Is anyone using a glass screen protector on their motion? If so thoughts, maker, etc.

Thanks in advance
    02-16-18 03:00 PM
    Is anyone using a glass screen protector on their motion? If so thoughts, maker, etc.

Thanks in advance
    Tried the Avidet glass protector when got my Motion in Nov 2017, as the pic below shows it did not adhere at its outer edges due the the Motion's display having a slight taper. So IMO cannot see ANY glass protector working.

Glass screen protector-avidet_protector.jpg
    02-16-18 05:12 PM
    I bought the Pulen brand on Amazon same thing, ended up throwing it away.
    02-16-18 08:35 PM
    Don't bother with glass for curved screens, they usually look terrible.

Get yourself a nice wet application screen protector, I personally like Skinomi. That's the way to go.
    02-16-18 08:48 PM
    I have tried 2 from Amazon. The first was OK but did not look very good, then I tried Super Shields Black. It fits well , adheres well and looks great. Follow install instructions posted on you tube and all will well. For me this is a very good product.
    02-17-18 03:57 AM
    I have tried 2 from Amazon. The first was OK but did not look very good, then I tried Super Shields Black. It fits well , adheres well and looks great. Follow install instructions posted on you tube and all will well. For me this is a very good product.
    So you've actually installed one on a Motion with success (no lifting at edges)? Can you take a photo and post?

The Supershieldz's black frame could mask the edges to a degree so one might not notice if it's fully adhered. Any non-adhesion to the degree I saw on my Motion will be trouble down the road guaranteed.
    Last edited by Elky64; 02-17-18 at 10:09 AM.
    02-17-18 09:41 AM
    There appears to be no lifting of edges. I am not a heavy user but all seem to be adhering with no bubbles or the edges not being tight.

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-18 10:39 AM
    Here is picture.

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-18 10:41 AM
    Having problem with picture.

Posted via CB10
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-18 10:45 AM
    Having problem with picture.

Posted via CB10
    Well thanks for trying. Might have to opt in for one as they are fairly inexpensive. Going to give a matter screen protector a go first once they arrive as prefer them in regards to keeping fingerprints to a minimum, and like the look it provides as well. If turns out fitting decent (size wise) might stick with that instead so we'll see. Other than the glass one we tried initially been using a clear tpu one since day one, OK but had better.
    02-17-18 12:43 PM
    I don't see the supershieldz on amazon, but it is on their website. Might have to give it a try. Hopefully it won't be hard to remove if I don't care for it.
    02-21-18 01:27 PM
    i put a skinobi screen protector on my Motion and then added a glass screen protector on top. ever glass screen protector always seemed to be short of protection on The edges. ive had no issues with my phone s screen protector
    02-21-18 01:58 PM
    I don't see the supershieldz on amazon, but it is on their website. Might have to give it a try. Hopefully it won't be hard to remove if I don't care for it.
    Is it this? I may try it out. The other one that I bought looks just the the photo at the beginning of the thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Supershieldz-...UvbUpU13141881

EDIT----Ok, so I ordered these off Amazon and just got them about an hour ago. I put it on and it fits way better than the other glass covers. Pretty easy to install. I'll post some pics when i get back home later
    Last edited by marcho11; 02-24-18 at 09:08 PM.
    02-22-18 09:03 AM
    i put a skinobi screen protector on my Motion and then added a glass screen protector on top. ever glass screen protector always seemed to be short of protection on The edges. ive had no issues with my phone s screen protector
    Really, and no sensitivity issues w/screen, capacitive keys?

Just had a weird experience after installing an iLLumiShield Matte Screen Protector yesterday, use/used them before with decent results but they are of a ridged film type material which differs from the PET Film ones.

So install went very well but then I began to notice my "back" capacitive key was very unresponsive, more so w/any case on!!!??? Remove case(s) and it perked up a bit yet still basically non-functional. Thinking my Motion had encountered a hardware problem I did the usual power on/off, soft resets, then even went so far as to perform a hard reset. Needless to say none of those resolved my issue.

Finally we broke down and tore off the protector and wouldn't you know it, all was back to normal... Have tried several protectors (glass/ridged film types) on my Motion w/o ever encountering such an anomaly before. Nor has the same happen with any of my other phones/devices. A quick visual of this protector revealed no abnormalities which leaves me miffed.

Since I prefer the film that is more flexible I decided it was time to invest in the Skinomi (one of each, Ultra Clear & Anti-Glare). They also use the wet method of install which I like. Hopefully these live up to my expectations because so far all those I have bought/tried fell short to a certain degree, some worked better than others but finding the edges are not adhering quite like they should and blame that on the type of material used. Other than the glass one tried none have unexpectedly lifted but their appearance is off, because of the poor edge adhesion.
    02-25-18 03:56 PM
    I went with the Skinomi after doing some looking around. I couldn't find a glass screen protector on Amazon that looked good enough for me to take a chance on.
    02-25-18 04:50 PM
    I went with the Skinomi after doing some looking around. I couldn't find a glass screen protector on Amazon that looked good enough for me to take a chance on.
    Due to the screen being tapered at it's edges doubt very much ANY glass screen protector would work as it should with the Motion, and truly think those w/black borders will just mask the fact of not adhering at its edges... Now having tried several film types w/o the greatest of success, that I am used to, it only makes sense to me glass will only be worse. Real curious now though to see how the Skinomi is going to fair.
    02-25-18 07:16 PM
    Is it this? I may try it out. The other one that I bought looks just the the photo at the beginning of the thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Supershieldz-...UvbUpU13149219

EDIT----Ok, so I ordered these off Amazon and just got them about an hour ago. I put it on and it fits way better than the other glass covers. Pretty easy to install. I'll post some pics when i get back home later
    I contacted supershieldz & they suggested this ebay location

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=I6qfT36E
    03-06-18 10:53 AM
    Went with the Skinomi Matteskin. Very easy to apply (wet install) and fit great (full body). Working well with my Incipio DualPro case.
    Attached Thumbnails Glass screen protector-20180309_131251.jpg   Glass screen protector-20180309_130907.jpg  
    03-09-18 02:17 PM