The specs on these two phones are quite similar. One has a bigger battery and newer OS but across the board their specs are not a whole lot different from each other.

I'm just looking for other people's thoughts and ideas on whether it would be better or not to move from the 60 to the Motion.
    11-14-17 10:51 AM
    Unless the motion has something you need.... DTEK60 isn't that old of a phone, keep using it and see what's out there later on.

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, Motion is bigger, longer lasting battery, newer version (and future versions) of Android and water resistant.
    11-14-17 11:15 AM
    If you want Oreo (or even Nougat for that matter), minimum two years of security patches, IP67, and MUCH improved battery and camera, then it's a big upgrade.

And don't worry, the 625 SoC on Nougat/Oreo is every bit as fast as the 820 SoC on Marshmallow - unless you are a gamer.
    Last edited by conite; 11-14-17 at 01:36 PM.
    11-14-17 11:35 AM
    The DTEK60 is a flagship device so it has high end specs to match. The problem with the DTEK series though is we don't know if they'll get any OS updates and monthly updates will probably run out in a year or so (when Google stops updating Marshmallow IIRC).

If you already have a DTEK60 and if it's not causing you any problems you might as well keep it and wait for BlackBerry's next touch device.
    11-14-17 12:55 PM
    Really like the Motion, but I'm not ready to upgrade yet. I am pretty much happy with my Dtek60 and PRIV combo. Right now Anyways could change in a month ,things change so quickly these days.🤔
    11-14-17 09:27 PM
    well the battery is bigger on the Motion and it will be getting the software updates at least to oreo so if you ask me it's a worth it upgrade but to be honest I have not used a DTEK60 or a Motion yet so I'm just going of what I heard in other people's opinions and what info has been provided via crackberry and other websites so I don't think I'm qualified to give you an answer on this but my idea is go for the BlackBerry Motion it looks like a very nice phone with some BlackBerry DNA in it too
    vincentkong likes this.
    11-15-17 09:01 AM
    I got my Motion yesterday (from Dubai), love it so far. I've gone through every Blackberry since the beginning and three DTEK60's (long story). I love the DTEK60, but got the motion for the increased battery life. Hope it holds up.
    rfaun likes this.
    11-15-17 12:20 PM
    I wish the Motion supported swipe shortcuts (correct me if I'm wrong) because swiping up from the home/back/square keys to open the hub feels so natural and BB10-esque.

I just spent a day or so using my dad's new Motion and although Nougat is very nice, I still love my DTEK 60.
    11-25-17 12:22 AM
    11-27-17 03:02 PM
    These are the two phones I've been comparing for the past couple of days. Right now I'm still on a BlackBerry OS10 device and would love to give a touch screen blackberry a chance.

Posted Via Porsche Design P'9983
    11-27-17 04:53 PM
    These are the two phones I've been comparing for the past couple of days. Right now I'm still on a BlackBerry OS10 device and would love to give a touch screen blackberry a chance.

Go with the Motion or stick with the BB10 device IMO. Unless the DTEK60 gets a surprise Nougat or Oreo update its monthly updates will stop soon (which is really bad on Android if you care about security).
    11-27-17 07:21 PM
    I upgraded from PRIV to Motion . The PRIV performance started worsening day by day coupled with the poor battery life. The updates had also stopped. Therefore for me Motion was the right device.
    11-28-17 12:49 AM

This was mostly my position. I was still using my Z30, and waiting for the ideal full touchscreen Blackberry device. I've been comparing the DTEK 60 and Motion for awhile. In the end, I got the Motion based on: price point, and that I could not find a DTEK 60 to test out. I could get a DTEK 60 unlocked for $550 CAD, or a Motion unlocked with Telus for free (basically $600, but free for two year extension with Telus). I wanted the OLED screen badly. In the end, I went with the Motion. I like it. I've had a Priv for work for awhile, so, many of the differences I'm already used to, but not everything.
    12-02-17 11:50 PM
    This is a nice review... one of those "great" workhorse BlackBerry phones which also has a disappointing camera... closer to DNA than I give it credit for.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-03-17 11:17 PM
    I keep hearing that the camera is disappointing - how much so (comparing to a DTEK60)? I need to ship my DTEK60 off for repair, so I'm temporarily using my old Priv again. Assuming that the Motion is coming to the US market, I am wondering if I should just save the money repairing my DTEK60 and instead buy a Motion.
    12-10-17 11:24 AM
    Dtek60: Faster CPU/GPU, Faster Wifi, Stronger Radiosignal?, Amoled Screen, Higher Resolution, Stereo speakers, Better Camera?

