Why when I set the screen lock on the Convenience key, is it always after unlocking the smartphone that the fingerprint fails and the system asks for a PIN?
    The standard lock button works normally, but the Convenience key + screen lock does not allow you to then screen the square with a square fingerprint.
    Why?
    12-19-17 10:37 AM
    Why would you want to have two buttons that do the same thing?
    12-19-17 01:07 PM
    Why would you want to have two buttons that do the same thing?
    Cos it's more convenient for him to have it on the right side. It is the Convenience key after all.
    12-21-17 01:59 AM
    Starting with Android 7.0, apps that use the assistant option to lock the screen would cause it to ask for the pin everytime, even when using the fingerprint scanner.

This can be fixed on a rooted device, or by OEMs when they put their software together (since they have access to the system).

Some OEMs were nice enough to include this in their devices. A screen lock button or shortcut that works well on Android 7.0.

However, BlackBerry, did not. They just kept the same old shortcut from the Priv and Dteks, all of which are on 6.0 and can use the regular lock apps (seriously, download one from Google Play and try it)

They just haven't bothered updating it and probably won't, because remember, they don't actually care about consumers anymore.
    12-21-17 03:56 AM