You either love'm or hate'm, but, for me, a VKB in the line-up makes sense.
    I just received mine to sit alongside my K1Black.

I think that with a few changes, the Motion could go from a good to a very good phone.

Would it be as easy as to use the Key2 specs?

64gb ; 6GB Ram, dual camera - so far, that's S9 specs.
    The battery already exceeds it.

Then upgrade the processor. You don't need to compete with the S9, Mate 10 or Iphoney X.

A few tweaks to the chin and design and hey presto. A refresh that's more attractive and maybe 50€ more expensive.

After that, you either buy into Blackberry or you don't....

What do you think? And will we see a Motion 2?
    I think we will.
    bigjman, herbersh and nando97 like this.
    06-18-18 11:17 AM

I think that with a few changes, the Motion could go from a good to a very good phone.

Then upgrade the processor. You don't need to compete with the S9, Mate 10 or Iphoney X.

A few tweaks to the chin and design and hey presto. A refresh that's more attractive and maybe 50€ more expensive.

I think we will.
    I would own a Motion now if it was available on Verizon in the USA. I purchased an Essential PH-1 instead and I am happy with it but miss the Blackberry Hub and security features.
    06-18-18 11:41 AM
    I think we will.
    Probably not.
    06-18-18 11:49 AM
    I love my motion, but I am not a fan of the PKB at all. My wife loves her Keyone. After playing with her phone, I got to loving the android, and moved from the Z30 to a motion. I want the security, and privacy that blackberry provides. It would be a shame if this is the last VKB(slab) blackberry.
    06-18-18 01:42 PM
    They will probably make a PRIV 2 (not called that though) before a new slab only device.
    06-18-18 03:40 PM
    I'm enjoying the Motion. I bought this mostly for droning. It's currently being used full time until my replacement KEYone arrives on Wednesday.

I miss the physical keyboard a lot. As soon as my KEYone arrives, SIM goes back in there.

There's nothing wrong with the Motion at all, if you've never gotten hooked on shortcuts, typing accuracy, and everything else about physical keyboards.

Really nice phone this Motion. I'm guessing they made way less of these than the KEYone and the demand is probably not nearly as high though. Knowing that, they might skip slabs altogether.
    06-18-18 03:44 PM
    if Motion is it for slab phones I will use it til it dies. I thoroughly enjoy this phone. I have never had a problem with typing accuracy as long as I use the the Blackberry keyboard.

I would never own a slider again after the torch. I would be happy with either Key2 or Motion. I'm a Blackberry man through and through.
    nando97 likes this.
    06-18-18 04:22 PM
    I would own a Motion now if it was available on Verizon in the USA. I purchased an Essential PH-1 instead and I am happy with it but miss the Blackberry Hub and security features.
    Absolutely agree with you.
    06-18-18 07:41 PM
    if Motion is it for slab phones I will use it til it dies. I thoroughly enjoy this phone. I have never had a problem with typing accuracy as long as I use the the Blackberry keyboard.

I would never own a slider again after the torch. I would be happy with either Key2 or Motion. I'm a Blackberry man through and through.
    Yeah, it's actually good for accuracy. I should have said it's better accuracy for not looking at the keyboard when I type. For me that is. I find it hard to type without looking at the virtual keyboard versus a physical one. With the muscle memory and tactile buttons.
    06-18-18 09:21 PM
    Yeah, it's actually good for accuracy. I should have said it's better accuracy for not looking at the keyboard when I type. For me that is. I find it hard to type without looking at the virtual keyboard versus a physical one. With the muscle memory and tactile buttons.
    Totally agree with you on that. Can't type by feel on a VKB. If you can, you are not from this planet. Hahaha
    06-19-18 04:34 AM
    It's OK. I can't type by feel even on my laptop. 😂
    I did love typing on my Q10, but not without looking.
    Hopefully the Ghost will someday appear in the US!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-19-18 10:45 AM
    $600 SLAB with a SD660, would sell like Ice in Antarctica....