Motion: IP67 Certified, 4000 mAh Battery, Android N (O Maybe?)

What to choose?
    jackcarr likes this.
    12-14-17 02:05 PM
    The DTEK60s camera is not "better", it's DIFFERENT. Specifically, it has double the pixel count and thus will return more detail in brightly-lit scenes. However, there's no free lunch and it falls apart fast in lower light conditions, which is why everyone stopped putting high-MP count cameras in cellphones and moved toward mid-range pixel count (~12MP) shooters.

Neither camera has OIS; the Priv's does, but not the DTEK60s.
    12-14-17 03:41 PM
    Dtek60: Faster CPU/GPU, Faster Wifi, Stronger Radiosignal?, Amoled Screen, Higher Resolution, Stereo speakers, Better Camera?

What to choose?
    DTEK60: No future

Motion: Future(?)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    12-14-17 03:47 PM

What to choose?
    They've already said it will get Android O. Motion and KEYone.
    12-14-17 04:10 PM
    I keep hearing that the camera is disappointing - how much so (comparing to a DTEK60)? I need to ship my DTEK60 off for repair, so I'm temporarily using my old Priv again. Assuming that the Motion is coming to the US market, I am wondering if I should just save the money repairing my DTEK60 and instead buy a Motion.
    The camera is a bit disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I had a Priv before the Motion and I thought the Priv 's camera was phenomenal. So, compared to the Priv 's shots, it's a downgrade. I'm hoping that in the future a software upgrade might improve it a notch, but I'm not banking on it. In just about every other respect, with the exception of the speaker, it's an upgrade to the Priv. The sound quality from the mono speaker is OK, but nothing to write home about.

This is just me, but I am glad I bought it and left the Priv behind. The speed increase alone was worth the switch. This is a phone I can live with for a year to a year and a half.
    12-14-17 04:19 PM
    That's no guarantee. Did "They" mention a date?
    W'll see.
    12-14-17 05:17 PM

What to choose?
    That is the other thing too - stereo speakers. I watch a fair amount of videos on my DTEK60, and its stereo speakers are darn good. I've read that the Motion has a tinny sounding mono speaker - not appealing.
    12-15-17 10:41 AM
    The camera is a bit disappointing, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I had a Priv before the Motion and I thought the Priv 's camera was phenomenal. So, compared to the Priv 's shots, it's a downgrade. I'm hoping that in the future a software upgrade might improve it a notch, but I'm not banking on it. In just about every other respect, with the exception of the speaker, it's an upgrade to the Priv. The sound quality from the mono speaker is OK, but nothing to write home about.

This is just me, but I am glad I bought it and left the Priv behind. The speed increase alone was worth the switch. This is a phone I can live with for a year to a year and a half.
    I take a lot of pictures with my phone, and I've found that the DTEK60 generally takes better pictures than my Priv (being back on my Priv for a week has confirmed it). So this says a lot if the Motion camera is inferior even to to the Priv.

After putting a supposedly good camera in the KEYone, not sure why BlackBerry Mobile/TCL would go backwards here...
    12-15-17 10:44 AM
    Having examined both KeyOne and Motion images in depth (on this forum), with a few people sending me specific and credible "side by side" examples (shot same time, same subject, etc) IMHO the Motion has a slightly SUPERIOR camera to the KeyONE, especially in low light. They are DEFINITELY NOT the same sensor.

Neither has OIS (the Priv does, but the DTEK60 does not.) This means in low light if you do not hold the camera STEADY you will get terrible results. The Motion's form-factor makes this something that likely requires a bit more personal attention than the KeyONE, but if you get hosed by that it's the nut behind the shutter button that's responsible for the problem.
    12-15-17 11:28 AM
    They are DEFINITELY NOT the same sensor.
    The KEYone has the Sony IMX378 on the back, while the Motion has either the Omnivision OV12A10 or OV12870.
    12-15-17 11:37 AM
37 12