it may not have the fastest processor or the most memory, but it covers normal needs
    It has an amazing battery life, IP67 and the finish of the phone is the highest quality of all the TCL BlackBerry phones. Check out the brushed aluminum look frame, the soft touch back and post industrial design. Lovely. Pity it's VKP.
    I'm using it as a daily driver alongside a Key2LE. There aren't any slabs with such a distinctive design on the market.
    The most underrated phone in the BlackBerry range. I have all of them

anyone get me?
    cb900f2 likes this.
    06-03-20 07:41 AM
    Got it... enjoy.
    06-03-20 07:42 AM
    it may not have the fastest processor or the most memory, but it covers normal needs
    It has an amazing battery life, IP67 and the finish of the phone is the highest quality of all the TCL BlackBerry phones. Check out the brushed aluminum look frame, the soft touch back and post industrial design. Lovely. Pity it's VKP.
    I'm using it as a daily driver alongside a Key2LE. There aren't any slabs with such a distinctive design on the market.

anyone get me?
    While typing on my recently acquired Motion, I unfortunately, do get you, in a fellow sociopath at sociopath convention sort of way.....
    rarsen, anon(5597702) and Mecca EL like this.
    06-03-20 07:43 AM
    While typing on my recently acquired Motion, I unfortunately, do get you, in a fellow sociopath at sociopath convention sort of way.....
    Sociopath is the wrong word. You mean 'nerdy' or obsesssed sort of way
    06-03-20 09:34 AM
    Sociopath is the wrong word. You mean 'nerdy' or obsesssed sort of way
    No I picked the right word.

The first step to dealing with our "issue" is getting past the denial..

Since it's lunchtime, pass the liver and fava beans. While I'm up, how much Chianti shall I pour in your glass?
    06-03-20 09:46 AM
    Why shouldn't I tell others that you are happy? Good news is always welcome.
    06-04-20 09:33 AM
    Why shouldn't I tell others that you are happy? Good news is always welcome.
    I just contracted leprosy. I'm very happy about it.
    rarsen likes this.
    06-04-20 11:36 AM
    I just contracted leprosy. I'm very happy about it.
    Better than STD, amirite?
    conite likes this.
    06-04-20 06:28 PM
    My wife's iPhone 6S Plus received an update that pretty much had it crawling and she decided to get another phone. I told her that she would be well served by my BlackBerry Motion and she went for it. That was eight months ago. Still going strong. I made the permanent move to my KEYone Black Edition. She likes the Motion. Being that I already had the phone, it saved us from laying out quite a bit of money for a newer model iPhone.
    anon(5597702) and bh7171 like this.
    06-13-20 05:49 AM
    long long time BlackBerry owner here .... I just ordered a Motion to replace my KeyOne which the battery has been degrading to the point it only stays charged 1/2 day with minimal use. Motion will be delivered tomorrow. Really looking forward to its arrival !
    06-16-20 11:31 AM
    long long time BlackBerry owner here .... I just ordered a Motion to replace my KeyOne which the battery has been degrading to the point it only stays charged 1/2 day with minimal use. Motion will be delivered tomorrow. Really looking forward to its arrival !
    I suspect you’ll enjoy. I’ve been enjoying one for CrackBerry posting and such.
    06-16-20 05:43 PM
    I think you will like it. I have been using one for the last couple of years. My primary phone is a six and a half year old Z30. Today it seems the Z30 battery has gone bad. Since I am on Verizon, I plan to move my Key2le to that account. It's the only current BlackBerry model approved by V to be on their network. It's a nice phone but my first pkb. I have always used one of the BlackBerry vkb phones til I had to go with a BlackBerry that Verizon accepts. I really like the Motion vkb better and use it for big typing jobs. Enjoy!
    06-17-20 10:58 AM
    thanks ! I got the phone yesterday and am getting it all set up today with the apps I use etc. So far it seems really nice ! I also used a Z30 for years and loved that phone. Still have it and it still works great , just have to have certain apps for my job that won't work on Z30. Currently switching from KeyOne to the Motion.
    06-18-20 08:07 AM
    I think you will like it. I have been using one for the last couple of years. My primary phone is a six and a half year old Z30. Today it seems the Z30 battery has gone bad. Since I am on Verizon, I plan to move my Key2le to that account. It's the only current BlackBerry model approved by V to be on their network. It's a nice phone but my first pkb. I have always used one of the BlackBerry vkb phones til I had to go with a BlackBerry that Verizon accepts. I really like the Motion vkb better and use it for big typing jobs. Enjoy!
    If you really want a PKB... go for the KEY2 LE - if you can find one for a reasonable price.

