 03:46 PM
    Its really practical kudos to TCL
    11-15-17 04:35 PM

Given the near complete lack of marketing, I’m guessing TCL didn’t really have high hopes for this phone and simply put it out for completeness, targeted at the true BB faithful who only wanted a slab.
    Aren't the BB faithful...faithful to BB...because of their qwerty's, and not their slabs?
    11-15-17 04:56 PM
    Aren't the BB faithful...faithful to BB...because of their qwerty's, and not their slabs?
    You would think so and that’s likely the majority but z10,z30 did grab a little attention and those loyal to the B.B. brand, like the slab form factor and want apps, could nibble on the Motion.
    11-15-17 05:24 PM
    Just discovered if you long press the home button Google Assistant comes up. Was wondering where it was!!!
    11-15-17 05:43 PM
    Just discovered if you long press the home button Google Assistant comes up. Was wondering where it was!!!
    Yes, the 4th feature is google assistant convenience key built into home button when you hold it down.
    11-15-17 06:02 PM