Hi everyone,
    I have read about the benefits of installing the Google Phone app which is the default app for the Google Pixel phones. I would like to install the appbfrom on my Motion but can't seem to find a version that will install. I keep getting a "App not installed" message. I have already allowed apps to be installed from other sources in my security settings. Can anyone help me accomplish a successful install of the most recent usable version of Google Phone?
    07-07-19 07:45 PM
    Where did you read it? If it's suggested I'd expect there to be some instructions on how to do it....

When I do a search here... I only see issues.
    07-08-19 09:14 AM
    Where did you read it? If it's suggested I'd expect there to be some instructions on how to do it....

When I do a search here... I only see issues.
    be read about it here in the CrackBerry forums. I've tried installing from APKMirror because it doesn't show up in a search in the Google Play app store.
    07-08-19 09:40 AM
    be read about it here in the CrackBerry forums. I've tried installing from APKMirror because it doesn't show up in a search in the Google Play app store.
    If you don't have a supported devcie... it's not going to show up in Google Play.

I've seen a few post... with links to older versions, but none of those threads indicate 100% success or stability. You'll have one poster say it works great, and four others that list what doesn't work.
    07-08-19 09:45 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I have read about the benefits of installing the Google Phone app which is the default app for the Google Pixel phones. I would like to install the appbfrom on my Motion but can't seem to find a version that will install. I keep getting a "App not installed" message. I have already allowed apps to be installed from other sources in my security settings. Can anyone help me accomplish a successful install of the most recent usable version of Google Phone?
    Not sure which android OS is on the Motion, but Google "Patched Google Phone app v.33" and a link to xda should show up with what you're looking for. The Dev is trusted, in case you're concerned, but don't take my word for it. Read through the thread, and familiarize yourself with the app, the developer who modified it, and the users feedback.
    07-08-19 10:10 AM
    If you don't have a supported devcie... it's not going to show up in Google Play.

I've seen a few post... with links to older versions, but none of those threads indicate 100% success or stability. You'll have one poster say it works great, and four others that list what doesn't work.
    As true as that may be, my request for help is for how to even get it installed.
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight_Forever; 07-08-19 at 12:29 PM.
    07-08-19 10:23 AM
    Not sure which android OS is on the Motion, but Google "Patched Google Phone app v.33" and a link to xda should show up with what you're looking for. The Dev is trusted, in case you're concerned, but don't take my word for it. Read through the thread, and familiarize yourself with the app, the developer who modified it, and the users feedback.
    It's on Android 8.1.0. Thanks for the helpful lead. I'll check it out.
    07-08-19 10:25 AM
    As true as true that may be, my request for help is for how to even get it installed.
    Without using the mod @Mecca EL suggested there is no way, because your Motion recognizes the files as the same due to BlackBerry using the same base configuration. The BB Phone app IS the Google Phone app just customized and it won't let you overwrite a system app. A while ago, Google screwed up and let it be installable by some devices but that window has long since closed.
    07-08-19 12:01 PM
    Without using the mod @Mecca EL suggested there is no way, because your Motion recognizes the files as the same due to BlackBerry using the same base configuration. The BB Phone app IS the Google Phone app just customized and it won't let you overwrite a system app. A while ago, Google screwed up and let it be installable by some devices but that window has long since closed.
    Thanks for the info as always, Bla1ze.
    07-08-19 12:28 PM