If you are fine with a slab.... then even the reasonable priced ones are expensive for what you are getting - two year old midgrade hardware that's about to stop getting updates. Long run you be better off putting that $500 into a current phone sold on Verizon's website - and then if it's Android powered, using the HUB+ suite on it, and it will be almost as BlackBerry and the TCL phones are.
    06-18-20 09:44 AM

anyone get me?
    I totally get it. I love my Motion.
    dmlis likes this.
    06-27-20 02:37 AM
    From reading and watching the reviews of the TCL 10 Pro TCL obviously learned a lot in licensing BlackBerry and making the likes of the Motion. Flossy Carter's review along side the excellent A71 is pretty telling. The 10 Pro can now be had for @ 380 new on EBay. Android 10, 6.84in borderless and beautiful Amoled screen, 4500 battery, gorgeous build quality (hmm KeyOne, Motion and KeyTwo must have taught them a thing or two) very good camera after the update and 6GB/128GB. If TCL ups their support and finds a way into a carrier or two here in US they could make some noise. Imagine in a month or two when the 10 Pro is @ 300 or so. A path for Motion users to update. Throw on the BlackBerry suite and launcher and viola!
    07-07-20 01:27 AM
    From reading and watching the reviews of the TCL 10 Pro TCL obviously learned a lot in licensing BlackBerry and making the likes of the Motion. Flossy Carter's review along side the excellent A71 is pretty telling. The 10 Pro can now be had for @ 380 new on EBay. Android 10, 6.84in borderless and beautiful Amoled screen, 4500 battery, gorgeous build quality (hmm KeyOne, Motion and KeyTwo must have taught them a thing or two) very good camera after the update and 6GB/128GB. If TCL ups their support and finds a way into a carrier or two here in US they could make some noise. Imagine in a month or two when the 10 Pro is @ 300 or so. A path for Motion users to update. Throw on the BlackBerry suite and launcher and viola!
    Carriers would be more interested with a $400/phone than lower priced. Margins are the driver for carriers with substantial volume of course.
    07-07-20 06:50 AM
    Think US Carriers are bringing in Nokia to replace TCL at this point...

I've seen a number of reviews of the 10 PRO.... most all are good. But some question the the "value" and end up comparing it to other phones in this price range. Best Buy does carry it for $399 with activation with Verizon or AT&T... Or $450 without activation. (eBay isn't where I shop of new expensive phone.... I need warranty and carrier FULL support)

But in the end updates are the big question with TCL.... they don't have much of a history of offering much in the way of long term support. Plex did get Android 10 as promised.... but will it get 11 or 12? How many patches has it gotten?

But then will BlackBerry Suite even work on Android 11.... ?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-20 10:07 AM

I've seen a number of reviews of the 10 PRO.... most all are good. But some question the the "value" and end up comparing it to other phones in this price range. Best Buy does carry it for $399 with activation with Verizon or AT&T... Or $450 without activation. (eBay isn't where I shop of new expensive phone.... I need warranty and carrier FULL support)

But in the end updates are the big question with TCL.... they don't have much of a history of offering much in the way of long term support. Plex did get Android 10 as promised.... but will it get 11 or 12? How many patches has it gotten?

Nokia has been one of the best in terms of updates recently.
    07-07-20 01:02 PM
    Carriers would be more interested with a $400/phone than lower priced. Margins are the driver for carriers with substantial volume of course.
    Let's see if the carrier branded A71's outsell the unlocked. I think Midrange phones are far more geared towards purchases out right. Especially @ 3 months or more after release when prices inevitably come down.
    07-07-20 01:53 PM

I have read and seen similar about value. When it went on sale for 386 a week or two ago it was a steal.

The device's on EBay carry a warranty here in US like any other and the others will again soon drop the price.

