Have you seen the hands on video? It looks like the fingerprint scanner doubles as a trackpad.

BB Kevin or BLA1ZE. Can you confirm?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 08:19 PM
    which video?
    are you sure its just not notification pulldown ?
    10-09-17 08:32 PM
    We don't know because it was only used in the home screen but why only have it limited to just the notification pull down.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-09-17 09:10 PM
    BB Mobile is not in the business of heavily modifying the OS like Samsung. Modders at XDA have given the ability for many gestures/toggles for the FP for rooted Android O devices but I doubt BB is interested in backporting those into their Nougat. I think it would be annoying to as many people that find it useful if it was built in as default.

Notification pull-down are already on several OEM Android Nougat builds so thats something BB could build into Motion easily.
    10-09-17 09:20 PM
    I'd like to have that trackpad feature. It will be like having some of BlackBerry legacy on Android
    Of course it should have the option to disable it via settings menu for those who don't like it.
    skinnymike1 and anon(8679041) like this.
    10-10-17 01:43 AM
    I'd like to have that trackpad feature. It will be like having some of BlackBerry's legacy on Android
    Of course it should have the option to disable it via settings menu for those who don't like it.
    10-10-17 01:43 AM
    I'd like to have that trackpad feature. It will be like having some of BlackBerry's legacy on Android
    I actually like this idea!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 12:14 PM
    Have you seen the hands on video? It looks like the fingerprint scanner doubles as a trackpad.

BB Kevin or BLA1ZE. Can you confirm?

Posted via CB10
    It's not a 'trackpad' in the traditional sense. It works like most other fingerprint sensors, in other words, it works to pull down the notification shade, etc.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-11-17 10:33 AM
    10-11-17 10:43 AM
    It's not a 'trackpad' in the traditional sense. It works like most other fingerprint sensors, in other words, it works to pull down the notification shade, etc.
    What do you mean etc.?
    10-11-17 12:41 PM
    What do you mean etc.?
    etc, as in it's not doing anything that isn't already included in Android. There's nothing special about it. It works for the notification shade, it works for scrolling through app pages, but it's not going to work to select app icons, like a traditional BlackBery trackpad would.
    10-11-17 12:46 PM
    Fingerprint gestures. My S8 Plus and most other phones have this.
    10-11-17 12:59 PM
    etc, as in it's not doing anything that isn't already included in Android. There's nothing special about it. It works for the notification shade, it works for scrolling through app pages, but it's not going to work to select app icons, like a traditional BlackBery trackpad would.
    I think in any app, ex browser, not able to scroll, no? Because is act like home button. Or? Appear the notification shade?
    10-11-17 02:01 PM
    I think in any app, ex browser, not able to scroll, no? Because is act like home button. Or? Appear the notification shade?
    You're not using it for any of those things you described. Forget even thinking about it like a trackpad. It's a button.
    10-11-17 02:05 PM
    Ok. Thank you.
    10-11-17 02:06 PM
    Why the K1 fingerprint sensor is not working the same way? :/
    10-11-17 02:26 PM
    Why the K1 fingerprint sensor is not working the same way? :/
    Differentiation. Isn't it great?
    10-11-17 02:33 PM
    You heard it here first.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 06:15 PM
    I would guess that if it were in fact a "track pad" as the BB Community knows it, they would be quick to show that in any video they put out. But I agree with Bla1ze. An earlier response mentioned that it would most likely mean additional Android customization that I don't think BlackBerry wants to get involved with. At least at the present time.
    10-12-17 09:42 AM
    I think there is some confusion now. So you mean it can perform everything that the KEYone keyboard can (scroll through App pages, etc). I think when people were calling it track pad, most meant similar functionality to the KEYone keyboard.
    10-12-17 09:52 AM
    I think there is some confusion now. So you mean it can perform everything that the KEYone keyboard can (scroll through App pages, etc). I think when people were calling it track pad, most meant similar functionality to the KEYone keyboard.
    Absolutely. The KEYone didn't get a traditional BlackBerry trackpad so there was no way this was going to. @Bla1ze Does it have the trackpad-like capabilities like the KEYone Keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 09:56 AM
    It's a track pad for notification shade just like pixel.
    10-18-17 07:37 AM
    I wish it was like the " Classic " button and more...to bad....
    BlackBerry gaining other features but losing part of Blackberry's (identity )traditional features. 😞
    10-21-17 07:21 PM
    So, is there any stock global quick gesture ability on the Motion to access a few select apps, that home circle up, right or lefy had on dtek / priv? That feature is one of the most convenient ever, and trying to grasp how the Motion could be as efficient without it, not having a Motion in my hands...?
    11-13-17 03:47 PM