A few years ago, I had a BB Z10. Few things I loved, few things I hated. When the phone died (only 2 years old, general failure), I switched to an Iphone 6 Plus because of business. That phone recently had an unlucky yet purposely encounter with the wall. So I need a new one quickly.

On my Z10, I loved the virtual keyboard with its autosuggestion/swipe thing. Not sure of the name of that function, but it seemed to have some kind of active noise-cancelling feature on the mic. No one could tell I was in my car when I was calling with it in my car. (I spend a lot of time on the phone in the car, so important feature if it that feature wasn't my imagination).

Things I hated about the Z10: when I wanted to close it, often, only the screen was shut, it was still active. How many pocket dials I did with that damn phone... (Even had a nice bill from Europe to Canada once...) Then there was an update where the phone got completely messed up the phone. (it died not long after that). And I read that Oreo is the same kind of crappy update.

Passing to Iphone, I liked the better battery, possibility of sms on wifi. Hated auto-corrected (serious piece of ****) and freaking itunes from Hell that is getting worst with each update. And poor reception of signal.

I use my phone for business. Phone calls (often in car), text, emails. Camera is only backup to my SLR camera. I'm not an app-geek. Basic stuff. Not a gamer, maybe crosswords or stuff like that.

Can you convince me that I should go back to Blackberry and get a Motion instead of getting other Android phone. (not getting another apple product, even if you paid me)
    10-15-18 09:41 PM
    Look at any android device. You can put the BlackBerry Keyboard (along with other BB apps) on it.
    10-15-18 10:30 PM
    Blackberry is da bomb!
    10-22-18 08:39 PM
    A few years ago, I had a BB Z10. Few things I loved, few things I hated. When the phone died (only 2 years old, general failure), I switched to an Iphone 6 Plus because of business. That phone recently had an unlucky yet purposely encounter with the wall. So I need a new one quickly.

On my Z10, I loved the virtual keyboard with its autosuggestion/swipe thing. Not sure of the name of that function, but it seemed to have some kind of active noise-cancelling feature on the mic. No one could tell I was in my car when I was calling with it in my car. (I spend a lot of time on the phone in the car, so important feature if it that feature wasn't my imagination).

Things I hated about the Z10: when I wanted to close it, often, only the screen was shut, it was still active. How many pocket dials I did with that damn phone... (Even had a nice bill from Europe to Canada once...) Then there was an update where the phone got completely messed up the phone. (it died not long after that). And I read that Oreo is the same kind of crappy update.

Passing to Iphone, I liked the better battery, possibility of sms on wifi. Hated auto-corrected (serious piece of ****) and freaking itunes from Hell that is getting worst with each update. And poor reception of signal.

I use my phone for business. Phone calls (often in car), text, emails. Camera is only backup to my SLR camera. I'm not an app-geek. Basic stuff. Not a gamer, maybe crosswords or stuff like that.

Can you convince me that I should go back to Blackberry and get a Motion instead of getting other Android phone. (not getting another apple product, even if you paid me)
    If you want a BlackBerry slab phone just for the keyboard, don't.
    There is a hack to install it on any other Android phone.
    Get something like the 1+6T and install all the BlackBerry apps.
    10-22-18 09:16 PM
    Just an observation, but the Z10 is a BB10 phone. The Motion is Android. if there were things you liked on the Z10, doesn't mean you'll like the Motion because it's a BlackBerry.

That having been said, The Motion is one of the best BlackBerry phones I've owned. Motion and Passport...great phones.
    10-22-18 09:58 PM

Well, I also once try BlackBerry Z10, performance was good, no hang. But many negative or cons from BlackBerry Z10:
    1. After update to software 10.3, phone call become lag too much. When someone call your Z10 and you choose answer from your Z10 screen, it delayed around 4 second before you can hear his/her voice who calling you.
    2. Battery drains too fast
    3. Very lack of apps. Abandoned OS. Nobody want to buy Z10 anymore in my region. Consumers choose Xiaomi, Samsung or Oppo or even iPhone.

If you don't care about security and prefer specs and better price, go to Xiaomi. With the price like Motion, people can choose Pocophone F1, for example.
    Last edited by Nikidroid; 10-23-18 at 05:21 AM.
    10-23-18 05:09 AM
    ...Can you convince me that I should go back to Blackberry and get a Motion instead of getting other Android phone. (not getting another apple product, even if you paid me)
    If you're getting an Android and you liked the Z10 VKB keyboard (and hub) then you may as well get a BlackBerry Android in my opinion (Motion in your case for the one you are considering).

You could consider the keyboard BlackBerry Android phones if you wanted (KeyOne, Two, Lite) but I get the sense that a PKB is out of the question for you.

You could just buy another Android phone and then separately buy the BlackBerry hub and suite from Play Store but I don't think the keyboard is available from Play Store. You could use the Cobalt approach to get all/any of the BlackBerry suite onto any Android device if you wanted (as someone else just suggested). However, from my limited experience that might not work perfectly for all Android devices in all cases and therefore you might end up having to tinker with it forever.

So, if there is no otherwise difference to you between purchasing a BlackBerry Android or some other Android, you may as well purchase the BlackBerry one from the start (Motion) in my opinion, and get all the BlackBerry suite already included.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-23-18 05:52 AM
    I went from Z10 > Z30 > Motion. Yeah, it's got a bunch of Blackberry software on board, but the main reason is, ta-dah! The Battery. Also helps if you're with a carrier that allows you to use advanced options, like wifi-calling etc. In NA, that means T-Mo.
    10-23-18 07:43 AM
    Skip the Motion unless you need the IP rating and extra battery

Go for the KEY2 if it's in your budget

If not, get a KEY2 LE

If still not, get a KEYone (preferably Black Edition)
    10-23-18 07:57 AM
    Skip the Motion unless you need the IP rating and extra battery

Go for the KEY2 if it's in your budget

If not, get a KEY2 LE

If still not, get a KEYone (preferably Black Edition)
    Only if he wants a PKB.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-23-18 07:29 PM
    Only if he wants a PKB.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Right, I guess I just tend to assume that someone who comes into this forum is at least remotely interested in a PKB
    AmritD likes this.
    10-24-18 06:07 AM
    Right, I guess I just tend to assume that someone who comes into this forum is at least remotely interested in a PKB
    Here... not remotely.
    10-24-18 07:48 AM
    Nope, Motion is VKB, so doubt I or most that are here are looking for PKB.
    Had the KEYone, great phone, like the Motion a lot more.

10-24-18 08:26 AM