Doesnt look like any update for Nov or Dec .....

Hope Oct wasnt the end of any updates!..
    12-09-19 08:18 PM
    Doesnt look like any update for Nov or Dec .....

Hope Oct wasnt the end of any updates!..
    I think that was it.
    12-09-19 08:40 PM

You have crossed the finish line.
    chain13 likes this.
    12-09-19 09:01 PM
    Yup, our updates period concluded. Time for a new phone...
    12-10-19 01:51 AM
    I think that was it.
    Why?
    The Motion was released in December 2017. There should be 24 months, right?
    12-10-19 02:08 AM
    Why?
    I found multiple site listing October 2017 and one listing November 2017 but either way, 24 months of updates doesn’t necessarily translate into 24 patches. There’s some grey language to cover what the fine print and the lawyers don’t cover in the legalese
    melhiore likes this.
    12-10-19 05:15 AM
    Why?
    Well I guess this is a good time to point out the bright side to BB10, you don't have to depend on updates lol. You get what you get and that all that you get, not much changes

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-10-19 06:06 AM
    Why?
    It first went on sale Oct 22.
    12-10-19 06:44 AM
    So as there is no new phone with physical keyboard I need to stick to the Blackberry Motion still some more month, after the Key one I got a good offering of a used Motion but I miss the keyboard. BlackBerry love began with a curve than bold, Z10, Z30, Q10 which I still own, KeyOne and now Motion. If there is no new phone I might change to a different manufacturer. Key two is also left behind in some months.
    12-13-19 09:29 AM
    So as there is no new phone with physical keyboard I need to stick to the Blackberry Motion still some more month, after the Key one I got a good offering of a used Motion but I miss the keyboard. BlackBerry love began with a curve than bold, Z10, Z30, Q10 which I still own, KeyOne and now Motion. If there is no new phone I might change to a different manufacturer. Key two is also left behind in some months.
    The only others that are making a keyboard phone are UniHertz and F(x) Tec.

Every single other manufacturer is hell bent on offering nothing but slabs, while failing to see how crowded that space is and how good, established companies are already dominating it.

If I wanted a slab, WHY in the hell would I buy one from some unknown company that will bring little to no support and with uncertain future??
    No, I'd buy one from Samsung/Google/OnePlus.

That's MY logic.

But yet for some reason all these little slab manufacturers are racing at each other for whatever crumbs are left in that market
    12-13-19 11:17 AM
    No, I'd buy one from Samsung/Google/OnePlus.
    You wouldn't have said that about OnePlus a few years ago. Look how far they have come.

Now look at HMD Global (Nokia).
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    12-13-19 11:27 AM
    You wouldn't have said that about OnePlus a few years ago. Look how far they have come.
    That's not the point. There are too many slabs, and too many manufacturers from all kinds of company size/infrastructure making them.

You're implying that all these little slab makers will reach OnePlus's current success levels because they make slabs and the market wants slabs lol.

No, most of them will likely fail for not bringing something different to a saturated table, one which offers way better products than they ever could.
    12-13-19 11:30 AM
    That's not the point. There are too many slabs, and too many manufacturers from all kinds of company size/infrastructure making them.

You're implying that all these little slab makers will reach OnePlus's current success levels because they make slabs and the market wants slabs lol.

No, most of them will likely fail for not bringing something different to a saturated table, one which offers way better products than they ever could.
    Good product will find its way.

Between 2013 and 2019, Huawei went from 4% to 18% market share, Xiaomi went from 3% to 8%, and Oppo went from nothing to 9% - all in the "crowded" slab space.

As in any business, many will fail. But throwing a keyboard on a phone makes success even less likely.
    Last edited by conite; 12-13-19 at 12:03 PM.
    Mecca EL and branflakes like this.
    12-13-19 11:37 AM
    Good product will find its way.

Between 2013 and 2019, Huawei went from 4% to 18% market share, Xiaomi went from 3% to 8%, and Oppo went from nothing to 9% - all in the "crowded" slab space.

As in any business, many will fail. But throwing a keyboard on a phone makes success even less likely.
    That's barely a handful out of dozens of tiny manufacturers.

I don't think a PKB will guarantee failure but the product must be good, competitively priced and not have the BlackBerry name on it.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    12-13-19 12:08 PM
    Keeping my Motion -- works too well with my Tesla!
    12-15-19 01:13 AM
    That's barely a handful out of dozens of tiny manufacturers.

I don't think a PKB will guarantee failure but the product must be good, competitively priced and not have the BlackBerry name on it.
    Is the pkp is on the front screen then no it won't have many customers but if it's a slide in then it will be a market for both portrait and landscape modes
    12-15-19 05:02 AM
    Too bad BBM wasn't removed in an update, can only disable even though it no longer exists.
    Plus with Motion looking to be EOL, Motion forum isn't getting much traffic.
    12-19-19 09:31 AM
    Too bad BBM wasn't removed in an update, can only disable even though it no longer exists.
    Plus with Motion looking to be EOL, Motion forum isn't getting much traffic.
    Without much traffic here, it will be assumed that there isn't much interest in a Motion 2.0
    12-20-19 07:26 AM
    Keeping my Motion -- works too well with my Tesla!
    But for how long?

No patches means every month it's less and less secure. And now we have some known vulnerabilities that make owning a non-patched Android a concern.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-20-19 07:47 AM
    Without much traffic here, it will be assumed that there isn't much interest in a Motion 2.0
    There isn't....

The "market" doesn't value what BlackBerry offered in NAME, SECURITY or APPS at the "premium" they (BlackBerry and TCL) charged. With the PKB, BBMo was the only game in town, so some showed up for it - but even then there wasn't enough.
    12-20-19 07:53 AM
    Oh there's probably interest, or was, but most aren't gonna wait around when other smartphone manufactures are moving forward at a fairly rapid pace. As the old saying goes "you snooze you lose".
    melhiore likes this.
    12-21-19 12:09 PM
    Given how few have appeared on the secondary market, there must not have been many produced after the carriers and retailers passed on it.

It would be a great utility slab for me at the right price.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-21-19 02:54 PM
    Part of the problem selling BlackBerry phones, whether a PKB or slab with VKB or a slider, is that BlackBerry and its licensed phone makers don't advertise their products outside of fairly narrow channels such as CrackBerry and similar forums.

When was the last time a BlackBerry phone ad appeared in the same spaces as iPhone or Samsung or Huawei or even OnePlus or ... Nokia.

I live in Canada, birthplace of BlackBerry yet when friends and family and business colleagues see my BlackBerry Motion they all say "I didn't know you could still buy BlackBerry phones", followed by " Heh? it doesn't have a PKB!"
    12-26-19 04:41 PM