Does anyone know how to perform a hard reset on the Blackberry Motion? Holding down the Volume Up + Power only gets me to the Backup Bootloader Menu. I'm having WIFI issues after the latest update a few days ago. Thanks in advance for the help.
    04-03-18 08:30 AM
    Does anyone know how to perform a hard reset on the Blackberry Motion? Holding down the Volume Up + Power only gets me to the Backup Bootloader Menu. I'm having WIFI issues after the latest update a few days ago. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Hold the power button down for 32 seconds. Ignore everything else that happens on the screen during that time.
    04-03-18 08:40 AM
    This did not get me into anything other than the phone kept rebooting over and over again while holding down the power button. Anyone else can offer any suggestions?
    04-03-18 10:33 AM
    This did not get me into anything other than the phone kept rebooting over and over again while holding down the power button. Anyone else can offer any suggestions?
    The next step is a factory reset.
    04-03-18 10:37 AM
    The next step is a factory reset.
    Factory Reset did not fix my WIFI problem. Factory Reset does not wipe cache. Is there a way to revert back to the previous release of update? I think that might be the best option at this point. I've never had a problem with the WIFI until the latest update.
    04-03-18 11:07 AM
    There is no way to roll back as the manufacturers are all setting the ARB fuse (anti-rollback) during the update process which prohibits use of an earlier-revision of the code. It's an increment-only register in the processor and cannot be written to a previous value.
    04-03-18 03:47 PM
    Is this happening with all wifis or just at home? On a different phone I was getting the "no internet" message and resetting router (after "forgetting wifi on phone) solved.
    04-03-18 09:14 PM
    Is this happening with all wifis or just at home? On a different phone I was getting the "no internet" message and resetting router (after "forgetting wifi on phone) solved.
    That I do not know. I use WIFI for the most part at home and very seldom on a public open WIFI. I'm using an access point to extend the range of the router. Let me reset the AP and see if that work. Will post back once I've tried it.
    04-03-18 09:19 PM
    I'm having the same trouble, WiFi not responding or loading new pages. I find if I turn my device wifi off and on again it resets and works for a while again. Has shown up since last update.
    04-04-18 12:49 AM
    That I do not know. I use WIFI for the most part at home and very seldom on a public open WIFI. I'm using an access point to extend the range of the router. Let me reset the AP and see if that work. Will post back once I've tried it.
    I have tried resetting the AP, using a different AP, connecting directly to the router, used a different router, connecting at 5 GHz, none with any success. The WIFI connection will come and go which tends to suggest it's something to do with my phone. All this started with the last update. I have a passport as well used via the WIFI only and am not experiencing this problem. The only thing I have not try and don't know how to is a Hard Reset. If anyone know how I can do this, please post the steps. Thanks.
    04-05-18 06:14 AM
    I am having similar issues. Will show connected , no Internet. Or will show connected and not load pages. I have changed the modem, replaced my router with different brand. Tried the forget, and set new wifi etc. All with the same result. Turning Wifi on and off sometimes works, other times do a complete restart. No rhyme or reason to. sometimes will work for hours then other times drop every few minutes. Frustrating to say the least when my iPad or notebook will be right next to the phone with absolutely no issues with them.
    04-14-18 07:18 PM
    I had this problem on my Z30. I had to clear the cache on my modem settings. (192.68.2.1 ?). with my modem there is a garbage can icon....problem solved.
    04-14-18 07:51 PM