Over the last 2 days I've experienced the battery not making it through the day, and after closer inspection in settings > battery, I see that Google Play Services is draining well above Android Systems and killing battery life.

Any ideas why? Tried to downgrade the app (think it auto updated Jan 3rd 2018) but no luck.

Read out there that it might be another app drawing from Play Services - any help in identifying the culprit?

4 hours since removing from charge and I'm on 58% looking at 5 hours left - normally I'd be at 95% plus still!

Thanks in advance
    02-05-18 01:09 AM
    It's not Google Services. It's one of your apps.

You can use an app like GSAM Battery Monitor (you will need to use ADB to give it permission to get detailed app statistics) to try to identify the offender, but it MAY not show up as wildly elevated in power -- only modestly so, which means you'll wind up having to go through a process of elimination to find the guilty party.

It is probably an app hammering location requests -- that's the most-common abusive pattern, but not the only one.
    02-05-18 11:16 AM
    I don't think it's Google services either. I've been using mine with mixed use for 2 days without charging, twice already. the battery life seems to be really good. agreed with other reply. like apps that use Google services which is showing as Google services drain.
    02-06-18 11:46 PM
    It usually isn't play services.

I have the exact same thing right now; after every google maps session in my car driving, google play services is the top drainer in GSAM with google maps barely even in the list.

Funny thing is I have to restart my entire device to stop it from draining even after I close maps.
    02-23-18 01:22 PM
    Over the last 2 days I've experienced the battery not making it through the day, and after closer inspection in settings > battery, I see that Google Play Services is draining well above Android Systems and killing battery life.

Any ideas why? Tried to downgrade the app (think it auto updated Jan 3rd 2018) but no luck.

Read out there that it might be another app drawing from Play Services - any help in identifying the culprit?

4 hours since removing from charge and I'm on 58% looking at 5 hours left - normally I'd be at 95% plus still!

Thanks in advance
    I am not sure as yet but this can be a similar situation to what happened with DTEK 60 batteries in a year of use. There is a definite depletion in Battery life over the last 4 months since I have owned a Motion. Started with a full day + few hours and now has come down to 13 hours max. I sincerely hope though that this doesn't turn out to be another dud of a device from TCL.
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Services - Battery Drain-75442.jpg  
    02-25-18 06:38 AM
    I have the same issue with my new Samsung Galaxy. Battery drains rather fast, and I only have a couple apps on it. To me, anyway its the actual Android OS that simply drains the battery. Something happens in the background. My main driver, the Z30 BB10 no issues with battery drain.

Was kind of hoping BBRY branded Androids won't run into the battery drain issue Hmm.
    03-01-18 05:19 AM