I am trying to move everything from my Priv to my newly acquired Motion. I am using the Blackberry Content Transfer app, and it appears to be working fine. It is taking a really, really long time. (I have over 3000 contacts, 6000 pictures, plus the 3500 text messages, apps, etc.)

But, I think I am going to have to stop it and try again when I have more time for it to finish.

I put a new (larger) SD card in the Motion. I assume the apps move from internal storage on one to internal storage on the other. And, the same for contacts, SMS, etc.

But, I am wondering where are the pictures being transferred to? Are all the ones on the existing SD card being moved to the new SD card? Or, are they moving from existing SD to new internal memory? (There won't be enough room.) Or, are *only* the internal memory pictures being moved, and I'll need to manually move the ones on the SD?

I can't find any explanation on the app website or Blackberry or anywhere else.
    08-06-19 06:01 PM
    Content Transfer doesn't back up apps... just some apps data.

Content Transfer doesn't like HUGE amounts of data.... I suspect it will never transfer all of that. I'd break it down into separate exports and imports.

Personally.... I'd let Google handle the backup and restore between the two Android Devices.
    08-07-19 11:49 AM
    They're going to internal memory I believe. Personally, I wouldn't use Content Transfer for photos and videos. That's usually what causes the app to fail because it takes so long and the files are larger. You could zip up all the files and upload them somewhere and then download them and save them to your new SD card faster than Content Transfer can even move them or just use a computer to move them manually.
    08-07-19 11:49 AM
    Thanks for all the input. Very helpful.
    08-07-19 12:07 PM