I have a friend who can bring me back from the Emirates the Motion. I am trying to understand if it comes unlocked, but there are no info about that.

Usually outside the States there are no phones locked to carrier but I would need to be sure before purchasing a phone that I cannot use.. Or I need to unlock

Thanks!!
    10-17-17 09:19 AM
    Yes, it is unlocked, but there plenty of question as to whether the "roaming" LTE bands are fully usable right now. It's not the NA model, which may or may not impact you, in other words and as far as I know nobody knows if it will, so the risk is on you.

Also, expect no warranty (which is common for gray-market imports.)
    10-17-17 09:22 AM
    Yes, it is unlocked, but there plenty of question as to whether the "roaming" LTE bands are fully usable right now. It's not the NA model, which may or may not impact you, in other words and as far as I know nobody knows if it will, so the risk is on you.

Also, expect no warranty (which is common for gray-market imports.)
    Yep.. I give the other assumptions for granted and part of the "risk" of purchasing outside the US.. Worst case scenario I am going to write a nice hands on of the device even if it is not usable on US network and keep it on wifi (even if not the safest situation today lol).
    The Motion is not a 1000$+ phone so I can take the risk
    10-17-17 09:57 AM
    Being on T-Mobile that Band12 actually works and that the IMS/VoLTE capability, plus WiFi calling, works is critical to me. I'd be quite interested in getting one (and want one when it shows up here) but I'm not about to buy two of them with only one usable....
    10-17-17 10:29 AM
    I will let you know once I get it and try it..
    10-17-17 01:50 PM