So, I've just downloaded and installed Oreo OTA (ABE104). Previously swiping on the fingerprint scanner showed the notification menu, but now it works as a (laggy) trackpad. I couldn't find any setting for this, any idea how to revert the behaviour? I don't need a trackpad on a full touch device!

Also, any idea how to tell Android to notify me for background apps except for Power Center?

Thanks.
    Allamu and hemodad like this.
    08-23-18 11:09 AM
    Yeah. It sucks big time. Did not find anything.... Seems like they justed pushed the KEYone Version to the Motion...
    08-23-18 03:16 PM
    I think it works great! You can also use it as a text cursor. Great additional feature, although it's indeed a bit laggy. You cannot revert it but you can assign the notification screen to a double screen tap
    anon(8980596) likes this.
    08-23-18 03:19 PM
    You cannot revert it but you can assign the notification screen to a double screen tap
    I can't really figure out how this should work. If I double-tap the home screen it still locks the device and everywhere else nothing happens. It only brings up the screen (with a significant delay) when the phone is locked and the screen is off.
    08-23-18 04:26 PM
    I can't really figure out how this should work.
    I'm not entirely sure it's supposed to work. Seems like a bug to me. This is why there should be changelogs lol.
    08-23-18 04:37 PM
    Seems like a bug to me.
    I hope they will fix this since it might be a source of battery drain if not properly handled by the hardware.

Seems like they justed pushed the KEYone Version to the Motion
    It sucks, hope BlackBerry gets back on this as well.
    08-23-18 05:09 PM
    I have the same thing going on. What's the point of having things highlighted using the home button? I've searched high & low to find a way to turn this off.
    08-23-18 10:58 PM
    Haha looks like I am the only one that likes this feature. if it get less laggy, it's all I've been looking for
    08-24-18 01:53 AM
    I think it works great! You can also use it as a text cursor. Great additional feature, although it's indeed a bit laggy. You cannot revert it but you can assign the notification screen to a double screen tap
    Why do I always agree with you?!!
    Great minds...
    It's a unique vkb feature, and differentiates it from other slabs. Well done Blackberry. More than just a menu pulldown button.
    I'm sure they'll sort the lagginess in the next update.
    08-24-18 04:42 AM
    Another point. I can select apps with the trackpad but not open them with any number of clicks.
    Anyone else notice this?
    It would be nice if it worked.
    08-24-18 04:49 AM
    Another point. I can select apps with the trackpad but not open them with any number of clicks.
    Anyone else notice this?
    It would be nice if it worked.
    Personally I don't like how the apps get highlighted. Ruins the uniform look of my home screen. Plus like you said, what's the point of scrolling around if you can't actually select the app?
    08-24-18 08:43 AM
    Personally I don't like how the apps get highlighted. Ruins the uniform look of my home screen. Plus like you said, what's the point of scrolling around if you can't actually select the app?
    That's what I'm talking about. No point of it unless the app can be selected.
    I also find the page scrolling function tedious because it only moves the page down\up 1 or 2 lines at a time. It needs to be increased.
    I do like the fine cursor control though. I am hating how difficult it is to work with the cursor & perform related tasks on Android. BB10 was far superior with the magnifying circle & the blue lines that appeared between words when highlighting them for tasks.
    Allamu likes this.
    08-24-18 09:34 AM
    Is there any way you know to contact BlackBerry? I'm in Italy and if I try to contact BBMo the call gets trasferred to Romania and they can only help you with RMA, so no luck, but maybe in North America they can do better. This really sounds like a bug and I know no way of letting them know.
    08-24-18 12:39 PM
    So, I've just downloaded and installed Oreo OTA (ABE104). Previously swiping on the fingerprint scanner showed the notification menu, but now it works as a (laggy) trackpad. I couldn't find any setting for this, any idea how to revert the behaviour? I don't need a trackpad on a full touch device!

Also, any idea how to tell Android to notify me for background apps except for Power Center?

Thanks.
    It is indeed annoying
    08-24-18 08:16 PM
    Well.. not sure if it is a bug or not.. but it definitely is a terrific fine cursor control! Love it!
    08-24-18 08:43 PM
    Is there any way you know to contact BlackBerry? I'm in Italy and if I try to contact BBMo the call gets trasferred to Romania and they can only help you with RMA, so no luck, but maybe in North America they can do better. This really sounds like a bug and I know no way of letting them know.
    BlackBerry Technical Support 1 (866) 957-0761
    08-24-18 11:48 PM

Thanks.
    This is great addition . I'm sure BBMO will rectify the bugs soonest .
    08-27-18 03:06 AM
    Anyone take the necessary time to do a factory reset and see if the trackpad returns to normal behavior as before the update?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 05:16 PM
    Yep, factory reset for different reason. See other posts, it sucks.

Anyone take the necessary time to do a factory reset and see if the trackpad returns to normal behavior as before the update?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 05:31 PM
    You can swipe down now on an empty part of the screen to bring down notifications so you don't need the trackpad to do that too. I haven't got Oreo in the UK yet (hint) but I like the idea of a cursor on the trackpad to edit text etc if that's what it does.
    08-31-18 05:15 PM
    This Oreo 8.1 has some bugs
    09-01-18 10:56 PM
    I initially didn't like the home button doubling as a trackpad but have since warmed to it. Very handy when editing text. Now if the responsiveness would improve...perhaps next update.
    09-02-18 09:58 AM
    I initially didn't like the home button doubling as a trackpad but have since warmed to it. Very handy when editing text. Now if the responsiveness would improve...perhaps next update.
    Do we need to set this up.. Mine doesn't do this
    09-03-18 09:30 AM
    I'm not entirely sure it's supposed to work. Seems like a bug to me. This is why there should be changelogs lol.
    I have to say that those that are defending the change of the fingerprint sensor to a track pad are giving things a positive spin. BlackBerry on their launch videos for the Motion touted the feature of the fingerprint sensor doubling as a swipe shortcut for the notifications as a productivity enhancement. This change is obviously an oversight that was not meant to be. Especially for an all touch device like the Motion. What I find weird is that the the Google update seems to be a roll out to the rest of the Android phones of some of the features (software polishes) present in the Pixels to the rest (I suspect Pixel 3 gets the latest polished look and a version of the pixel 2 software polishes get rolled out to the masses). This is just my theory from having owned a Pixel 2. The pixel 2 has this exact same swipe down for the notifications feature on their fingerprint sensors and it's great (I'm sure the Pixel 3s will too). Missing it a lot 😞
    crimsonking likes this.
    10-13-18 12:44 PM
    I have to say that those that are defending the change of the fingerprint sensor to a track pad are giving things a positive spin. BlackBerry on their launch videos for the Motion touted the feature of the fingerprint sensor doubling as a swipe shortcut for the notifications as a productivity enhancement. This change is obviously an oversight that was not meant to be. Especially for an all touch device like the Motion. What I find weird is that the the Google update seems to be a roll out to the rest of the Android phones of some of the features (software polishes) present in the Pixels to the rest (I suspect Pixel 3 gets the latest polished look and a version of the pixel 2 software polishes get rolled out to the masses). This is just my theory from having owned a Pixel 2. The pixel 2 has this exact same swipe down for the notifications feature on their fingerprint sensors and it's great (I'm sure the Pixel 3s will too). Missing it a lot 😞
    Me too, liked the way it was. Don't even bother to use the NEW feature as it feels too sluggish, makes the Motion feel old and outdated cuz of the way it works lol.
    10-13-18 04:34 PM
29 12