Yesterday I did a factory reset on BBD100-1 and have been able to pair my phone with the car (2017 Subaru Forester) successfully to make and receive calls.
    Despite asking car to download phone book from phone and also giving permission to the phone to do so, no contacts are downloaded. (I have to use keypad on audio to make / dial calls).
    The car system keeps saying waiting for permission from phone.
    As I have not encountered this issue before (prior to reset contacts were in the car system) is there anything I should do on the phone to allow this transfer?
    TIA
    11-16-18 10:30 AM
    Try unpairing from phone and car, then pair again.
    May just be a glitch. Never been asked for permission to copy phonebook.

Yesterday I did a factory reset on BBD100-1 and have been able to pair my phone with the car (2017 Subaru Forester) successfully to make and receive calls.
    Despite asking car to download phone book from phone and also giving permission to the phone to do so, no contacts are downloaded. (I have to use keypad on audio to make / dial calls).
    The car system keeps saying waiting for permission from phone.
    As I have not encountered this issue before (prior to reset contacts were in the car system) is there anything I should do on the phone to allow this transfer?
    TIA
    11-16-18 11:48 AM
    Thanks for suggestion, have already tried that as well as removing phone form car audio to no effect!
    11-16-18 11:56 AM
    Am still trying to get my contacts to upload to the car audio. Having deleted phone, reset car and repaired the Motion and car (several times) I occasionally see a brief message on the phone to the effect that "message transfer request" with a yes and no press button. I have yet to be able to press the yes button before the screen vanishes. I cannot see any way to retrieve this notification and press the "yes".
    The car audio displays the following message " you may need to operate your device to allow access to your contacts. Waiting for device....."
    Any ideas as to what I should "operate on my device"?
    11-17-18 12:37 PM
    Tried again today and am pleased to say that contacts have now transferred. No idea what has changed!
    11-19-18 04:06 PM
    I experienced the same thing with my Q10 and Ford Sync. I still don't know what I did differently.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-18 10:29 PM