I had the motion and the Keyone is far superior. Battery life may be bigger on the motion but it's not a big enough difference to be noticeable. TCL is smart to keep the focus on PKBs because this is the segment of buyers they need to cater too. There just isn't a lot of blackberry people that use touch screens for TLC to care.
    The motion sold fairly well? Why wouldn’t they cater to people who like an all touch device though? Damn... looks like I’ll stick with the motion until they bring out the next..
    02-13-18 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry hardening of the Android kernel
    DTEK software
    BlackBerry VKB
    Focus on sturdy design with large battery
    BlackBerry launcher

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ^This. I hope that while they're avoiding a new slab in 2018, that they'll make one in 2019...around the time my motion will be getting long in the tooth and ready for replacement.

I'm not interested in a PKB device anymore, but I am interested in BlackBerry.
    Nikizzz likes this.
    02-13-18 03:44 PM
    Yeah those aren't very good reasons in my book to sacrifice a better phone with better features:

Wireless charging
    Faster processor - a 2018 processor (rather than one from 2016)
    Bigger screen
    Better screen
    Sturdy design? The KeyOne's screen fell out! lol
    Better camera

The battery - I'll give you that one

There is far more upside for BBMobile to distinguish themselves with a physical keyboard devices. At least that's what I'm waiting for - a KeyOne XL
    I am evenly split between PKB and VKB, but there isn't a single feature you mention that has any particular value to me. I find the Motion too big already, hardly ever use my phone's camera, charge my phone in too many places for wireless to be practical, never need or want more processing power, etc.

All that means of course is that armed segmentation and product differentiation matters. One size does not fit all.

02-13-18 04:06 PM
    BlackBerry hardening of the Android kernel
    DTEK software
    BlackBerry VKB
    Focus on sturdy design with large battery
    BlackBerry launcher

Agreed, BlackBerry objectively brings enough to touch based devices to make them stand on their own. It's just a shame that their pricing causes many to look elsewhere.
    02-13-18 05:07 PM
    Agreed, BlackBerry objectively brings enough to touch based devices to make them stand on their own. It's just a shame that their pricing causes many to look elsewhere.
    I'm happy to pay a reasonable premium for a well-thought out offering. There's a huge difference between the Motion and KEYone and budget phones, in my opinion. The budget phones just feel like a collection of specs to hit a price point. The KEYone and Motion really feel like premium devices with mid level processors and memory.

02-13-18 05:17 PM
    I would never use these phones without cases. Yes they are built well but when you drop them they can scratch and dent. That can seriously harm re-sale value
    I can never bring myself to use a case. It reminds me of my grandmother putting plastic on her furniture. Lol.
    Last edited by conite; 02-13-18 at 08:37 PM.
    02-13-18 07:06 PM
    No no I think it’s great that they are releasing a pkb blackberry again but 2 pkbs? Really needed? Why not another slab like the motion!
    Just saying haha
    Well nobody really knows what they have planned besides a KEYtwo...so maybe ...just maybe it may appease the priv owners?

Who knows , but the motion was just released. I really didn't think we would see another slab in 18
    02-13-18 08:08 PM
    OK. Sorry you're disappointed and hope u get over it some day.

On the otherhand.. you have people like me who prefer the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and glad they're going that route. It's also where BlackBerry have a competitive advantage so it makes good business sense as slab and boring come a dime a dozen no matter how good they are.

You'll get another slab soon try not to get stressed about it.
    Now that earns a Double Woof!
    02-13-18 08:33 PM
    I can never being myself to use a case. It reminds me of my grandmother putting plastic on her furniture. Lol.
    Now we know how old you are...lol.

It was not plastic but........slip covers..........
    Attached Thumbnails Disappointed...-66965d15-005c-49c2-afa0-3f8b50fb2c98.jpeg  
    02-13-18 08:34 PM
    I am a sucker for a pretty face (KeyOne). I love mine and am glad I bought it. I am looking forwards to the next version(s). The KeyOne stands out against all other slab phones which are a dime a dozen. The KeyOne looks awesome from all angles and feels great in the hand-el perfecto phone in my opinion. Can the upcoming keyboard phones get better ? I await with baited breathe. ahhaaha
    02-14-18 11:07 AM
    I can never bring myself to use a case. It reminds me of my grandmother putting plastic on her furniture. Lol.
    I never had a case on my 9000 with that lovely leather back, but Dtek60 is much too slippery and the camera sticks out too far. Have to use an Amzer Duopro case. I might get brave again if I get a Motion.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    02-14-18 01:03 PM
36 12