Only reason for another slab from BBMo is IF enterprise buys into BlackBerry's Android Secure.... if they don't, then I doubt we will see them waste resources on a Motion2.
    06-19-18 11:11 AM
    i really dont see any reason for any manufacturer to compete as much as they do on a all touch slab device.. there are SOO many of them... i dont get it... this is GM all over again.. eventually, they will all go out of business. we literally have multiple devices that have exact same specs on the market... WHY??? same with BB.. they should stick to KEY# phones, and give us 2 screen sizes w/ killer specs.
    06-19-18 03:59 PM
    I would buy a Motion 2, I wonder what the development cost would be to start with the Key 2 and revise the design to drop the keyboard, add a bigger screen and fill any spare space with extra battery? If that can be done relatively cheaply then perhaps a Motion 2 will be viable.
    Last edited by jimbo169527; 06-20-18 at 12:23 PM.
    06-19-18 04:28 PM
    I've been wondering myself if they'll come out with a VKB version of the Key2. I have the Motion. And then I think... it's not necessary. My Motion is still responsive and the battery life is great.

From an appearance perspective, I would love to see Motion variant that has the same all black and same back as the Key2, but again, not necessary.
    06-19-18 10:18 PM
    Probably not.
    Probably not see any new BlackBerry slab or just one called the motion 2?
    06-20-18 06:05 AM
    I would be up for a Motion2 or a Priv2 in six months to one year :-)
    06-20-18 06:27 AM
    Probably not see any new BlackBerry slab or just one called the motion 2?
    Any slab. At least not this year. If one does come, gonna be a while.
    06-20-18 10:17 AM
    Any slab. At least not this year. If one does come, gonna be a while.
    Crap. I was holding out, but no longer. Motion ordered.
    06-20-18 11:37 AM
    I would buy a Motion 2, I wonder what the development cost would be to start with the Key 2 and revise the design to drop the keyboard, add a bigger screen and fill any spare space with extra battery? If that can be done relatively cheaply then perhaps a Motion 2 will be viable.
    I would buy a Motion 2 as well. The original is excellent but something that builds on it in a year or so would get my money. I've never got on with pkb.
    jimbo169527 likes this.
    06-20-18 04:08 PM

I think we will.
    I would add an oled screen and reduced bezel. If they do that, then I would certainly consider it.
    06-20-18 09:28 PM
    I would buy a Motion 2 as well. The original is excellent but something that builds on it in a year or so would get my money. I've never got on with pkb.
    The more I use it the more I like it, but it's my second 'non-business' phone and of course, in that respect, a bit of a luxury.
    The screen doesn't smudge any more than the Keyone Black, and I don't see any need for an OLED screen. The home button is nice, as you can also scroll with it, and the finger print sensor is as good as the Keyone.
    I'm really liking the feel of the phone in my hands. Didn't expect to like it so much overall. Also, over the Keyone you get IP67, non-scratch and bigger screen, and it's lighter, although slightly bigger.
    I've been reading ebooks and watching videos on it and it works well for those functions.

If it ever turned up in a shop, it wouldn't stand out amongst all the other slabs, except for "this phone is the most secure Android". And they say the market is falling due to lack of real innovation in the sector. So, not much of an incentive to launch anything new by Blackberry.

But, having at least one VKB in the line-up does seem logical, and I think a small performance and camera upgrade and a design freshen-up would help sales, but as said before, the "most secure Android" doesn't seem to bother the general public.

If they could provide it with one "The most.." apart from the "secure", then they might stand a chance. Among generalist phones it could be "The most waterproof or break resistent or "The only phone with call reception boost or ......"

The marketing guys need to have a Eureka moment!
    06-20-18 11:17 PM
    Probably sold less than 200,000 units the first go around. There won't be a second motion but if Key² sales are good and make inroads with business at least they can offer the original Motion as an alternative.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-21-18 12:01 AM

The marketing guys need to have a Eureka moment!
    The bottom line is they need to make phones people want to buy. Marketing alone is not going to sell phones.
    06-21-18 09:40 AM
    Probably sold less than 200,000 units the first go around. There won't be a second motion but if Key² sales are good and make inroads with business at least they can offer the original Motion as an alternative.
    I bet Essential sold more of their phones than BBMo did of the Motion.... and they didn't sell that many.
    06-21-18 01:22 PM
40 12