Hi Motion (& Key2 users),

I have a question about using the Locker app. I understand that a user can send files & even apps to the Locker so they can't be viewed without the fingerprint or pass code.
    But what about the entire Contacts app? Can it be locked up also?
    Also, what about creating a folder within the Locker & filling the folder with individual contacts that a user doesn't want seen in the public Contacts app?
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-14-18 06:06 PM
    But what about the entire Contacts app? Can it be locked up also?
    Sure, but that would be kinda silly since apps that integrate with the Contacts app will still show your contacts. eg: Hub, SMS, etc. They just won't do so in their entirety, it would take a bit more time and effort to dig it out but it could still be done. In this case, you would really want a seperate app that silos whatever contacts you want to hide and keep them out of your regular contacts app.

Which I suppose is why you asked your second question..

Also, what about creating a folder within the Locker & filling the folder with individual contacts that a user doesn't want seen in the public Contacts app?
    You can't create folders within Locker.

tl;dr: You would be better off with one of these apps - https://play.google.com/store/search...ontacts&c=apps and hiding that app inside Locker vs. using the built in contacts app.
    07-14-18 07:00 PM
    Sure, but that would be kinda silly since apps that integrate with the Contacts app will still show your contacts. eg: Hub, SMS, etc. They just won't do so in their entirety, it would take a bit more time and effort to dig it out but it could still be done. In this case, you would really want a seperate app that silos whatever contacts you want to hide and keep them out of your regular contacts app.

tl;dr: You would be better off with one of these apps - https://play.google.com/store/search...ontacts&c=apps and hiding that app inside Locker vs. using the built in contacts app.
    Thanks for the answers & suggestion. I got my Motion last week but haven't even powered it on yet. Probably sounds dumb but I'm waiting for the rest of my accessories to arrive so I can apply them & then start getting into transitioning to Android & learning the ins & outs of the Motion.
    By the way, is there a way to transfer all of my saved predictive text data from my Z30 to the Motion?

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-14-18 09:08 PM

Are you sure Folders cannot be created within Locker....see scrrenshot. This is using the Keyone. Maybe not possible in other models??
    Attached Thumbnails Hiding contacts in the Locker app?-create-folder.jpg  
    07-15-18 06:35 AM
    Are you sure Folders cannot be created within Locker....see scrrenshot. This is using the Keyone. Maybe not possible in other models??
    That's awesome! I hope it allows me to do that on the Motion.
    I didn't realize that the KEYone was able the use the Locker. I had only seen it talked about here with the Motion & Key2.

07-15-18 08:13 AM
    No, you're right. I overlooked it when I was looking in Files cause it's set up different on KEY2 then in your screenshots. On KEY2, when you go in Locker you don't get the file browser as shown. For that matter, you can't even screenshot the Locker app on KEY2. But you can still create folders. You are correct. It's the same on KEYone, Motion and KEY2.
    07-15-18 12:17 PM