Hello community!

So yesterday the fingerprint scanner on the Motion stopped working, a day after updating to the latest security release (AAW584).
    Not thinking too hard, I did a factory reset to see if it would come back, but no joy..
    I bit the bullet and called BBMobile support. My call was answered promptly, and the tech support guy mentioned they've been getting reports of scanner failure after the update.
    I'm thinking mine is hardware related but wanted to check with the community first.
    The agent was supposed to send me a case number by email which he has yet to do.
    Cheers.
    03-30-18 08:18 AM
    Hello community!

So yesterday the fingerprint scanner on the Motion stopped working, a day after updating to the latest security release (AAW584).
    Not thinking too hard, I did a factory reset to see if it would come back, but no joy..
    I bit the bullet and called BBMobile support. My call was answered promptly, and the tech support guy mentioned they've been getting reports of scanner failure after the update.
    I'm thinking mine is hardware related but wanted to check with the community first.
    The agent was supposed to send me a case number by email which he has yet to do.
    Cheers.
    So far no issue of the kind you describe running AAW584 on the BB Motion BBD100-2 variant on Telus.
    03-30-18 10:36 AM
    Mine has been a little wonky since the update. It usually is fast and accurate. Since the update, it takes 2 or 3 times for it to work. Kinda frustrating...
    03-30-18 11:05 AM
    So here is a follow up for anyone interested : called it in, and after a couple of days of phone tag for follow up, I was given two options ; send it in for repairs or have it exchanged. I went for option two, and received the second unit yesterday.
    Some items of note:
    -I am sure the new unit is a refurbished, which I wasn't told about, but should have known better.
    - the have the cost of a new phone on my credit card until they receive the old one and run a diagnostic on it to see if it falls under warranty. That was stupid of me agreeing to this.
    - the phone I received hasn't been updated since September, which surprised me coming from the repair centre. It came with an inspection report of all the tests that it had passed.
    Let's see how long this one lasts when I bring it up to date....🤔
    04-10-18 05:50 AM
    Fingerprint working fine.. But wifi is having trouble.
    04-12-18 04:41 AM
    Just got the update in the UK, fingerprint still working but not for taking photos in locker mode!!! Always a problem after an update, at least I can cast my screen to the TV again now though, have been unable to do since the February update, can't wait until the next one!!!
    04-12-18 11:24 AM