Several months ago, I restarted my Motion. All of a sudden upon reboot, I saw a screen that said 'Erasing'. Everything was deleted from my phone and a factory reset occurred. I've restarted it before this happened and there were no issues. Since then, I've restarted it many times and it's rebooted fine. Today, I restarted it after a flight as I wasn't getting a connection after landing and the 'Erasing' message appeared. Once again, everything was erased and I had to start all over loading apps, email accounts, etc.
    Has anyone experienced a similar event? I've never seen this with any other BlackBerry. I've had the Priv and DTEK 50 as well as many BB10 and BBOS phones.
    02-13-18 07:50 PM
    Never had that happen... well.. not UNINTENTIONALLY.
    02-14-18 12:17 AM
    Several months ago, I restarted my Motion. All of a sudden upon reboot, I saw a screen that said 'Erasing'. Everything was deleted from my phone and a factory reset occurred. I've restarted it before this happened and there were no issues. Since then, I've restarted it many times and it's rebooted fine. Today, I restarted it after a flight as I wasn't getting a connection after landing and the 'Erasing' message appeared. Once again, everything was erased and I had to start all over loading apps, email accounts, etc.
    Has anyone experienced a similar event? I've never seen this with any other BlackBerry. I've had the Priv and DTEK 50 as well as many BB10 and BBOS phones.
    Very strange. Check 'Find My Device' settings, maybe the reset gets triggered from there on suspecting that device is lost. Not sure though.
    02-14-18 03:20 AM