Hi,

My new Motion, received 8 days ago from Amazon Germany, has a little issue with my home button. I can't really figure out whether it's a hardware or a software issue.

My observation is that's it's not always working. Sometimes it seems like it's a software issue where there's a delay of closing apps when I pressed it, or I have to press it harder, in a certain way (works by chance then) or I have to press it multiple times in order to close an app.

Then outside, when it's cold, I have to really press it in order to close an app, but then again sometimes it's working flawlessly for a couple of hours but they plays up again and I have to press it harder or a little longer again.

It seems to have its own character.

So I'm not sure whether to send it back to Amazon or is it just a fixable software issue. Will that be an exchange reason to get a new one sent?

So how does your home button work? Can you press it lightly and it's working or do you have to press it longer or harder as well?

What do you recommend doing?

Thank you in advance.
    01-19-18 01:30 PM
    I have none of these issues. Send it back. Get a new one.
    01-19-18 03:09 PM
    I have none of these issues. Send it back. Get a new one.
    Thanks, called Amazon and the new one will arrive Monday. Hope it's it showing any issues.
    01-19-18 03:42 PM
    I have the same issue and I bought it from bestbuy Canada!
    01-19-18 03:55 PM
    Never an issue on mine (BBD100-2), received mid-November here in Canada.
    01-19-18 04:35 PM
    I have no problems with the Home Button. I think it's a hardware issue and to send it back is the right way.
    01-19-18 04:39 PM
    Thanks, called Amazon and the new one will arrive Monday. Hope it's it showing any issues.
    I am curious, are they sending you a new one before you even returned the one you have? I am gonna be dealing with smartphone experts to return and replace mine and I hope they will be as quick acting as amazon!
    01-19-18 06:56 PM
    I am curious, are they sending you a new one before you even returned the one you have? I am gonna be dealing with smartphone experts to return and replace mine and I hope they will be as quick acting as amazon!
    Yes a new one is on its way now, arriving on Monday. I then have 30 days to return my "old" device. So I can compare it and send back the device I don't want.
    01-20-18 01:22 PM
    Mine is working well . Now the device is more than three months old.
    01-20-18 03:26 PM
    Yes a new one is on its way now, arriving on Monday. I then have 30 days to return my "old" device. So I can compare it and send back the device I don't want.
    Oh wow I guess you are having wonderful customer service from amazon! With smartphone experts bestbuy, I have to send the old one first.. still waiting for them to issue a return label! I just hope the second one they will send will not be also defective!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 09:36 PM
    Well I received my replacement BB Motion and the home button works great! It feels completely different than the previous one....

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 likes this.
    01-25-18 04:22 PM
    Well I received my replacement BB Motion and the home button works great! It feels completely different than the previous one....

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear, enjoy.
    01-25-18 07:18 PM
    I think they made a mistake including a hard push button. Why couldn't they just keep the 'swipe up' from bottom of the screen as in BB10?
    01-25-18 09:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here, use it since Monday and the home button is now actually clicky and works perfectly.

This phone is a beast. I really loved the gestures on my Z30 and I'm still getting used to it not having them on the motion. Still think that the gestures were there best way to work with a phone.
    01-27-18 05:04 AM
    no problem with mine. musta be a faulty home botton
    01-27-18 05:54 AM
    Same here, use it since Monday and the home button is now actually clicky and works perfectly.

This phone is a beast. I really loved the gestures on my Z30 and I'm still getting used to it not having them on the motion. Still think that the gestures were there best way to work with a phone.
    Yup more clicky and actually functional on a regular basis... now on a different note! I have noticed something strange with the calculator app! While the app it self is great and reminds of bb 10 (3 in1) calculator, the strange part is that is doesn't appear on my list of installed apps in the google play store! There are two apps in google play store that has similar icons! But none of them are (3-1). The app is called 'Calculator' I have no clue who made it!

I cant recall if it came with the phone or not! Can you let me know what calculator u have on urs ?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-27-18 05:50 PM
    Does anyone have impression that home button on Motion is a bit cranky and loosen on some moment. Mine working fine exept is annoying.
    02-04-18 03:40 PM
    Does anyone have impression that home button on Motion is a bit cranky and loosen on some moment. Mine working fine exept is annoying.
    Seen other's on here make mention of it as well on a couple of reviews. Class mine as very precise and solid, not loose nor does it rock as some proclaim. Had my Motion since mid-Novemeber using it daily since and haven't noticed any changes with home button over that period of time.
    02-04-18 05:56 PM
    Yup more clicky and actually functional on a regular basis... now on a different note! I have noticed something strange with the calculator app! While the app it self is great and reminds of bb 10 (3 in1) calculator, the strange part is that is doesn't appear on my list of installed apps in the google play store! There are two apps in google play store that has similar icons! But none of them are (3-1). The app is called 'Calculator' I have no clue who made it!

I cant recall if it came with the phone or not! Can you let me know what calculator u have on urs ?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If it's similar as the DTEK60 it came with the device.
    02-05-18 11:18 AM