When my leave my phone for 15 mins, it locks.

I can only choose pattern / swipe / pattern / password

Can't you make the fingerprint the unlock thing

If not, when do you set up fingerprint? Seems pretty useless.

I saw a vid of someone using key2 to do exactly what I want. Made it come up using the fingerprint.

Maybe the Motion doesn't do this?
    07-24-18 09:53 AM
    I think you need to set a screen lock to be able to use fingerprints to unlock the phone. You definitely can use the fingerprint sensor to unlock it. I believe this is in case fingerprints fail to recognise or if there are too many attempts on the fingerprint sensor. The Motion also at times does ask for the password for extra security.
    07-24-18 10:47 AM
    My fingerprint always unlocks.
    07-24-18 11:30 AM
    I think you need to set a screen lock to be able to use fingerprints to unlock the phone. You definitely can use the fingerprint sensor to unlock it. I believe this is in case fingerprints fail to recognise or if there are too many attempts on the fingerprint sensor. The Motion also at times does ask for the password for extra security.
    I am doing screen lock. I don't see fingerprint on the attached
    07-24-18 11:52 AM
    Well of course the attached didn't go ... but I am on screen lock
    07-24-18 11:53 AM
    This is what my security settings look like, do you not see the fingerprint option?

fingerprint lock Q, Motion-screenshot_20180724-175417.jpg
    07-24-18 11:59 AM
    This is what my security settings look like, do you not see the fingerprint option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180724-175417.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	438321
    Yes, I have that. And I have my fingerprint already set up.

If I go to Security... Choose Lock..., Choose Screen Lock ... there is no fingerprint option
    07-24-18 12:30 PM
    Yes, I have that. And I have my fingerprint already set up.

If I go to Security... Choose Lock..., Choose Screen Lock ... there is no fingerprint option
    You shouldn't need to, if the fingerprint is set up it should just work to unlock the device, the password is a fallback or for extra security.
    towngirl likes this.
    07-24-18 12:32 PM
    You shouldn't need to, if the fingerprint is set up it should just work to unlock the device, the password is a fallback or for extra security.
    Oh.. Dah
    That is what I asked before and someone said I needed both password and fp.

But so far, I don't see my screen so that no one can access the phone if I wasn't around.

But I do have body motion on. And my address.

When does it come up that you need to press on the fingerprint?

(New technology )
    07-24-18 12:38 PM
    so you say it's set up but it never comes on ( like the pattern did ).

I am never asked for it. so I think I am back to the start of how do you set this up?
    07-24-18 06:49 PM
    Oh.. Dah
    That is what I asked before and someone said I needed both password and fp.

But so far, I don't see my screen so that no one can access the phone if I wasn't around.

But I do have body motion on. And my address.

When does it come up that you need to press on the fingerprint?

(New technology )
    What do you mean by "I do have body motion on"? Do you have Body Detection tuned on in Smart Lock? If yes, that might explain why you don't need to use FP....but then you shouldn't have to use any unlocking action, but if i read your first post, you are using some form of unlocking action.

Posted using Z30 on CB
    towngirl likes this.
    07-24-18 08:46 PM
    I put my pattern on, and when it the phone is inactive for a while, you have to use the pattern to get in. I want to not use pattern and use fingerprint.

There is no option to use fingerprint.
    07-24-18 09:03 PM
    Otherwise, what do you use fingerprint for?
    07-24-18 09:04 PM
    If the screenshot is correct, it shows two FP set up....when your screen is locked you should be able to press the FP button/reader with either of the two registered fingerprints and your screen/phone should unlock.
    07-24-18 10:24 PM
    Otherwise, what do you use fingerprint for?
    You're over thinking it. Next time your screen locks press the fingerprint reader....your screen should unlock. There is no prompt to use the FP reader...the functionality is just there because you have two fingerprints registered.
    towngirl likes this.
    07-25-18 06:22 AM
    I have two fingerprints set up and had been using it for a long time. Now it seems that the sensor is not working and I can't use FP to unlock anymore. How do I get the FP to work again?
    10-23-20 11:25 AM
    I have two fingerprints set up and had been using it for a long time. Now it seems that the sensor is not working and I can't use FP to unlock anymore. How do I get the FP to work again?
    Have you tried deleting your prints then registering them again?
    10-23-20 02:16 PM
    Have you tried deleting your prints then registering them again?
    Thank you Ben for helping me! Before deleting my existing prints, I tried setting up new prints, but because my FP sensor doesn't seem to be working, I am not even able to set up a new fingerprint. So if I deleted the ones I also have, I don't think it will solve the problem. I believe the problem is with the sensor and not the print or linking the prints to my unlock for the phone. It just can't detect that my finger is even there, let alone give me an error message.
    10-23-20 02:27 PM
    Thank you Ben for helping me! Before deleting my existing prints, I tried setting up new prints, but because my FP sensor doesn't seem to be working, I am not even able to set up a new fingerprint. So if I deleted the ones I also have, I don't think it will solve the problem. I believe the problem is with the sensor and not the print or linking the prints to my unlock for the phone. It just can't detect that my finger is even there, let alone give me an error message.
    Ah, I see. Sounds like faulty hardware, would need to replace the keyboard in that case.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-20 02:10 PM