If Blackberry's Motion came out as an expensive flagship model to compete with the likes of the latest flagship Apple & Samsung would you buy it, YES or No (est $1000)

I vote YES 100% -

P.S. I think they would have a lot better chance competing as a fullscreen phone, just to be on the dame playing field.....
    10-08-17 04:51 AM
    No pkb, then it is a NO.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    10-08-17 05:35 AM
    No pkb, then it is a NO.
    Or PKB attachment
    10-08-17 07:06 AM
    No pkb, then it is a NO.
    ^^^ This.
    I'd never buy an slab at that price tag.
    10-08-17 07:35 AM
    You'd have to add 25% to the TCL device to reflect lower economies of scale.

So the actual question should be, would you pay $1250 for a Motion Plus when you could get a Pixel 2 or iPhone for $1000?

This is why there is no future in trying to enter that market and start chasing specs.
    10-08-17 07:40 AM
    Nope!
    10-08-17 07:52 AM
    NO 100%, but I do plan to buy three Motions for family members.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    10-08-17 10:54 AM
    No.

I won't pay $1,000 for a phone no matter who makes it or what its specs are, and I consider the ownership of such a device to be a marker of both idiocy and extreme narcissism. Hope you don't want a job from me if you have one of those in your hand or pocket.....
    TCM01 and Praganad like this.
    10-08-17 10:56 AM
    I won't pay $1,000 for a phone no matter who makes it or what its specs are

^^^^^me as well.
    10-08-17 11:01 AM
    No.

I won't pay $1,000 for a phone no matter who makes it or what its specs are, and I consider the ownership of such a device to be a marker of both idiocy and extreme narcissism. Hope you don't want a job from me if you have one of those in your hand or pocket.....
    If you're into it, so what? Some people enjoy fancy cars, nice dishes, expensive wine, etc.
    10-08-17 11:10 AM
    NO 100%, but I do plan to buy three Motions for family members.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    If you want to support PKB's, buying KEYone would be the better choice
    10-08-17 12:43 PM
    If you're into it, so what? Some people enjoy fancy cars, nice dishes, expensive wine, etc.
    If I'm evaluating whether you make wise life decisions or frivolous ones then I'm entitled to look at whatever I choose. You're free to do what you want, but I'm free to draw conclusions as to whether you'll make similar decisions if I place you in a position of trust with someone else's money (like mine, for instance.)
    10-08-17 12:46 PM
    If I'm evaluating whether you make wise life decisions or frivolous ones then I'm entitled to look at whatever I choose. You're free to do what you want, but I'm free to draw conclusions as to whether you'll make similar decisions if I place you in a position of trust with someone else's money (like mine, for instance.)
    Reaching much?
    10-08-17 01:45 PM
    Ok. But just for the sake of having a discussion:

If I use a phone a few hours a day for a couple of years, and I enjoy technology and have the money, what's wrong with spending a bit more if it makes me happy?

Would you judge me similarly if I typically enjoy wines in the $30 price range instead of $15?
    10-08-17 01:46 PM
    Ok. But just for the sake of having a discussion:

If I use a phone a few hours a day for a couple of years, and I enjoy technology and have the money, what's wrong with spending a bit more if it makes me happy?

Would you judge me similarly if I typically enjoy wines in the $30 price range instead of $15?
    Context matters.

If you're interviewing with me I'm very interested in whether you are going to be seeking productivity if your job involves technology - which is defined as doing more with less.

Madison Avenue of course likes to play Hell with that and so do Apple and Google.

Is it fair for me to deduce how you see that goal of technology and how that will apply to your way of looking at same while you are on the job?

It sure as hell is.
    10-08-17 02:50 PM

Is it fair for me to deduce how you see that goal of technology and how that will apply to your way of looking at same while you are on the job?

It sure as hell is.
    I think there are other indicators of that, apart from the device I choose to buy and use with my own money.
    10-08-17 02:55 PM
    You'd have to add 25% to the TCL device to reflect lower economies of scale.

So the actual question should be, would you pay $1250 for a Motion Plus when you could get a Pixel 2 or iPhone for $1000?

This is why there is no future in trying to enter that market and start chasing specs.
    Where are these numbers coming from?
    10-08-17 03:15 PM
    I think there are other indicators of that, apart from the device I choose to buy and use with my own money.
    My experience running a company is that people tend to bring their personal philosophy to work with them whether they claim to or not.

It wouldn't be the entire decision of course but I certainly would consider it as part of my evaluation of you as a candidate.
    10-08-17 03:18 PM
    Where are these numbers coming from?
    The 25%? Rough, but educated guess.
    10-08-17 04:38 PM
    If you want to support PKB's, buying KEYone would be the better choice
    I would LOVE to buy them KEYones, but they are virtual keyboard users. No chance of converting them.
    They don't get how accurate and satisfying a PKB is. At least this way I can support the brand. And hopefully in turn they can bring some new users to the brand. If the brand is successful for TLC, the better the odds of future PKB devices.

10-08-17 08:42 PM
    Those people need to wake up. 1000 for a phone that's pathetic

Posted via CB10
    Does it not depend on one's interests?

If someone gets more pleasure out of a piece of tech than someone else does from $1000 of ski equipment, who decides what's "pathetic" ?
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-08-17 08:57 PM
    Hey skiing you are at least doing something healthy and productive...but 1000 dollars on a phone that has no benefit at all. We have all turned into a bunch of zombies staring at our screen rather than looking people in the eyes and having proper conversations. If you love a phone so much to drop a grand on it you need to revisit your priorities

Posted via CB10
    I guess that makes you the Decider.
    10-08-17 09:26 PM
    The 25%? Rough, but educated guess.

Not sure that isn't a little low in fact...

Lenovo P2 with 4GB RAM and 64GB of Storage and 5000mAh is now $240.
    Moto G5+ with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage was $299 at launch (no only $269)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is now $220.

Granted some are older devices... but it's not like the SD625 can benefit from any other newer components or technologies....

Think your looking at a 50% premium for the Brand and the things it brings (Security).

It's pretty clear that many overlooked the KEYone's price to specs ratio due to the PKB - as there aren't any real options. The Motion is going to be solely a hardcore fan choice and in the end will depend on their actually being an Enterprise market for it.

Those wanting a better set of specs, there is another BlackBerry Mobile phone "rumored" to be coming. It is suppose to be a "better" phone, what it will be and where it will be price....
    yessuz likes this.
    10-09-17 11:03 AM
    Not sure that isn't a little low in fact...

Lenovo P2 with 4GB RAM and 64GB of Storage and 5000mAh is now $240.
    Moto G5+ with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage was $299 at launch (no only $269)
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is now $220.

Granted some are older devices... but it's not like the SD625 can benefit from any other newer components or technologies....

Think your looking at a 50% premium for the Brand and the things it brings (Security).

It's pretty clear that many overlooked the KEYone's price to specs ratio due to the PKB - as there aren't any real options. The Motion is going to be solely a hardcore fan choice and in the end will depend on their actually being an Enterprise market for it.

Those wanting a better set of specs, there is another BlackBerry Mobile phone "rumored" to be coming. It is suppose to be a "better" phone, what it will be and where it will be price....
    I'm simply referring to the economies of scale premium compared to mass-market devices. There would also be a second premium for the hardening and the sturdier build.
    10-09-17 11:28 AM
    Yes! Looking to upgrade from a Priv and I use the onscreen keyboard more than the physical one, though I'd expected otherwise when I got the Priv.
    10-09-17 11:31 AM
49 12