Never!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 11:49 AM
    I would not spend $1000 for a cell phone, but I might be talked into spending more than I did on the KEYone for a PKB phone--a KEYtwo would be fine--with some added goodies. For example, when I pick up my Passport and just LOOK at the Hub--the beautiful font, the precision of the swipe--and the volume and clarity of the speaker--just the all-around quality, I would consider purchasing a device that combined some of those "Blackberryish" things with some added storage and power.
    10-09-17 02:47 PM
    If Blackberry's Motion came out as an expensive flagship model to compete with the likes of the latest flagship Apple & Samsung would you buy it, YES or No (est $1000)

I vote YES 100% -

P.S. I think they would have a lot better chance competing as a fullscreen phone, just to be on the dame playing field.....
    It is not a question of flagship or otherwise, a mid-ranger is totally acceptable if the price is realistic. Same specs and price as Samsung & Apple? Yes, would consider buying Motion. Like the physical design of Motion, no curvy side screen of Samsung which tends to have accidental screen activation.
    10-09-17 03:52 PM
    I would not spend $1000 for a cell phone, but I might be talked into spending more than I did on the KEYone for a PKB phone--a KEYtwo would be fine--with some added goodies. For example, when I pick up my Passport and just LOOK at the Hub--the beautiful font, the precision of the swipe--and the volume and clarity of the speaker--just the all-around quality, I would consider purchasing a device that combined some of those "Blackberryish" things with some added storage and power.
    I think one place that hurts... is that the KEYone and Motion aren't just competing with other midgrade devices. But with last years Flagships too. If BlackBerry Mobile could have started with a $700 phone that was like everyone else's flagship, but just a slight downgrade in the Processor only. By next year that phone would have fit very well as a midgrade phone, but with better overall quality. Thing is there probable isn't but a few dollars difference on the wholesale side, between an SD660 and SD820.... cost have to be cut, everywhere to make a difference.
    10-09-17 03:59 PM
    I think one place that hurts... is that the KEYone and Motion aren't just competing with other midgrade devices. But with last years Flagships too. If BlackBerry Mobile could have started with a $700 phone that was like everyone else's flagship, but just a slight downgrade in the Processor only. By next year that phone would have fit very well as a midgrade phone, but with better overall quality. Thing is there probable isn't but a few dollars difference on the wholesale side, between an SD660 and SD820.... cost have to be cut, everywhere to make a difference.
    It may be more than a few dollars in this case. Given their very low volume, maybe they got a very good deal on some leftover SoC’s?
    10-09-17 06:34 PM
    Yes! Looking to upgrade from a Priv and I use the onscreen keyboard more than the physical one, though I'd expected otherwise when I got the Priv.
    The pkb on the Priv was not very good. If you try the KEYone you will see what I mean.
    10-09-17 07:08 PM
    The pkb on the Priv was not very good. If you try the KEYone you will see what I mean.
    Well, it depends on your likings. I found K1's keyword weird (its keys have some "movement" I don't like) while I feel Priv's sturdy and precise (not as good as Passport's SE tough).
    Still a good PKB
    10-10-17 12:48 AM
    I'm simply referring to the economies of scale premium compared to mass-market devices. There would also be a second premium for the hardening and the sturdier build.
    Conite, the problem is, that market not really cares what economy of scale and costs you have. You either sell it on market price or you do not sell it at all. simples
    10-10-17 05:28 AM
    Conite, the problem is, that market not really cares what economy of scale and costs you have. You either sell it on market price or you do not sell it at all. simples
    I don't agree. How does a single Samsung S8 sell when one could buy a OnePlus 5 for much less?

BlackBerry Mobile seems to be offering something unique with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion. It won't be for everyone, no doubt, but TCL has very reasonable expectations and seem to be happy with the results so far.

We will see if TCL is pleased with the response to the Motion.
    10-10-17 06:10 AM
    Yes, as soon as the CDMA version for Verizon is available.
    10-10-17 06:13 AM
    I don't agree. How does a single Samsung S8 sell when one could buy a OnePlus 5 for much less?

BlackBerry Mobile seems to be offering something unique with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion. It won't be for everyone, no doubt, but TCL has very reasonable expectations and seem to be happy with the results so far.

