Yes -- the primary difference in terms of quality is that the Motion's sensor has a materially better (roughly one stop, maybe 1-1/2 or 2 stops) noise profile in low light than the KeyONE's.

Because neither unit allows you to shoot in RAW the noise profile combined with JPEG compression and built-in sharpening (which you also can't turn off) gets the KeyONE's images in low light well before it does on the Motion.
    12-15-17 12:02 PM
    I agree, the Dtek60 is very much underestimated. I's a Shame that it does not get the Nougat Update.
    12-15-17 12:22 PM
    I agree, the Dtek60 is very much underestimated. I's a Shame that it does not get the Nougat Update.
    Have they officially ruled Nougat out for the DTEK60? Last I heard, during the same interview when Thurber said that the Priv wasn't going to get N, he that he would "look into it" for the DTEKs.
    12-15-17 07:38 PM
    I really like my Dtek60, except for the battery. I have been thinking about the Motion, but don't want to give up the good speakers on the Dtek60. l'm lurking and waiting.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    12-16-17 01:11 PM
    Having examined both KeyOne and Motion images in depth (on this forum), with a few people sending me specific and credible "side by side" examples (shot same time, same subject, etc) IMHO the Motion has a slightly SUPERIOR camera to the KeyONE, especially in low light. They are DEFINITELY NOT the same sensor.

Neither has OIS (the Priv does, but the DTEK60 does not.) This means in low light if you do not hold the camera STEADY you will get terrible results. The Motion's form-factor makes this something that likely requires a bit more personal attention than the KeyONE, but if you get hosed by that it's the nut behind the shutter button that's responsible for the problem.
    So you reckon the motion has a better camera compared to the keyone? That's not what crackberry's motion review mentioned.
    12-16-17 07:15 PM
    Yep. It is objectively superior as far as I've been able to determine. The differences are not large but are real.
    12-16-17 07:41 PM
    I completely agree about "the nut behind the shutter". I appreciate your comments , you know what you're talking about.
    Where can I find the the "side by side" examples, because I am in doubt which one to buy.
    12-18-17 05:50 AM
    Read the "Blurry Camera" thread. I've put up several crops from different people who have sent me comparison shots between the Motion and KeyONE.
    12-18-17 09:21 AM
    Thanks. I've read them all now. My Wife has the DTek60 which makes great Photo's IMO. If the Motion's camera is better or at least as good as the Dtek60, I think I'll buy the Motion to replace my Passport.
    12-20-17 03:57 PM
    I have the Dtek60 and the Motion, Motion camera much better than the Dtek, bought the Motion on my vacation at Dubai after the first pictures with the Motion it became my official camera for the trip. pictures are really much better, pictures in the dark are blurry but fixable with touch focusing on what you want to focus on. Dtek pictures on the dark are not great ether. Front camera is really good on dark pictures. So if you ask me go for the Motion, you'll love it.
    12-20-17 07:25 PM
    Have any software updates improved the quality of pictures from the Motion’s camera? The reviews tend to agree that the camera isn’t that good. I’m considering a Motion or maybe a KeyOne but I think they both have cameras that aren’t that great.
    01-02-18 05:53 PM
    Have any software updates improved the quality of pictures from the Motion’s camera? The reviews tend to agree that the camera isn’t that good. I’m considering a Motion or maybe a KeyOne but I think they both have cameras that aren’t that great.
    I would say, you should wait one week till CES starts. May be, we will get a surprise from BlackBerry, a new generation of the KEYone could be launched.
    stodge likes this.
    01-04-18 03:05 AM
37 12