I'm seeing so many people ask about the Motion here in the US and I'm also very anxious to get my hands on one. I've been on a Z30 since it came out and I'm ready to upgrade.

I am hoping people here will be able to help with a single thread that gives people information on where to get a Motion for use in the US, either now or in the near future.

What I've gathered so far and what I need more info on:

>If I want it soon, Canada seems like the best option but which carrier and which versions of the phone work with each carrier? (I would need one that works on T-Mobile, but info for other carriers would help too)

>Or, is it worth waiting for it to possibly be sold on Amazon/carriers in the US? (I say possibly because I saw that B1aize mentioned people should just buy it from Canada if they really want one, leading me to believe that it may not be available in the US at all?)

*EDIT*

Best options for now:

T-Mobile/AT&T users should get BBD100-2 (GSM) from Canadian carriers Bell, Telus, Koodo, or PDA Plaza.

Sprint version is BBD100-3 (CDMA) but it's not out yet, Verizon should be the same version.

Phone Specs: https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...pecifications/

Thanks to BB-JAM215 and jackcarr for the info.

Other Options:

Wait for more info about an Amazon release, buy direct from BB, or see if US carriers will pick up the BB Motion for sale to customers.

There's no ETA on any of these though...
    Last edited by HigherThanMars; 11-17-17 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Updated Options
    darawishingrad likes this.
    11-17-17 02:41 PM
    I'm going to wait and order direct from BB.
    11-17-17 02:44 PM
    I just ordered one from PDA Plaza. They only received in one unlocked North American unit, BBD100-2. I would bookmark their website and also inquire to them and tell them you would be interested in buying one if they could appropriate another NA handset.
    11-17-17 03:00 PM
    I just ordered one from PDA Plaza. They only received in one unlocked North American unit, BBD100-2. I would bookmark their website and also inquire to them and tell them you would be interested in buying one if they could appropriate another NA handset.
    Does that work with any carrier in the US or only certain ones?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 03:02 PM
    Does that work with any carrier in the US or only certain ones
    The BBD100-2 is the GSM version for Canada and the US. So, yes it will work with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile, but not CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint.

As of December 1st all phones in Canada sold by carriers must be unlocked. You can buy the Motion in Canada from Telus, Bell, and Koodo.
    11-17-17 03:19 PM
    The BBD100-2 is the GSM version for Canada and the US. So, yes it will work with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile, but not CDMA carriers like Verizon and Sprint.

As of December 1st all phones in Canada sold by carriers must be unlocked. You can buy the Motion in Canada from Telus, Bell, and Koodo.
    Thank you!

So if folks want a Motion that works on AT&T or T-Mobile in the US, they should get BBD100-2, what about people on Verizon or Sprint?
    11-17-17 04:50 PM
    Thank you!

So if folks want a Motion that works on AT&T or T-Mobile in the US, they should get BBD100-2, what about people on Verizon or Sprint?
    The yet to the yet to be available CDMA BBD100-3 version is for Sprint. No mention of Verizon, but it would have the same specs. Have a look at the Network specs on the BlackBerry Mobile site: https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...pecifications/
    11-17-17 04:57 PM
    TCL is bizarre not offering it unlocked on Amazon or something unless they are working on an exclusive for one of the carriers.
    11-17-17 05:49 PM
    TCL is bizarre not offering it unlocked on Amazon or something unless they are working on an exclusive for one of the carriers.
    Not bizarre at all if TCL is in negotiations with any of the carriers. There is a reason why the BBD100-3 is labeled as the Sprint version.
    11-17-17 06:25 PM

This ^

I'm on AT&T in Upstate New York.
    11-17-17 08:38 PM
    So how would I go about buying a phone from a Canadian carrier if I don't have/want a plan?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 08:52 PM
    So how would I go about buying a phone from a Canadian carrier if I don't have/want a plan?
    Being in Canada or having a friend who is would help. It looks like you might be able buy one from the Telus website at full price without specifying a plan, but you need to specify a region in Canada.

Buying from a walk in franchise store can be a issue because they may not have stock and franchise stores are really in the business of selling contracts, not phones.

Your best plan might be to wait until after Christmas, when hopefully the carrier exclusivity period may be over and they'll be available from Amazon.ca as I believe the KEYone was after a couple months.
    11-17-17 09:31 PM
    According to their website, PDA Plaza has the BBD 100-1 available...they responded to my email that "according to AT&T Bands, the BB Motion European version supports AT&T network" and confirmed that I could return it within (7) days. Any issues with either the company or the Motion you purchased from them?
    11-21-17 01:36 PM
    Thank you!

For now, SOL...
    11-21-17 01:44 PM
    Not bizarre at all if TCL is in negotiations with any of the carriers. There is a reason why the BBD100-3 is labeled as the Sprint version.
    I would think similar to KEYone rollout if USA rollout happens. Sprint then AT&T. I don't expect Verizon or T-Mobile since they didn't pick up KEYone.
    11-21-17 01:48 PM
    My BBD100-2 arrived today from PDA Plaza. Works perfectly on AT&T 's network.

Ask PDA Plaza when they'll be getting more NA models.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 11-21-17 at 06:19 PM.
    11-21-17 04:51 PM
    No VoLTE or WiFi calling tho correct? Does Hotspot work?
    11-21-17 06:17 PM
    I would think similar to KEYone rollout if USA rollout happens. Sprint then AT&T. I don't expect Verizon or T-Mobile since they didn't pick up KEYone.
    Did BlackBerry mobile announce their go to market strategy with the keyone or was it a similar situation with the motion for the U.S. release.
    Last edited by Rasheed White; 11-21-17 at 08:24 PM.
    11-21-17 06:38 PM
    No VoLTE or WiFi calling tho correct? Does Hotspot work?
    It has Hotspot as a selectable option.
    11-21-17 06:53 PM
    Well that is encouraging -- but it sounds like no VoLTE or WiFi. That's usual for AT&T -- you can only get those on devices they sell (EVEN IF that particular make/model is picked up -- it has to be their IMEI, and they whitelist the ones they sell!)
    11-21-17 09:10 PM
    Did BlackBerry mobile announce their go to market strategy with the keyone or was it a similar situation with the motion for the U.S. release.
    Nothing announced yet in USA that I've seen or heard.

Based on some comments on here that I've read, I made an educated possible guess. Someone else wrote there's a -1, -2 which have been released for international and NA. Someone else commented -3 for what appeared to be CDMA and Sprint bands.

Nothing confirmed, just educated speculation on my part.
    11-22-17 06:22 AM
    I tried calling a few places across the border in BC (I'm in Seattle) and none of the Telus stores had stock nor would they sell phones outright. I will check PDA Plaza.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 09:32 AM
    I tried calling a few places across the border in BC (I'm in Seattle) and none of the Telus stores had stock nor would they sell phones outright. I will check PDA Plaza.

Posted via CB10
    My closest international borders are Cuba and the Bahamas. No luck...

Wait, I forgot Miami-Dade.

Also for my peeps in the Florida Panhandle, although not a state, Puerto Rico is a sovereign USA territory and they're USA citizens.
    11-22-17 09:54 AM
    Guys, I'm going to FLL in the beginning of december (6-13), I could buy a couple and bring when I'm there for those in that area. Any interested?
    11-23-17 10:34 AM
    Guys, I'm going to FLL in the beginning of december (6-13), I could buy a couple and bring when I'm there for those in that area. Any interested?
    I'm assuming by FLL you mean Fort Lauderdale? For the less familiar,that would be South Florida, the Miami area......
    11-23-17 11:22 AM
62 123