We will see if TCL is pleased with the response to the Motion.
    Firstly, ONE plus is relatively unknown brand. Especially for those who buy phones in wallamarts or carrier stores.
    secondly - there is a challenge to find the store which would have a single one plus device available
    thirdly - I am yet to see a SINGLE one plus phone commercial on TV, when apples and S8s are all the time.

to be honest - KEYone is device which offers something unique. Motion is just like 100 other phones, with much higher price tag and "security" which means nothing. If you ask ANYONE who is not in IT - would it be regular guy on the street or would it be some sales manager for any company, selling paper or whatever: "how secure your device is?", you would get something like:
    - uuuugh, My Samsung has finger print scanner, so it is secure.
    - My samsung is secure, because it has that MobileIron thing on my phone and my IT manager deleted everything when I lost my phone a month ago.
    - My Samsung has retina scanner, but it is disabled by our IT policy, like everything else, so it is secure I suppose
    - My apple is Secure because it's apple

It's like 4 door mid-sezed sedan/saloon with front wheel drive, automatic gearbox and 2.0 litre 170 bhp petrol engine and leather interior. Maybe a nice coloured one. but other than that?
    10-10-17 07:23 AM
    Firstly, ONE plus is relatively unknown brand. Especially for those who buy phones in wallamarts or carrier stores.
    secondly - there is a challenge to find the store which would have a single one plus device available
    thirdly - I am yet to see a SINGLE one plus phone commercial on TV, when apples and S8s are all the time.

to be honest - KEYone is device which offers something unique. Motion is just like 100 other phones, with much higher price tag and "security" which means nothing. If you ask ANYONE who is not in IT - would it be regular guy on the street or would it be some sales manager for any company, selling paper or whatever: "how secure your device is?", you would get something like:
    - uuuugh, My Samsung has finger print scanner, so it is secure.
    - My samsung is secure, because it has that MobileIron thing on my phone and my IT manager deleted everything when I lost my phone a month ago.
    - My Samsung has retina scanner, but it is disabled by our IT policy, like everything else, so it is secure I suppose
    - My apple is Secure because it's apple

It's like 4 door mid-sezed sedan/saloon with front wheel drive, automatic gearbox and 2.0 litre 170 bhp petrol engine and leather interior. Maybe a nice coloured one. but other than that?
    TCL is targeting customers who know what security is - businesses who currently buy iPhone and Samsung Knox.

They have their Alcatel brand for the rest.
    10-10-17 07:26 AM
    If Blackberry's Motion came out as an expensive flagship model to compete with the likes of the latest flagship Apple & Samsung would you buy it, YES or No (est $1000)

I vote YES 100% -

P.S. I think they would have a lot better chance competing as a fullscreen phone, just to be on the dame playing field.....
    Yes I'll play $1000 for a high end touch screen Blackberry that has awesome battery life amazing display and awesome new unique features to it
    10-29-17 08:35 PM
    question is can blackberry/TCL make high end flagship like note 8? TCL never done it before. I don't care if it's $1000 if the phone is good enough!
    10-29-17 08:39 PM
    No. Maybe if after 6 months with a big price drop if it was ok but i was burned badly with bad Privs. $1000 Blackberry will not fly.
    10-29-17 09:29 PM
    $1000 for a cellphone? not even at gun point!
    10-29-17 09:37 PM
    Hmmm... take the Motion and chop the bottom bezel to the exact same size as the top one, 836 processor from Qualcomm, excellent battery life, superb build quality, great screen, waterproof the thing and lastly, it should have excellent antenna like your old Q10 or Z30 then I am sold.

I would love that.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-17 11:40 PM
    I will go for it if it indeed comes up with premium specs. I had the PRIV but it disappointed a lot with the performance in the later stages.
    10-30-17 12:05 AM
    The thing that makes the Motion appealing, in my opinion, is the phenomenal battery life. If you start sticking high-end processors in it, bye-bye great battery life. Supposedly, the next device is a higher-end KEYone with a better processor. Qualcomm 660...higher-end midrange processor?
    10-30-17 02:35 PM
    When you think of it the Passport original came close to that price when it came out in Canadian $...
    And I bought one...Still use it occasionally..
    So answer to your question Yes if the specs are even slightly lower than the competitions, because it would be running BlackBerry.
    10-30-17 05:00 PM

I vote YES 100% -

Yes definitely would pay for a high flagship device. However I am starting to believe that is not going to happen with a Blackberry device any time soon. They have lost too many consumers to other flagship devices and if it is not at minimum equal or better than those devices then it will fail miserably. They are building up their base again slowly, maybe once they have made some profits, brought back some defectors and built up enough of a base with confidence in the brand then i can see it maybe happening.
    10-31-17 11:24 AM
    The 25%? Rough, but educated guess.

You are most likely not off on this number. Economy of scale is huge issue when dealing in a global market. I dont think the every day consumer understands that part of it. They always complain on price of the devices when released compared to other devices. The Blackberry's just cant compete at this time. Thats why they have focused on the mid range market. It makes sense, unfortunately. Their margins are extremely minimal on devices.
    10-31-17 11:33 AM
    I wouldn't pay a penny more for that phone over a Motion spec phone. Don't need any of the extras to get my work done.

And if it got worse battery performance, which it would, then it's worth even less to me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-31-17 11:36 AM
    10-31-17 11:37 AM
49 12