Hello Crackberry,

I'd like to hear from everyone who has had experience with BlackBerry Mobile repairing a device. I have a Motion with a broken screen and would like to get it fixed. I have heard enough anecdotal tales on the BlackBerry forums to give me pause before shipping my phone to BB Mobile for repairs. I have looked at third party part providers and repair services, but am a) hesitant to purchase parts of unknown origin (not OEM) and b) the repair shops do not have access to Motion parts and will not guarantee the repairs if I provide the parts.

So, if anyone has had experience with entrusting their device(s) to BB Mobile for repairs I'd really like to hear about your experience, good or bad, and any tips you may have for successfully having your device repaired in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 12:41 AM
    Hello Crackberry,

I'd like to hear from everyone who has had experience with BlackBerry Mobile repairing a device. I have a Motion with a broken screen and would like to get it fixed. I have heard enough anecdotal tales on the BlackBerry forums to give me pause before shipping my phone to BB Mobile for repairs. I have looked at third party part providers and repair services, but am a) hesitant to purchase parts of unknown origin (not OEM) and b) the repair shops do not have access to Motion parts and will not guarantee the repairs if I provide the parts.

So, if anyone has had experience with entrusting their device(s) to BB Mobile for repairs I'd really like to hear about your experience, good or bad, and any tips you may have for successfully having your device repaired in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    You don't really have a choice if you want it fixed. It appears TCL/BBMo is the lesser of two evils..
    03-27-18 12:45 AM
    Thanks Chuck. Anecdotally I have heard on Crackberry that BB Mobile has lost devices, and it has taken months to get the original broken device back with no repairs even completed. I would rather save myself the hassle than go through that kind of nightmare. I am hoping to find more positive stories to allay some of my fears.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 12:50 AM
    Thanks Chuck. Anecdotally I have heard on Crackberry that BB Mobile has lost devices, and it has taken months to get the original broken device back with no repairs even completed. I would rather save myself the hassle than go through that kind of nightmare. I am hoping to find more positive stories to allay some of my fears.

Posted via CB10
    People write about dissatisfaction more than satisfaction. Threads will have more stories about the problems and you won't see many of the success because people don't write about the expected
    03-27-18 01:01 AM
    They turned around my DTEK60 repair with amazing speed.
    03-27-18 01:06 AM
    You should ask BB Mobile if their repair will still allow water resistance on the phone, a third party will most likely not.
    03-27-18 11:19 AM
    I will certainly make the inquiry. Anyone else have any positive experiences with BB Mobile repairs?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-18 11:47 AM
    Well so far the process has been relatively painless. I used the BB Mobile support process and shipped the phone to BB repair service. Had to pay $25 to ship via FedEx, return shipping is free (or baked into the $25 shipping cost). Received regular updates on shipping progress from BBMo. Phone arrived next day. Haven't had any word on repair assessment at this point, but it is still well within the 5-7 business days I was quoted. So far, so good. Will continue to chronicle my experience in case someone is interested.

Update:
    One day later...
    Received the warranty assessment from BBMo this morning (less than two business days after they received the device) . Very reasonable timing IMHO.

No surprises, the damage was outside of warranty coverage. The phone was in my pocket when it received a significant impact to the middle of the screen. I essentially hip checked a seat frame on the bus when the bus stopped suddenly. Quoted cost for screen replacement = $99.00 CAD. PayPal appears to be BBMo's payment services provider of choice. Receipt of payment was confirmed and I now await my repaired device.

Update :
    3 Days Later...
    I received notification today that the repair job was complete and that the FedEx return shipping label had been printed. A reasonable turn around IMO. Then 2 hours later I received an account notification via email that my device had been delivered.

Well I guess that the notification system had gotten a little ahead of itself as at this point not only was it after FedEx delivery hours, but the 2 hours difference between receiving notification of the return shipping label being printed and receiving the 'delivery complete' notification is hardly enough time to account for the 4300km journey (takes 5.5 hours to fly this via commercial airliner).

So, I gave the support centre a quick call and they confirmed that the device had not yet been picked up by FedEx and apologized for the miscommunication. The call center employee informed me that I could reasonably expect to receive my Motion within 2-3 business days. Sounds good to me. Glad the call centre is there and they haven't turned to fully automated communication. Will check back in when there is more to update.

Posted via CB10 on my never fail Z30
    Last edited by Nate tha Great; 04-12-18 at 11:59 PM.
    04-09-18 10:59 PM
    continued from above...

I received my phone after an additional 3 business days. I delayed checking in by a few weeks in order to ensure that no issues presented themselves immediately post repair process. the Motion was returned to me in appropriate packaging, and after reinstall of apps, and setting up the hub and other app configuration, everything appears to be running as it should. Interesting note: although I received the device back after the bug ridden March 2018 update had been released to all jurisdictions, the paperwork that came with the device indicated that only the February 2018 update had been installed. I purchased the phone via carrier and have not received an OTA update either. I am assuming this was intentional, and am looking forward to the April update 2018.

Thank you BBMo/TCL for providing an efficient and effective repair service.
    04-29-18 04:32 PM