When I read through the specs of the Motion, the DragonTrail glass is somethnig that sparked my interest, because the industry standard is Gorilla glass and I hadn't heard of DragonTrail before.

There isn't a whole lot of recent information I can find on Google, but what is there seems to suggest that this glass is most comparable to Gorilla 2 or 3, when it comes to scratch resistance etc... does that still hold true?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-08-17 06:15 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragontrail

List of devices seems pretty good to me. it should be fine IMO
    10-08-17 06:45 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragontrail

List of devices seems pretty good to me. it should be fine IMO
    Yes, I read where James from Berryflow said the DTEK 60 had Dragontrail glass and it was equivalent to Gorilla glass
    10-08-17 07:35 PM
    Yeah, it's a standard hardened glass, should be roughly the equivalent of Gorilla Glass.

Regardless of glass on my screen I always use a screen protector though, and I recommend others to do the same.
    10-08-17 07:35 PM
    If Dragontail glass is so good, why haven't most of us heard of it?
    10-08-17 07:40 PM
    Good question...could be that Gorilla glass has the majority of the market (OEM'S) Kinda like Nike dominates the basketball shoe shoe market. But those less popular Sketcher shoes feel just as comfortable.
    10-08-17 07:47 PM
    Its still not used on the majority of phones therefore lesser known. Frankly the type of glass used in phones hasnt meant much to me in the last couple years because they all use a really good glass that no matter what will still break in the correct circumstances. So GG3 or 4 vs any other glass isnt as big a deal as say 4 years ago maybe
    10-08-17 08:35 PM
    Probably because the Gorilla Glass brand of tempered glass has become so established that most manufacturers (or maybe just ones like Apple & Samsung) are willing to pay extra just for the name recognition.
    10-08-17 08:40 PM
    Because people have short memories lol. It's like this subject never came up before.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...glass-1092934/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...glass-1080956/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aat-o-1080779/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...tition-727708/
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-glass-872097/
    10-10-17 10:50 AM
    My DTEK60 has no scratches or any problems with the glass. Had it since the release. I am careful with it though (wrapped in an Incipio case) and don't lay it down on the face. So for my purposes the DragonTrail works just fine.
    10-10-17 11:00 AM
    Don't blame me, blame the weed and scotch. Lol. Thanks for the humility lesson Bla1ze.
    10-10-17 01:10 PM
    Yep -- no scratches or other problems with the screen on my DTEK60 either.
    10-10-17 02:54 PM
    I'm guessing the reason we don't hear about it more is 1) consumer recognition (same goes for the snapdragon processors), 2) scale of manufacturing, and 3) contracts. When it first came out, it was more impact resistant than gorilla glass, but now the products are fairly close in durability.
    10-10-17 03:11 PM
    Tempered glass is harder (more scratch-resistant) but that process makes it more-likely to shatter too. There's no free lunch; you can "toughen" glass but as with all things in life there is a trade-off. The various "toughened" glass brands are all slight variations on the same thing; a tempering/doping process. It's not rocket science and the so-called "generations" of the various products are all incremental differences that do not produce material changes in the final product (but they do make for great marketing materials.)
    10-10-17 03:25 PM
    On my Dtek60 I have two scratches in first 3 months of release date of buying it and my other BlackBerry phones Z10, Z30, Leap, Classic ,Passport and Priv never had scratches. I treated the Dtek60 with special care knowing it really wasn't a true BlackBerry and it still got scratches. Still like phone though.
    10-13-17 09:01 PM
    Unfortantly the keyone screen knobs become less to unresponsive with tempered glass. I have to use the backbutton app to add virtual knobs anywhere on the sreen.(you can move them around, very handy).
    10-14-17 01:45 PM
    the Leap had dragontail glass if anyone cares.
    10-14-17 03:51 PM
    DTEK 60 has DragonTail glass and using it in the cold winters of Canada was a nightmare. The screen becomes very unresponsive in freezing temperatures.
    10-15-17 03:33 PM
    Yup, Totally Agree with you..
    Last week in Jasper hiking up to halfway up Whistlers Mountain it kept shutting down from the wind and cold so pulled out Passport then had no problem. Dtek60 isn't a real BlackBerry. With most phones going to glass all over BlackBerry will be better for Canadian winters Eh...
    10-16-17 02:49 PM
    I was up on the AT last (early) spring with some extremely cold overnights - no problems with my DTEK60 even in weather and wind cold enough to freeze your whiz before it hit the ground.....
    10-16-17 02:51 PM
    Your average consumer probably has never heard of Gorilla glass either.
    10-16-17 04:15 PM
    Dragontail glass can kill White Walkers (hit them with your phone).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    10-16-17 05:13 PM
    Dragontail glass can kill White Walkers (hit them with your phone).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    If that's true, I feel safer. White Walkers can be a buzz kill. I'm currently looking for a lanyard type case so I can hit them with a nunchucks type strike and still make it home safely. Any suggestions?
    10-16-17 05:41 PM
    They are both similar. Gorilla Glass is made by Corning Glass (famous for your mugs, glasses, dishes, ceramics) while Dragontrail is made by Asahi Glass company of Japan.

At the Vickers Hardness Rating, Gorilla Glass is rated at 701 while Dragontrail is rated at 673.
    10-17-17 07:26 PM