TCL has already committed to Android 11 and 24 mo security patches for the 10 Pro with the commitment open to the possibility of additional. If they commit to 2 OS then Samsung and crew have to step it up further. (Although the A51 and A71 are screaming values already)

I don't have any doubt BlackBerry will continue to update the HUB Suite for 11. Android, like iOS, is now all about refinements and smaller tweaks. The overall UI's have not changed much in years. iOS is finally getting widgets and a semblance of an app drawer.
    07-07-20 02:02 PM
    I have read and seen similar about value. When it went on sale for 386 a week or two ago it was a steal.

The device's on EBay carry a warranty here in US like any other and the others will again soon drop the price.

TCL has already committed to Android 11 and 24 mo security patches for the 10 Pro with the commitment open to the possibility of additional. If they commit to 2 OS then Samsung and crew have to step it up further. (Although the A51 and A71 are screaming values already)

I don't have any doubt BlackBerry will continue to update the HUB Suite for 11. Android, like iOS, is now all about refinements and smaller tweaks. The overall UI's have not changed much in years. iOS is finally getting widgets and a semblance of an app drawer.
    Most all warranties have statements like "bought from official vendor". I've seen many times where that loop hole has been used to invalidate a warranty of a eBay purchase, or even an Amazon 3rd party purchase. It's an additional risk....

I do think that $400 phone are going to become the norm... but I suspect they'll still be mostly once sold by carriers that fully support them. Especially going to be tricky with 5G....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-20 03:11 PM
    Let's see if the carrier branded A71's outsell the unlocked. I think Midrange phones are far more geared towards purchases out right. Especially @ 3 months or more after release when prices inevitably come down.
    Which carriers have it? The flagships sell about 80-85% through USA carriers if memory serves. I suspect if not in USA carriers, it would be DOA here
    07-07-20 03:40 PM
    Which carriers have it? The flagships sell about 80-85% through USA carriers if memory serves. I suspect if not in USA carriers, it would be DOA here
    T-Mobile does..... well the A71 with 5G so it's $600. But if your a new customer you can get it for $300.

Not a lot of options from carriers in the $300 - $500 price range. There are a few choices, but then are there really a lot of buyers for phones in that price range in the USA?

My guess is carriers know what they are doing...

Folks here have talked about more and more people buying BYOD... but I usually only see that when they are bringing a $100 - $200 phone. Because there credit isn't good enough for the carrier's payments. I'm not sure there is a market for $300 - $500 phones here.

Do I pay $17 a month for a $400 phone that I can "live with"? Do I pay $20 a month for a phone that is pretty good? Or should I go with the $30 for the $700 phone I want? I'm not extravagant, so I'm not going after the $70 max daddy phone that's $1,600.

I don't see risking $400 on a phone that the carrier isn't going to do much to help me with if I have an issue, that may not fully work (wifi calling)... safer bet is to buy what everyone else is buying. That's a Samsung or Apple phone... Heck right now Verizon has the SE for $5 a month for 24 Months (with new line).
    07-08-20 09:03 AM
    T-Mobile does..... well the A71 with 5G so it's $600. But if your a new customer you can get it for $300.

Not a lot of options from carriers in the $300 - $500 price range. There are a few choices, but then are there really a lot of buyers for phones in that price range in the USA?

My guess is carriers know what they are doing...

Folks here have talked about more and more people buying BYOD... but I usually only see that when they are bringing a $100 - $200 phone. Because there credit isn't good enough for the carrier's payments. I'm not sure there is a market for $300 - $500 phones here.

Do I pay $17 a month for a $400 phone that I can "live with"? Do I pay $20 a month for a phone that is pretty good? Or should I go with the $30 for the $700 phone I want? I'm not extravagant, so I'm not going after the $70 max daddy phone that's $1,600.

I don't see risking $400 on a phone that the carrier isn't going to do much to help me with if I have an issue, that may not fully work (wifi calling)... safer bet is to buy what everyone else is buying. That's a Samsung or Apple phone... Heck right now Verizon has the SE for $5 a month for 24 Months (with new line).
    Just announced that VZW would carry A71 pricing information now in article.

https://www.androidcentral.com/galax...erizon-july-16
    07-08-20 11:06 AM
31 12