So does anyone actually use the Locker app?

I only started recently. Funny thing is that I've already forgotten my password. My fingerprint works though. So I guess I have that for now.

Fingerprint software seems to be less finicky than logging into the phone. I constantly need to try multiple times when logging into the phone. But it always works on the first try for the locker.

How "safe" would you say it is to save credit card information in it? I have a low limit credit card that I don't like carrying with me, but need it once in awhile. I'm considering taking a photo of the front and back, and leaving it in the locker.

Good or terrible idea?
    06-17-19 09:07 AM
    How "safe" would you say it is to save credit card information in it? I have a low limit credit card that I don't like carrying with me, but need it once in awhile. I'm considering taking a photo of the front and back, and leaving it in the locker.

Good or terrible idea?
    Would you store that info anywhere else on your device if Locker wasn't an option? If so, then you're adding a layer of security to something you'd do already. If there's no way ever you'd hold that info on your device, then you should probably not do it.
    06-17-19 09:37 AM
    So does anyone actually use the Locker app?

I only started recently. Funny thing is that I've already forgotten my password. My fingerprint works though. So I guess I have that for now.

Fingerprint software seems to be less finicky than logging into the phone. I constantly need to try multiple times when logging into the phone. But it always works on the first try for the locker.

Good or terrible idea?
    I use the locker mostly for certain apps I have installed. I'd say that it would be fine to store photos of your credit card in Locker. Even if your phone and/or Locker was hacked & the attacker got your card info you should have card protection & reimbursement from your card issuer. If you don't then you need to cancel that account & get a card with an issuer who does offer protection & reimbursement.
    06-17-19 10:05 AM
    Would you store that info anywhere else on your device if Locker wasn't an option? If so, then you're adding a layer of security to something you'd do already. If there's no way ever you'd hold that info on your device, then you should probably not do it.
    Typically, I would not.

Mostly because I store all my photos on my micro sd card. Which I don't believe is encrypted, since whenever I need to make big changes to it I just remove it and put in my PC to do it (and obviously it works).
    06-17-19 12:40 PM
    Sure do! I have documents etc that I lock in there all the time!
    06-17-19 12:52 PM
    until my wife hacked into it
    Gatmyer likes this.
    06-17-19 03:30 PM
    She clearly doesn't respect your privacy & must not trust you. Problems for any relationship.
    06-17-19 03:33 PM
    She clearly doesn't respect your privacy & must not trust you. Problems for any relationship.
    I been a bad boy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    06-17-19 03:42 PM
    I been a bad boy
    Well you know the old saying: "Boys will be boys".
    06-17-19 03:49 PM
    Well you know the old saying: "Boys will be boys".
    Absolutely. Man nature to hide things in the locker and get caught ๐Ÿ˜
    06-17-19 03:50 PM
    Absolutely. Man nature to hide things in the locker and get caught
    When I start new romantic relationships I establish ground rules that include respecting my privacy, giving trust, accepting that I'm a flawed person as is everyone & DON'T TOUCH MY PHONE!
    06-17-19 03:57 PM
    When I start new romantic relationships I establish ground rules that include respecting my privacy, giving trust, accepting that I'm a flawed person as is everyone & DON'T TOUCH MY PHONE!

Until they get to comfy ๐Ÿคฆ*โ™‚๏ธ
    06-17-19 04:03 PM
    Until they get to comfy *
    Yeah that always seems to happen eventually.
    06-17-19 04:08 PM
    Mostly on my KEYone BE now, but was on the Motion for well over a year and never used it.
    06-17-19 05:54 PM
    Sure do! I have documents etc that I lock in there all the time!
    Me too, and it's really useful.

Though I do have two big issues with Locker for Document Storage:
    1. I can create new folders within Locker, but am not able to move documents into these new folders - any advice anybody?
    2. It's a hell of a palaver to move documents into Locker in the first place

It makes me think that the Locker development was curtailed half-way through before the 'sensible functionality' was created, eg there are workarounds for the two issues detailed above, but Locker is still missing some 'Should Have' functionality.
    06-18-19 02:39 AM
    Yes.. and loving it
    06-19-19 05:02 AM
    I reverse engineered the early version of the Locker app and while the new version is a bit different, the way it hides your files is exactly the same: it puts all your files in a subdirectory called Locker. The OS is hardcoded to never display this subdirectory to normal user without a special permission. The files are NOT encrypted in any way, and a forensic tool can easily find and extract the Locker contents.

Now the first few OS versions had broken locker implementations: Only the BlackBerry native file browser was restricted from seeing the Locker subdirectory, but this subdirectory was still exposed to the rest of OS, and if you used a 3rd party file browser, you could navigate into your supposedly secure files. This was been fixed in recent OS releases, but again, the key point is that the files are just hidden, but not protected by encryption..
    skilas likes this.
    06-22-19 12:58 AM
    Nope, never had any real need for that... Yet...
    06-22-19 04:25 AM
    Locker is useful... I put real estate documents in the locker a lot...
    06-29-19 09:49 AM
    I use it. I use the Ashley Madison app, and obviously want keep that app discrete. Also some photos and documents. Works good with the fingerprint lock. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    06-30-19 03:54 PM
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    06-30-19 03:55 PM
    it just few minutes ago ,installed locker app.
    I don't know whether phone are wiped or reset will locker the docs will remain.
    06-30-19 08:31 PM
    it just few minutes ago ,installed locker app.
    I don't know whether phone are wiped or reset will locker the docs will remain.
    No, a factory reset completely erases every single file that's on a phone.
    yeo123 likes this.
    06-30-19 09:16 PM
    Have used it just to try it. Fingerprint sensor seems better than overall phone print sensor.
    07-20-19 03:59 AM
    Have used it just to try it. Fingerprint sensor seems better than overall phone print sensor.
    I find the same. Not sure if the level of security is just "more" to get into the phone.
    07-26-19 01:07 PM