So I’ve read the news about blackberry or tlc releasing 2 blackberry physical keyboard phones.. pretty disappointing when the motion is a well built device and a lot of people really love it like me!
    02-13-18 12:14 AM
    OK. Sorry you're disappointed and hope u get over it some day.

On the otherhand.. you have people like me who prefer the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and glad they're going that route. It's also where BlackBerry have a competitive advantage so it makes good business sense as slab and boring come a dime a dozen no matter how good they are.

You'll get another slab soon try not to get stressed about it.
    Ingear, Qorax, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    02-13-18 12:29 AM
    OK. Sorry you're disappointed and hope u get over it some day.

On the otherhand.. you have people like me who prefer the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and glad they're going that route. It's also where BlackBerry have a competitive advantage so it makes good business sense as slab and boring come a dime a dozen no matter how good they are.

You'll get another slab soon try not to get stressed about it.
    No no I think it’s great that they are releasing a pkb blackberry again but 2 pkbs? Really needed? Why not another slab like the motion!
    Just saying haha
    Qorax likes this.
    02-13-18 12:34 AM
    So I’ve read the news about blackberry or tlc releasing 2 blackberry physical keyboard phones.. pretty disappointing when the motion is a well built device and a lot of people really love it like me!
    I am using the Motion since it's launch. My last device was the PRIV and the Passport. PKB is place where BlackBerry has edge over the competition and I still feel it has a good market amongst BlackBerry die hard fans. My next device after motion shall be the KeyOne Bronze edition or the new PKB device which BlackBerry is launching in 2018.
    I am very sure Motion will have a successor as the device has been quite successful in select markets.
    Nikizzz likes this.
    02-13-18 01:33 AM
    TBH I am looking forward to the PKB device. I did not get KeyOne because I did not like the screen size/format. If the next device will get full HD screen and PKB I will probably bite...
    Ingear and Nikizzz like this.
    02-13-18 02:22 AM
    TBH I am looking forward to the PKB device. I did not get KeyOne because I did not like the screen size/format. If the next device will get full HD screen and PKB I will probably bite...
    As per the aspect ratio, the KEYᴼᴺᴱ does have a full HD screen. If you are wanting a traditional 16:9 or the newer 18.5:9 ratio then you will be disappointed.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-13-18 03:22 AM
    No no I think it’s great that they are releasing a pkb blackberry again but 2 pkbs? Really needed? Why not another slab like the motion!
    Just saying haha
    One of them most likely will be the KeyTWO. So in fact there'd be only one new PKB device.

Another slab from BlackBerry should actually not be made, though it'd be. Imo, they should stick with the Motion alone and keep releasing yearly new [updated] iterations of it, aka Motion-2, 3 etc.
    Nikizzz and Ingear like this.
    02-13-18 05:52 AM
    I'd go for an updated slab in a year or two with a massive battery like this one. There are always hardware improvements.
    Nikizzz likes this.
    02-13-18 12:07 PM
    Just saying haha
    Why not just get any other slab (there are so many awesome ones out) and just put the HUB+ suite of apps on there. I don't understand why people would be asking for yet another slab when there is little to no differentiation between a version produced by Blackberry?
    Qorax and Ingear like this.
    02-13-18 12:37 PM
    Why not just get any other slab (there are so many awesome ones out) and just put the HUB+ suite of apps on there. I don't understand why people would be asking for yet another slab when there is little to no differentiation between a version produced by Blackberry?
    BlackBerry hardening of the Android kernel
    DTEK software
    BlackBerry VKB
    Focus on sturdy design with large battery
    BlackBerry launcher

Posted with my trusty Z10
    aecgda, Ingear, branflakes and 1 others like this.
    02-13-18 12:41 PM
    Yeah those aren't very good reasons in my book to sacrifice a better phone with better features:

Wireless charging
    Faster processor - a 2018 processor (rather than one from 2016)
    Bigger screen
    Better screen
    Sturdy design? The KeyOne's screen fell out! lol
    Better camera

The battery - I'll give you that one

There is far more upside for BBMobile to distinguish themselves with a physical keyboard devices. At least that's what I'm waiting for - a KeyOne XL
    melhiore and Qorax like this.
    02-13-18 12:56 PM
    Sturdy design? The KeyOne's screen fell out! lol
    Despite a subset of the initial batch of KEYᵒⁿᵉs which had some issues, both the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion are built like tanks. Both have passed JerryRig with flying colors.

