I ordered this case because it seems like it has some extra protection on the corners.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077H...UvbUpU13230227
    Using OtterBox cases on my Q 10 and Z30 since 2013 I'm not sure how much I'm gonna like the thin case but there's just not many options available. I was looking at the TETDED cases that look really nice but they're expensive & don't seem to have a raised edge on the front to keep the display off of surfaces when placed face down. I don't care for the book type cases.

I'd be super interested in the Ghost & the Ghost Pro but I don't think it's gonna make it's way over as a North American variant.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    That's a sharp-looking case. Good luck with it.
    07-09-18 03:50 PM
    The screen is more scratch resistant than regular glass, but it is not shatterproof.. Shatter resistance is the real reason for using a screen protector and a case. My Motion slipped out of my hand two weeks after I got it and took a crack through the bottom corner. Luckily it was a very contained crack at the very bottom edge and did not affect the display or the back / apps buttons, but if I had a case, this would not have happened (it was on order and delivered literally two days later). A screen protector would not have helped in this situation as it originated from a corner impact, but the protector stabilized the crack and is hiding it cosmetically and preventing it from getting any worse. Where a screen protector helps is if the phone lands flat on its screen: this happened on my z30. I had an official BlackBerry flip case and no screen protector and the case had saved my phone from several drops, both on edges and flat impacts (but the flap was closed in all those instances). Unfortunately in the last instance, I had the flap folded back as I was using the phone; I had set it down on the kitchen counter and then accidentally turned around and knocked it off and it fell flat on the screen which shattered it.. Now in the case of the Z30, aftermarket screens were $20 each and very easy to replace (a few screws, no tape or glue), so I just bought a new screen and I never did get a screen protector for it, but on the Motion, given how difficult it is to open up, and given the lack of aftermarket replacement parts due to its lack of popularity, it's well worth protecting the device with a cheap case and screen guard.

I prefer the plastic film ; tempered glass doesn't scratch as readily as plastic film, but it will also shatter if dropped- it may or may not protect the underlying screen and if it shatters, you are left trying to pick off a billion sharp shards that are stuck to the original screen.. I'd rather peel and stick a new sheet of plastic when it gets to scratched up.
    07-10-18 04:32 PM
    That's a sharp-looking case. Good luck with it.
    So that case arrived and it is is indeed nice looking & matches the Motions aesthetic well. However, the corners that looked reinforced are simply raised & hollow if that makes sense. Essentially it's just air in the corners & if the Motion was dropped on a corner the case corner would simply collapse. I guess the design is better than one which does not have such corners but I don't feel confident that it would absorb enough impact. There's also very little raised "lip" on the front to lift the display off of a flat surface when placed face down. I really wish there were more options available like my OtterBox Commuter & Defender series cases which are chunkier with thick materials & the front "lip" is more pronounced.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-11-18 08:52 AM
    I love the feel of this phone's screen. no scratches so far, and I don't go looking for them.
    07-11-18 04:04 PM
    Glass is glass.
    Is it? What kind of glass is it? Soda Lime or borosilicate? Those two kinds have very different specifications. My Passport had the smoothest feeling glass of all. Was it the oleophobic coating? Some time cheap phones from WM are surprisingly hardy so this is a feature by design... it could be beter.
    07-14-18 04:44 AM
    Is it? What kind of glass is it? Soda Lime or borosilicate? Those two kinds have very different specifications. My Passport had the smoothest feeling glass of all. Was it the oleophobic coating? Some time cheap phones from WM are surprisingly hardy so this is a feature by design... it could be beter.
    For me personally, the type of glass matters not, just being glass means I'll do whatever it takes to protect it. And I'll treat cheap phone's the same way I do premium priced phone's because I value my purchases.
    07-19-18 10:07 PM
    For me personally, the type of glass matters not, just being glass means I'll do whatever it takes to protect it. And I'll treat cheap phone's the same way I do premium priced phone's because I value my purchases.
    I totally agree. I was taught to take care of things & make them last. Buying something made of high quality materials makes it a bit easier to do that.

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable, factory unlocked  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-19-18 11:28 PM
    screen scratches easily. Accidently put the phone in my pocket with keys and boom solid scratch. oh well.
    07-26-18 02:03 PM
    I'm curious, what pouch are you using? I wish there was an OEM one available.
    07-27-18 10:26 AM
    Zack tested the Motion... it got scratches on level six. Hit up JerryRig to take a look, as he said smartest move is to use a screen protector.
    07-27-18 10:51 AM
    I agree.. just went to Best Buy and got the screen protection added by geek squad. Around 30CDN. It did a good job covering up my scratch as well. all good now
    Last edited by PD in T-DOT; 08-05-18 at 05:17 AM.
    08-03-18 03:00 PM
    it's scratch resistant, not scratch proof. I can feel the difference between it and the Keyone, it definitely feels more resistant.
    Always avoid purposely scratching it on a constant basis. It's built to resist one-off types of incidents.
    08-04-18 10:04 AM
    I've learned from purchasing scratch resistant glasses, I thought they were invincible but unfortunately I paid a lot of money and ended up getting a scratch. At least a phone I can apply a screen protector. I'm sorry you experienced this the hard way but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-18 10:34 AM
    Vikuiti MyPrivatDisplay Film de protection confidentiel GXN800 is so great and real privacy
    08-22-18 08:47 AM
64 123