After updating my Motion to Oreo this morning, it is constantly rebooting.

I checked for app updates after the system update and a few updated. Facebook failed and I uninstalled it as I thought it was the cause of the reboots.

But, I'm getting the reboots even going into Gmail to open an email.

I've done the 32 second reboot/battery reset. Any other suggestions?
    08-25-18 11:08 AM
    After updating my Motion to Oreo this morning, it is constantly rebooting.

I checked for app updates after the system update and a few updated. Facebook failed and I uninstalled it as I thought it was the cause of the reboots.

But, I'm getting the reboots even going into Gmail to open an email.

I've done the 32 second reboot/battery reset. Any other suggestions?
    Factory reset.
    08-25-18 11:13 AM
    Thanks, conite. I didn't want to factory reset.

If anyone else has the problem, here's what I did and it seems to be working.

1. Went into Settings - System - Reset Options and chose reset app permissions.
    2. Opened all apps and set the permissions as prompted.

Phone seems fine now. I reinstalled Facebook and it's working fine too.

I'm sure it was an app or two having an issue post-upgrade.

Now to play in Oreo and see what's changed and what settings I need to adjust.
    08-25-18 12:59 PM
    I had two reboots yesterday after Oreo upgrade. So far today it is stable. I haven't done anything to try to fix what I could not see happen . . . One I was in Google Play looking at aps. he next I was just about to enter Facebook, but reboot stopped me.
    08-26-18 04:04 PM
    UPDATE: About an hour or so after all the app permissions were reset, the reboots returned (every few minutes, no matter what I was doing on the phone).

I ended up doing a factory reset and am SORELY disappointed by Android Backup. That was a pain in the ***. So many settings and data does not get restored.

Since the reset, the phone has been fine...no reboots.
    08-27-18 10:18 AM
    my motion is rebooting itself too, i tried reseting app permissions and factory resets couple of times and still not fixed. I contacted blackberry today for a warranty service request. I`m so disappointed. i love this phone it has been 2 months since i bought it and one sloppy update ruined it :S
    08-28-18 11:17 PM
    my motion is rebooting itself too, i tried reseting app permissions and factory resets couple of times and still not fixed. I contacted blackberry today for a warranty service request. I`m so disappointed. i love this phone it has been 2 months since i bought it and one sloppy update ruined it :S
    Try a clean install of the OS with the Mobile Upgrade Tool.
    08-28-18 11:30 PM
    My phone has not rebooted all day. It had gotten to the point I did not trust it- having seen it reboot at least half dozen times a day. How did I fix it?
    I am clueless.
    The only thing I changed was to go into the Notification Channels for Facebook, which had started to notify with sound. I reset all notifications in Facebook to off, and then notify silently. If that is a possible fix, who knows? It certainly was easier to try than doing a complete reset.
    08-29-18 08:18 PM
    Been reading about this issue since the Oreo update. Have not experienced it at all yet. Will post if it starts.
    08-31-18 10:13 AM
    My phone has not rebooted all day. It had gotten to the point I did not trust it- having seen it reboot at least half dozen times a day. How did I fix it?
    I am clueless.
    The only thing I changed was to go into the Notification Channels for Facebook, which had started to notify with sound. I reset all notifications in Facebook to off, and then notify silently. If that is a possible fix, who knows? It certainly was easier to try than doing a complete reset.
    Oh well. I guess I spoke too soon. It rebooted on the third day. But, One time in three days is better than 6 in one day. Still not happy though. I thought this sort of problem would not be an issue with Android.
    08-31-18 12:55 PM
    Oh well. I guess I spoke too soon. It rebooted on the third day. But, One time in three days is better than 6 in one day. Still not happy though. I thought this sort of problem would not be an issue with Android.
    Do you have an mSD card installed? I wonder if that might be the source of the problem.
    08-31-18 04:53 PM
    Do you have an mSD card installed? I wonder if that might be the source of the problem.
    I do -

I had also written to Blackberry via the Support Center app in phone. They responded very quickly, and said to do a factory reset.

So, after that process and resetting all the apps for the third time since unpacking my new Motion, so far so good. This has made me quite proficient at opening my apps and setting them up after doing the process again for the third time- Also, I have very slow WiFi- so it is an exceedingly slow process. But, it is done. And I am monitoring to see if it stays stable.
    09-01-18 01:29 PM