Will this phone be available at Verizon?
    Depends on if Enterprise is ASKING for these BlackBerry solutions. If they are, I expect Verizon will do an online only offering of both the KEYone and the Krypton. If Enterprise isn't asking for BlackBerry Android devices.... then there is no reason for Verizon to add them to their lineup. They have the Moto Z2 Play ($400), plus previous Flagships that have the mid-priced category well filled. And there are a couple of low end devices in the $240 price range that would just make the Krypton an awkward fit in Verizon's lineup.
    baspeed likes this.
    09-20-17 07:51 AM
    Its definitely starting to look a little better with that photo. Still not 100% sold on the bar at the top but will wait till we get some final hardware photo leaks. Im just so happy we getting some new Blackberry devices.
    09-20-17 08:35 AM
    Looks cheap
    I have a feeling this is the DTEK50 replacement device so I'm not expecting it to look ultra fancy. It definitely has the "Blackberry" look to it. To me, it reminds me a little of the Blackberry Leap. Instead of having a black plastic bar, they have a (what looks like) a silver plastic bar. Maybe metal?
    09-20-17 08:39 AM
    What a POS. They have got to be kidding! Anyone have an old 1970's polyester suit to go with this? Lol.
    09-20-17 08:42 AM
    Hard to tell from such a small snippet of a pre-production device, but it looks nice and has a design consistency with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, which is good for the brand.
    09-20-17 09:10 AM
    Yeah, I'd need to see the whole thing. And, with better photos. Lighting is probably exaggerating that reflective weave pattern on the back.

Is that metal trim a real brushed steel or aluminum trim?

You know, like how most of the time, "stainless steel" appliances are really brushed aluminum.
    09-20-17 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry krypton has which OS?
    09-20-17 10:51 AM
    BlackBerry krypton has which OS?
    Unclear.

It depends if hardened Oreo is ready by launch date, which I doubt it will be.
    09-20-17 10:59 AM
    For a pre production unit (likely) I think it looks good. Guess we will see a lot more of it in the next couple of weeks.
    09-20-17 11:22 AM
    Unclear.

It depends if hardened Oreo is ready by launch date, which I doubt it will be.
    Oreo probably won't be ready this year, let alone in October. If what you say about their arrangement with TCL is correct, BlackBerry probably didn't even start working on it until TCL announced it was coming for K1 last month, and no timeline for its release has been provided.
    09-20-17 11:23 AM
    Oreo probably won't be ready this year, let alone in October. If what you say about their arrangement with TCL is correct, BlackBerry probably didn't even start working on it until TCL announced it was coming for K1 last month, and no timeline for its release has been provided.
    Why do you say that? TCL could have been in discussions with BlackBerry about Oreo for the last six months.

Just because TCL told US that Oreo was coming on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ just recently, says nothing about what they had already contracted BlackBerry to do either on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or the Krypton.
    09-20-17 11:31 AM
    Why do you say that? TCL could have been in discussions with BlackBerry about Oreo for the last six months.
    Exactly! Then why do you think 6 months isn't enough time to harden Oreo?
    I mean 6 months is a reasonable time now that they aren't working on nougat for any other device either (DTEK series still unclear though)
    Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 11:33 AM
    Exactly then why do you think 6 months isn't enough to harden Oreo?

Posted via CB10
    Because the OS only came out of beta a month ago?
    09-20-17 11:33 AM
    Because the OS only came out of beta a month ago?
    Sorry my bad. I really didn't know that.
    I assumed the developer builds were out since a long time..

Posted via CB10
    09-20-17 11:34 AM
    Sure, they could have been. But that is not likely, otherwise why not make an announcement six months ago?

Whatever BlackBerry is going to do with Oreo is going to take time. It always does. Particularly with all the regional variations of the K1, testing etc. Plus, what incentive would TCL have to rush this? If they release it this year, everyone will be expecting another OS upgrade from them in 2018. Lol.
    09-20-17 11:41 AM
    What a POS. They have got to be kidding! Anyone have an old 1970's polyester suit to go with this? Lol.
    LOL! Personally I like the way it looks, but to each their own! I do however, salute you for the comedic value of your comment!
    09-20-17 12:49 PM
    LOL! Personally I like the way it looks, but to each their own! I do however, salute you for the comedic value of your comment!
    Your welcome! Although clearly, if the photos are accurate - the joke is in TCL's hands, as it were.
    09-20-17 12:52 PM
    Your welcome! Although clearly, if the photos are accurate - the joke is in TCL's hands, as it were.
    I'm curious which phones YOU like.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-20-17 01:14 PM
    I'm curious which phones YOU like.

He likes Apple, Apple, and Apple.
    Last edited by conite; 09-20-17 at 02:57 PM.
    09-20-17 02:03 PM
    You guys have bashed every leaked picture of every fairly recent BlackBerry that came out. Then when the real pictures start coming out, the dj starts spinning a completely different tune.
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-20-17 02:26 PM
    Apple, Apple, and Apple.
    LOL. I think (and always have) that the iPhones, iPods, even the old iMacs, Apple TV remote, etc. are just silly looking. I respect those who appreciate their "simple" design, but I always found they had too few interface controls to be used efficiently. Too much form, not enough function, in my book.

baspeed likes this.
    09-20-17 03:02 PM
    Apple, Apple, and Apple.
    Thanks for answering for me. Close, but not quite. Lol.

First of all, we need to consider the design of the phone only, and set aside the OS and price. We are only talking about aesthetic considerations.

Quality of material and craftsmanship, simplicity, and elegance. Not add-on or tacky. True to the material of which is is made. Minimal gaps, seams, overlaps, or other cheats. Solidly constructed and durable. As little cheap plastic as possible.

With these criteria in mind...definitely most iPhones would fall into this category. They are designed with aesthetics and quality as a prime consideration. Almost like jewelry pieces...very finely made with high attention to every detail, and durable.

The Samsung Galaxy and Note series starting at the S6 edge and beyond would be next. Although they largely borrowed from Apple, at least until recently with the bevel-less S8 and Note 8.

The new Essential phone shows some promise, as does the Sony line of mobile devices.

I don't find the Google devices to be very inspiring whatsoever. Generic in true sense of the word.

Otherwise...most Androids are simply cheap or cheaper knock-off slabs of Apple/Samsung with no clear differentiating or distinct physical design features. This is a generalization of course, but I am merely trying establish some basic criteria.

BlackBerry particularly since the BB10 series had strong industrial design and ideas that set it apart, of not ahead of, the competition. Perhaps the aesthetic was awkward at times, such as with the Passport...but there was a strong functional basis for it and materials were high quality, tactile, practical, and the devices well built. I find generally that is a strong aesthetic basis for a 'work' device.

I did like the PRIV also, although I found it to be somewhat delicate with the sliding mechanism and the soft back.

The K1 does not seem 100% a BlackBerry to me. The keyboard in particular, is not quite up to par with its slippery glassy keys that seem slightly cramped. Also small details, such as the chrome camera 'ring' that does not match the silver frame, the silver top bezel of questionable material (painted plastic?) and oversized rear facing logo, and capacitive add-on buttons make it seem somewhat tacky to my eye. Past BlackBerry devices were just a bit more elegant, just a bit more careful in the execution.

So with the above on mind...this latest BlackBerry, if accurate, seems to fall somewhat short of the mark. The metal on the bezel looks like a tack on, and then back looks a throw back to the glass weave but loud and garish...like a bad tie.

Just my humble opinion, of course.
    mister2d likes this.
    09-20-17 03:10 PM
    He likes Apple, Apple, and Apple.
    Finally after all this time ( years and years) an Apple phone will have less bezel and button than screen size. Just think, Apple as finally fazing out of the stupid button. LoL
    09-20-17 04:56 PM
    It’s alright. It looks a bit cheap. After losing the corporate market I think BB is still looking for a market
    09-20-17 05:03 PM
    Finally after all this time ( years and years) an Apple phone will have less bezel and button than screen size. Just think, Apple as finally fazing out of the stupid button. LoL
    And all the people who defended the id1ot button for ten years will now brag about how innovative Apple is to get rid of it!

That's no excuse for Android's three id1iot buttons, btw!

baspeed and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-20-17 05:04 PM
87 1234