I'm not sure how the "track pad" would work on Android. I'm not saying it can't, I just don't know enough about coding, and the techy nuts and bolts to know if it could work. It's could be possible to have scrolling options with it kind of like the keyboards on the PRIV and KeyOne. That would be pretty cool.
    Yes, more likely for scrolling, if anything, since the space must also be used for the Android navigation key as on the K1.
    10-06-17 09:48 AM
    The spaces either side of the home button are, I guess, for the triangle (on the left) and the square (on the right) ?
    Yes, I meant the height of the chin, the width is not the issue as that can't be helped
    10-06-17 09:49 AM
    BlackBerry should position Motion as a premium mid-range phone rather than an inferior one.
    There are advantages to being less than top of the specs race, as noted elsewhere in this thread.
    10-06-17 09:58 AM
    A 'motion', in the UK at least, is a bowel movement.
    PRIV and now the MOTION. The Brits are causing all types of naming issues..... No BB for the Brits if this continues..... LOL
    10-06-17 10:08 AM
    It's not meant to. It's built for businesses to buy them in bulk.
    All the businesses I'm in contact with are currently buying iPhones in Bulk.
    10-06-17 10:14 AM
    BlackBerry should position Motion as a premium mid-range phone rather than an inferior one.
    Would these strategy be similar to dwarves arguing, whose tallest midget?
    10-06-17 10:14 AM
    All the businesses I'm in contact with are currently buying iPhones in Bulk.
    Are they iPhone X order and iPhone 8 Plus, or are they like my mom's School Board and are all iPhone 6s's and iPhone 5s's at discount prices?
    10-06-17 10:18 AM
    You know what my only beef is with this device? Every time I google "BlackBerry Motion" it pulls up too many old articles about RIM! At least with the Priv and KEYone, you can pretty much guarantee that 99% of the search results are going to be related to the phone! Let's go back to having obscure devices names!
    10-06-17 10:33 AM
    Yes, more likely for scrolling, if anything, since the space must also be used for the Android navigation key as on the K1.
    For text editing.

How is this so repeatedly overlooked??? I can't scroll any better with a trackpad than the screen. It's cool to show off how a capacitive pkb has added functionality, sure...

The best use case for a track pad is editing text, in my opinion. How many times have you been frustrated trying to highlight one or a few words using only a touchscreen? Pkb or vkb, a trackpad makes for a much more precise text editing tool and I would love to see that come into play!

At the very least, I would love to see a similar functionality of the Passport, Priv, and now KEYone keyboards emulated into BlackBerry's VKB software. Somehow a double tap (or added virtual button) to bring up a text cursor that can be moved around for text editing would be pretty brilliant.

...are they listening? Probably not. But I'm still hoping that they clue in that this would be pretty skookum!
    10-06-17 10:45 AM
    If it's anything like the DTEK60, I'm not buying it. My DTEK60 is in the shop for repair after only ten months; battery has failed. glad it's under warranty. Glad to have my PRIV as backup too!
    10-06-17 10:57 AM
    All that wasted space just for a small button ?
    It provides a little more space for that 4000 mAh BATTERY!
    10-06-17 11:35 AM
    Always the discussion about specs. Hardware (specs.) can't compensatie bad written software. This is a given fact since the first computer entered. The market. 80% of the market exists of nono's who don't know where they are talking about. 80% of the Phone owners has never played a heavy duty game on their telephone, 80% does not care about specs and 80% only buys a Phone because of the logo on that phone!

So can we now start a normal and intelligent discussion?
    Last edited by kaalpani; 10-06-17 at 11:44 AM. Reason: typing error
    10-06-17 11:43 AM
    I have a Nokia 8 and the Buttons are all below and the home button also has the Fingerprint sensor. This means that the screen estate is not occupied by any buttons.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-06-17 12:38 PM

If that's how BlackBerry or TCL wants to design/position/market their phones, that's their business.
    So you would have a new company, BlackBerry Mobile, develop a range of devices to go toe to toe with the likes of Samsung?

They had enough issues getting the first device out the door.

Play to your strength, and try to make a niche for yourself. I think they have two unique products - but they won't be for everyone.
    10-06-17 09:39 PM
    I'm moving on. Not here to debate if BlackBerry is doing right or wrong, bla, bla, bla

Thank you and you're welcome.

Ps. I have deleted all my posts because I don't want to waste my time in an endless or meaningless debate.
    Grasshopper! You've attained ataraxia!
    10-07-17 09:58 AM
    motion sounds 1000 times better than KEYone.
    10-07-17 10:41 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD