As our company is attempting to move away from Blackberry 10, we're trying to figure out the best way to go and what features we may be giving up on other platforms.

I recently heard that the Motion can't act as a Mass Storage device when connecting to a computer. This is highly problematic for us. Also, can anyone clarify if notification profiles are still available and are just as robust?

We would love to hear about any other features that you feel are missing! Thanks!
    07-20-18 06:27 AM
    Mass Storage shouldn't be an issue.
    Notification Profiles aren't there... there are 3rd Party apps out there that do come close.

But if your company is looking for future solutions... not sure the Motion is being produced anymore. Looking like whatever stock there is, is all there is. At least here in the US - Best Buy, BH Photo and Amazon it's out of stock and has been for a while. Amazon has a few 3rd Party sellers with minimum stock. If you are in Canada, there is still stock through the channels that there were... but how long?

Hate for you to make a recommendation and then find out it's not even an option.
    07-20-18 08:09 AM
    hmm. every feature
    07-21-18 10:03 AM
    As our company is attempting to move away from Blackberry 10, we're trying to figure out the best way to go and what features we may be giving up on other platforms.

I recently heard that the Motion can't act as a Mass Storage device when connecting to a computer. This is highly problematic for us. Also, can anyone clarify if notification profiles are still available and are just as robust?

We would love to hear about any other features that you feel are missing! Thanks!
    If this device had all the swiping motions of bb10 it would be perfect but that's like any of the android blackberries. Unfortunately bb10 is dead
    07-21-18 10:13 AM
    I miss the LINK program. So useful being able to connect to the computer, without plugging in the usb.
    07-21-18 10:46 AM
    No hdmi output.

Using chrome cast as an alternative.
    07-21-18 11:23 AM
    Honestly, it's been so long now since I used my Passport that I couldn't even tell you what I miss. The only thing that immediately comes to mind is the ability to load an update as soon as it becomes available. I used to download the files from CrackBerry and load the update.
    07-21-18 12:48 PM
    my Z30 always had a stronger signal than the motion so the antenna needs to be dealt with as well as the speaker system
    07-22-18 05:28 PM
    BB10 features that I miss?
    As noted, notification profiles.
    Full Hub integration. not the app set up here.
    Swiping in general.
    Better more detailed settings options.
    BB10 stock apps. Specifically the robust file organizer.
    BBM without ads.

Z30 features that I miss?
    OLED screen.
    Better speakers.
    Micro HDMI out.
    Better grippy texture.
    Headphone Jack at top.
    07-24-18 11:58 AM
    Swiping in general.
    BBM without ads.

OLED screen.
    Better speakers.
    Micro HDMI out.
    Better grippy texture.
    Headphone Jack at top.
    I totally agree with all that. I would also add to your list the power button on top. It's such a simple thing that most people don't think about but I really wish was still there on the new BlackBerry devices.
    I also want the real Bedside Mode back just like on BB10. Such a fantastic & appreciated feature.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable, factory unlocked  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-24-18 05:44 PM
    Bedside mode

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    07-24-18 07:33 PM
    Gestures.
    07-25-18 07:43 AM
    I booted up my old Z10 and Passport yesterday for ****s and giggles. What I miss from BlackBerry 10? hmm quite a lot I'm afraid. But if I'd had to pick one thing, it's the sheer fluidity of the OS. The gestures and the way they are seamlessly integrated into the OS. The likes of which iOS or Android could never replicate. BlackBerry 10 was truly ahead of its time, and hands down the best mobile OS.

I think the Motion would be a great addition to your company. I would contact BlackBerry for the best solution.
    07-25-18 05:45 PM
    Bedside mode
    07-25-18 07:56 PM
    I booted up my old Z10 and Passport yesterday for ****s and giggles. What I miss from BlackBerry 10? hmm quite a lot I'm afraid. But if I'd had to pick one thing, it's the sheer fluidity of the OS. The gestures and the way they are seamlessly integrated into the OS. The likes of which iOS or Android could never replicate. BlackBerry 10 was truly ahead of its time, and hands down the best mobile OS.

I think the Motion would be a great addition to your company. I would contact BlackBerry for the best solution.
    +1

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable, factory unlocked  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-26-18 06:11 AM
    Swiping in general.
    BBM without ads.

OLED screen.
    Better speakers.
    Micro HDMI out.
    Better grippy texture.
    Headphone Jack at top.
    This is a great list. One thing that is readily apparent with the Motion is the poor quality speaker. Just not up to the task if you ask me.
    07-26-18 10:25 AM
    This is a great list. One thing that is readily apparent with the Motion is the poor quality speaker. Just not up to the task if you ask me.
    It's surprising that BlackBerry Mobile hasn't offered up the stereo speakers set up that the Z30 has. The sound quality that was provided with that set up still amazes me to this day. A Bluetooth speaker is almost not required. Even the mono speaker on the Q10 was really nice. And I understand that the Passports have great sound also. Smartphones continue to get better but sadly it's like the speaker(s) are an after thought. I feel like BlackBerry Mobile needs to improve the speakers on their devices just like BlackBerry did with the said BB10 devices.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    07-27-18 10:25 AM
    Gestures.
    Agreed. Miss the smoothness of BB10 when checking the hub using swipes.
    ntrev_cb likes this.
    07-27-18 07:30 PM
    Custom notifications, gestures and BlackBerry Travel
    07-28-18 09:16 AM
    Honestly, it's been so long now since I used my Passport that I couldn't even tell you what I miss. The only thing that immediately comes to mind is the ability to load an update as soon as it becomes available. I used to download the files from CrackBerry and load the update.
    I was going to say the same. I made the switch to Android well over a year ago. I think the main feature I miss is replying to apps straight from the Hub. Otherwise, I there's no other feature that really stands out. You get used to it eventually.
    07-30-18 09:26 PM
    I took a survey after getting my motion, it was sent to me by BBMobile, sure others received the same and I mentioned that if they'd come out with the Motion 2 which was similar in UI and sound to the Z30 running full android it would be phenomenal. What a great phone it would be.
    07-31-18 04:00 AM
    And here Apple stole that, and then called it the future of phones... it annoys me to no end.

Android + BB10 UI design would be phenomenal.
    07-31-18 04:03 AM
    It's been a long time since I used BB10 (over 3 years), but the only thing I miss is the notification profiles one could set up. Though, if memory serves, BBOS had the best profiles, so I've made do with "lesser" notification customization for a very long time.

Bedside clock was nice, too. I like the Do Not Disturb feature on Android quite a bit, as a replacement.
    07-31-18 10:26 AM
    Blackberry Travel!
    08-09-18 11:37 AM
    Blackberry Travel!
    Honestly, never used it... what did I miss?
    08-09-18 02:09 PM
42 12