10-05-17 02:31 PM
    interesting render
    10-05-17 02:34 PM
    A BlackBerry logo on the front side. 😎
    10-05-17 02:46 PM
    How is this device any better than the Dtek60? The processor is worse, and there is no info about the cameras. This can't compete with new devices in the Pixel, Galaxy, Note, and iPhone suites of devices...
    10-05-17 03:08 PM
    I'm pretty excited. The front looks great. Quite like having the Blackberry logo in the home button. Definitely makes it feel more 'Blackberry' to me. 😃

Additionally, the name is definitely something I can get behind. Motion is quite a nice name.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-05-17 03:11 PM
    How is this device any better than the Dtek60? The processor is worse, and there is no info about the cameras. This can't compete with new devices in the Pixel, Galaxy, Note, and iPhone suites of devices...
    It's not meant to. It's built for businesses to buy them in bulk.
    Gajja likes this.
    10-05-17 03:12 PM
    The side rails also look really sturdy and make it look quite premium. Plus, it's so great to see a headphone jack! Yey! The convince key always add that little cherry on top when it comes to customization. 😃
    10-05-17 03:14 PM
    All that wasted space just for a small button ?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    I'm pretty excited. The front looks great. Quite like having the Blackberry logo in the home button. Definitely makes it feel more 'Blackberry' to me. 😃

Additionally, the name is definitely something I can get behind. Motion is quite a nice name.
    A 'motion', in the UK at least, is a bowel movement.
    Wezard likes this.
    I don't believe TCL will ever put out a device to compete against the other super-spec devices. By the time you add the low volume premium and the BlackBerry features, you'd be priced into the stratosphere.

Anyway, plenty of devices out there for the common spec chasers.

TCL's niche for the brand is a solid, secure, long lasting enterprise device - a touch equivalent of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    seletok and Gajja like this.
    10-05-17 03:16 PM
    actually looks really nice in the render. Should be an good upgrade option from the dtek series. Hell even got the name right on this one i think
    10-05-17 03:54 PM
    Love the design as it borrows from the KEYone! What's the extra button on the right side for? Super pumped to get this phone! Already added to my Xmas list!
    10-05-17 04:11 PM
    Oh and headphone jack (yay!) On the bottom. That should please some and p!ss off others!
    10-05-17 04:12 PM
    I like the look of the device, though there seems to be a lot of unused space around the home button, will be interesting to see the thing in real life. If I had one point of criticism at this moment in time it's that TCL's branding / naming strategy doesn't make any sense to me. DTEK50/60, then KeyOne and now Motion.. IMHO the noble gas naming would be so much more awesome but that's really a nitpick
    10-05-17 04:19 PM
    better not be real...(don't like it...just personal taste). the top will have problem when drop on corner..(just a gut feeling).. the logo is odd - take too much place (height).. should just use well known smaller logo with "BlackBerry"...
    10-05-17 04:26 PM
    Are the rumored specs still the same? TCL needs to get in the game and upgrade the SOC to the 630 so you get current gen QuickCharge and BlueTooth in midrange

10-05-17 04:31 PM
    Are the rumored specs still the same? TCL needs to get in the game and upgrade the SOC to the 630 so you get current gen QuickCharge and BlueTooth in midrange
    Maybe the next one. But the Motion is supposed to be the touch twin to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    10-05-17 05:02 PM
    I guess this means no swipe up/left/right gestures then? Are there capacitive keys flanking the home button? There has to be given the unapologetically huge bezels! Which incidentally, I quite like.
    10-05-17 05:04 PM
    I bet it will feel like the Leap. The kind of phone that feels like it will not need a case.

Conite , keep dreaming about BlackBerry making a comeback in Enterprise. Maybe in Toronto.
    10-05-17 05:32 PM
    How is the possibility of the newest 630 processor (or 626) worse? Granted, it's not a media gaming device, but I'm sure it will be faster. However, you can't compare BB10 and Droid, two completely different methods to handling all sorts of performance, battery and access traits.
    10-05-17 05:44 PM
    Conite , keep dreaming about BlackBerry making a comeback in Enterprise. Maybe in Toronto.
    It's not my dream - it's TCL's intended market.
    10-05-17 09:00 PM
    My dream is to have a waterproof BB with a headphone jack. Thank you, TCL!
    10-05-17 09:16 PM
    It's not my dream - it's TCL's intended market.
    Maybe TCL had certain hopes and aspirations when they got into the licensing deal but now it is just spin. The Enterprise market goes cheap in UK and in some other markets or expensive as in the NA market.

Blackberry had a whole sales apparatus dedicated to Enterprise back in the day but that is all gone.

It is fine to say that TCL does not have the resources, intellectual and financial, to compete at the high end of the market but to suggest that the Mobile is aimed at the Enterprise market is wishful thinking.

You keep on repeating the company line , why I am not sure.
    10-05-17 09:32 PM
    Maybe TCL had certain hopes and aspirations when they got into the licensing deal but now it is just spin. The Enterprise market goes cheap in UK and in some other markets or expensive as in the NA market.

Blackberry had a whole sales apparatus dedicated to Enterprise back in the day but that is all gone.

It is fine to say that TCL does not have the resources, intellectual and financial, to compete at the high end of the market but to suggest that the Mobile is aimed at the Enterprise market is wishful thinking.

You keep on repeating the company line , why I am not sure.
    The whole raison-d'être of BlackBerry Android (particularly the slab) is the hardware root of trust / hardened kernel / locked bootloader. If not for enterprise, then who?
    10-05-17 09:35 PM
    That bottom bezel is unexpected given current design trends.
    10-05-17 10:24 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD