I had this issue too, however I have noticed that the recent nightly builds have resolved the issue and the performance now compares to chrome again, I think it was most likely an issue with them beginning to integrate their new quantum components.
    02-01-18 11:33 PM
    Same happens with firefox pc versions too lately...last 2-3 days, its damn slow and crashes every once in a while!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    02-02-18 01:37 AM
    Good to hear that progress appears to be being made - will wait for a "stable" release.... Thanks.
    02-02-18 11:35 PM
    Must confess that I have not had any stability issues with Firefox on the PC (Win 10 64 bit)
    02-02-18 11:36 PM
    If you're not too fussy about bookmarks and stuff like that, there's Firefox Klar (Focus) which is really fast.

If you need bookmarks and such, Fennec is fast also.
    02-06-18 04:02 PM
    Don't use many bookmarks on the phone so will try "Klar" which I had never heard of!
    Thanks
    02-07-18 01:14 AM
    Should mention that Firefox Klar and Fennec are thru F-Droid. If you don't want to install F-Droid, use Firefox Focus thru the Google play store.
    02-07-18 11:34 AM
    Should mention that Firefox Klar and Fennec are thru F-Droid. If you don't want to install F-Droid, use Firefox Focus thru the Google play store.
    Klar is the German Focus. Apparently there is some naming conflict in Germany. Klar also doesn't use Google Messaging Service for notifications or send telemetry info back to Mozilla by default. If you want the Klar version, its also available in the Playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.mozilla.klar
    02-07-18 04:08 PM
    Klar is the German Focus. Apparently there is some naming conflict in Germany. Klar also doesn't use Google Messaging Service for notifications or send telemetry info back to Mozilla by default. If you want the Klar version, its also available in the Playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.mozilla.klar
    Many thanks for the help - prefer to go via play store.... Latest ff does seem quicker.
    02-12-18 08:57 AM
    I'm trying the Brave browser those last days, and I have to say: it rocks!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-18 04:35 AM
    Interesting - will have a look at this. The latest FF version seems to be quicker even if not fast so they are getting somewhere....
    02-17-18 04:48 AM
    Using an unlocked Motion (AAR748 on BBD100-1) with Firefox as browser, I find that it is very slow to load pages either from the search bar or links in emails etc. I have good Wi-Fi connectivity with about 20+Mb download speed.
    It is so slow that I frequently run out of patience and stop trying to surf the net.
    Any ideas why it is so poor? Have I screwed up a setting somewhere in the system?
    TIA
    FF can do that on any phone, I remove/delete what I have on phone, reboot phone, go back to playstore and download again, don't log into Sync if you have that, install HTTP Everywhere and Adblock. Reboot phine again and see if you get immediate improvement. Also make sure when you test FF, no VPN should be running. With VPN you have to experiment with log in points to see which ones are faster, Personally I use PROTON VPN.

PS: Never use Crackberry to test for fast page loading, it is ad intensive, (to cb defenders, yeah yeah I know a guy has to make money but just saying.)
    Last edited by EndRacism; 02-18-18 at 10:01 AM.
    02-18-18 09:28 AM
    Thanks for suggestions. Latest version from PlayStore seems quick enough for the little surfing I do on the phone. DOn't do sync nor do I (usually) use a VPN
    02-18-18 10:13 AM
38 12