My friend has had a Z10 for several years and it is finally showing its age. She was waiting on the Motion but it appears a CDMA version is never going to happen. So reluctantly she will have to leave BlackBerry for a new phone.

We were chatting about other 'Droid phones. She loves having the Hub. She also likes her present BlackBerry calendar because it's the only one she found that will capture all her necessary calendars (work, personal, BBM). She likes the functionality of the Hub.

I mentioned to her that with a 'Droid phone she could download BlackBerry Hub and even the Keyboard (since she likes that as well). But I am thinking that she will end up paying a fee to download BlackBerry apps for a non-Blackberry device.

So can anyone tell me a couple things: is there a fee involved and how much, what calendar should she use that will integrate all the calendars she uses (work is NOT on Google - it is Outlook), and are there any pitfalls to avoid.

It just stinks that Verizon doesn't support BlackBerry - with their coverage and such, they have you.

Thanks for your feedback.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-07-18 12:59 PM
    This is the info from the Google Play Store...

"If you don't have a BlackBerry device:
    You can use this app on your Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app or from BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Hub requires BlackBerry Hub+
    "

As for the fee I'm not 100% sure but did read somewhere that it was $0.99 per month, whether that is still the case dunno. Would be better (IMO) if they charged a one-time fee yet have no clue what that would need to be to make it viable.
    04-07-18 01:53 PM
    My friend has had a Z10 for several years and it is finally showing its age. She was waiting on the Motion but it appears a CDMA version is never going to happen. So reluctantly she will have to leave BlackBerry for a new phone.

We were chatting about other 'Droid phones. She loves having the Hub. She also likes her present BlackBerry calendar because it's the only one she found that will capture all her necessary calendars (work, personal, BBM). She likes the functionality of the Hub.

I mentioned to her that with a 'Droid phone she could download BlackBerry Hub and even the Keyboard (since she likes that as well). But I am thinking that she will end up paying a fee to download BlackBerry apps for a non-Blackberry device.

So can anyone tell me a couple things: is there a fee involved and how much, what calendar should she use that will integrate all the calendars she uses (work is NOT on Google - it is Outlook), and are there any pitfalls to avoid.

It just stinks that Verizon doesn't support BlackBerry - with their coverage and such, they have you.

Just to let you know, you won't be able to use BlackBerry keyboard through the subscription

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    04-07-18 01:58 PM

You can use this app on your Android device absolutely free for 30 days. After that, you can continue using the app for free, with some ads. To remove ads and unlock access to more apps, subscribe to BlackBerry Hub+ from the app or from BlackBerry Hub+ Services. Hub requires BlackBerry Hub+
    "

As for the fee I'm not 100% sure but did read somewhere that it was $0.99 per month, whether that is still the case dunno. Would be better (IMO) if they charged a one-time fee yet have no clue what that would need to be to make it viable.
    That sucks. Feel bad for loyal blackberry people in the states cause their choices are limited even when they want to support blackberry your hands are tied
    04-07-18 03:52 PM

This is how you get all the Blackberry andriod apps like the BlackBerry touchscreen keyboard, Andriod Hub, and etc.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    Elky64 likes this.
    04-07-18 04:32 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help and responses.
    04-07-18 11:13 PM
    That sucks. Feel bad for loyal blackberry people in the states cause their choices are limited even when they want to support blackberry your hands are tied
    Don't feel bad, since people can use AT&T or T-Mobile still as GSM carriers. The reason that Verizon coverage is strong in many areas is because of CDMA which has inherent limitations but obviously has advantages too.
    04-08-18 02:26 AM

"

Think $20-$23 based on two years of revenues.
    Elky64 likes this.
    04-08-18 02:29 AM