They are one of very few phones that you would consider using without a case.

Sime0n_S likes this.
    02-13-18 01:46 PM
    Considering there are only 8 phones on his shelf of shame and the KeyOne is one of them - I would hardly call it flying colours - they passed.
    Adam Matlock likes this.
    02-13-18 01:48 PM
    Considering there are only 8 phones on his shelf of shame and the KeyOne is one of them - I would hardly call it flying colours - they passed.
    See the above video. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ was taken off the shelf, and the company was commended.

Also note the other aspects of the tests where the BBMo devices did extremely well - he was highly impressed.
    02-13-18 01:52 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MnAx1qdJiba93o

Still up there on his youtube channel - anyway, whatever... They're sturdy but they're nothing exceptional.
    02-13-18 01:55 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MnAx1qdJiba93o

Still up there on his youtube channel - anyway, whatever... They're sturdy but they're nothing exceptional.
    They are quite exceptional actually. Did you see the video where he took it down? Did you see CBK's video? Have you read all the reviews regarding the premium/durable build quality? Have you used either one extensively?

You can complain about other design/pricepoint decisions like horsepower or camera, but you have to be fair and give credit where credit is due - and not just to the battery. These are sturdy!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-13-18 01:59 PM
    Yes, I've seen all of the videos...I've seen CBK's (who is technically a spokesman btw). I've owned two of them - the Indian KeyOne and the regular KeyOne that I purchased day #1 from Selfridges in England. I'm currently using a Note 8 - and the build quality is equally exceptional.
    02-13-18 02:01 PM
    Yes, I've seen all of the videos...I've seen CBK's (who is technically a spokesman btw). I've owned two of them - the Indian KeyOne and the regular KeyOne that I purchased day #1 from Selfridges in England. I'm currently using a Note 8 - and the build quality is equally exceptional.
    Drop them both 5 times on the road, and get back to me.

The Note 8 is an awesome device, but I wouldn't call it sturdy/durable.
    02-13-18 02:04 PM
    No thanks - it's sturdy enough in a case - as all glass phones need to be.

I'm a big fan of the keyone and I look forward to their other 2 keyboard devices - I just don't think "sturdy" would be a reason I'd opt for a BB Slab over a traditional slab - which is how this whole argument started anyway.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-13-18 02:07 PM
    I'm currently using a Note 8 - and the build quality is equally exceptional.
    So you're saying KEYone is on par with a device that costs £420 more. Got it.
    Laura Knotek and Adam Matlock like this.
    02-13-18 02:08 PM
    I'm actually saying that build quality would not be a reason that I would opt for a blackberry slab vs. any other slab.
    I'm actually saying that build quality would not be a reason that I would opt for a blackberry slab vs. any other slab.
    02-13-18 02:10 PM

I'm a big fan of the keyone and I look forward to their other 2 keyboard devices - I just don't think "sturdy" would be a reason I'd opt for a BB Slab over a traditional slab - which is how this whole argument started anyway.
    I get it, but sturdiness is a factor for some, and the Motion is one of the few that offers that.

I personally, would not be interested in a BlackBerry Mobile slab - I would probably look at a OnePlus. But I'm totally on-board with the pkb offerings.
    02-13-18 02:16 PM
    I get it, but sturdiness is a factor for some, and the Motion is one of the few that offers that.

I personally, would not be interested in a BlackBerry Mobile slab - I would probably look at a OnePlus. But I'm totally on-board with the pkb offerings.
    That we can agree on! Eagerly awaiting any details on those devices!

Cheers
    02-13-18 02:18 PM

No slab phone is "sturdy". Drop it - and it will break. If not the first time - consider it a miracle.

The PKB (with a nice chin) and some noticeable bezel with a steel outerframe makes the phones sturdier than the slabs.

Besides the erstwhile BlackBerries I find the Passport to be Godamn unbreakable, vis-a-vis all other phones out there. That is indeed some 'construction' right there ~ the KeyONE is close.
    02-13-18 02:42 PM
    At least that's what I'm waiting for - a KeyOne XL
    Yes please...
    02-13-18 02:49 PM
36 12