I, unfortunately, do not understand the need to put a telephone in your pants pocket. Every phone I have owned lives in a case like a phone condom, safe from socially transmitted damages. Amazingly it never gets scratched or its feelings hurt.

Posted via CB10
    hemodad likes this.
    03-26-18 07:03 AM
    Funny, I really wonder why my Motion has bee scratched so heavily by just a rivet in my jeans.
    Yeah I'm surprised by that and now paranoid because I also put my Motion in my pocket with my keys but I won't be doing that anymore
    03-26-18 08:02 AM
    Wear a suit?
    03-26-18 11:21 AM
    Yeah I'm surprised by that and now paranoid because I also put my Motion in my pocket with my keys but I won't be doing that anymore
    nano coating as the name indicated is a very thin coating with ultra hard characteristics (in diamond, you have sp3 bonding structure... but if you have too thick of coating, you got zig zag surface like stack of smaller diamond, that will impact the optical transparency.. just think about all little crystal shinning in to your eyes). However, the under lying is still glass. if your rivet panetrated (e.g. you sit down to insert force on the rivet to the surface) below the surface coating, the antiscratch has little or no use - it is not the surface scratch anymore - the testing of effective of such a layer is using a different hardness pen/pencil to see if it leave some marks - majority of the force is lateral, not vertical... not use a nail, hit on its head and start push around and see if it leave agrove (e.g. when you start mover around).. (just to indicated the difference)... just corious, why you have rivet in your pocket? must be a rock and roll trousers..
    03-26-18 12:11 PM
    nano coating as the name indicated is a very thin coating with ultra hard characteristics (in diamond, you have sp3 bonding structure... but if you have too thick of coating, you got zig zag surface like stack of smaller diamond, that will impact the optical transparency.. just think about all little crystal shinning in to your eyes). However, the under lying is still glass. if your rivet panetrated (e.g. you sit down to insert force on the rivet to the surface) below the surface coating, the antiscratch has little or no use - it is not the surface scratch anymore - the testing of effective of such a layer is using a different hardness pen/pencil to see if it leave some marks - majority of the force is lateral, not vertical... not use a nail, hit on its head and start push around and see if it leave agrove (e.g. when you start mover around).. (just to indicated the difference)... just corious, why you have rivet in your pocket? must be a rock and roll trousers..
    Just a regular fit jeans from Levi's. The rivet is just above my pocket. I believe it scratched that.

I have never used a case on my BlackBerry and refuse to do so. A real BlackBerry is supposed to be naked
    03-26-18 04:35 PM
    "A real BlackBerry is supposed to be naked". not really. if my memory serve me right, the real blackberry come with a holster or pocket with brand name of BB. Inside the case are the magnet that located in specific location of the unit, when you slide the handset into the pocket or close the lid of the holster, the BB will autometically power off - into sleep mode. that will (1) save battery, no need double tapping, easy and efficient and (2) protect your handset - some of high end of pocket is lined with soft material that protect your screen - you suppose to slide face to the back side of the pocket and leave the chrom back exposed, but the camera and flash LED just covered - you have to pay extra for high end of pocket... but it is money well spend (the in box holster is not bad, the pocket is a bit cheap side, but still got magnet)... I guess I just carbon dated myself... (not sure what your memory of "real naked BB")...
    03-26-18 04:54 PM
    Naked phone + holster. Otherwise either get a screen protector, or you will regret it.
    the brother likes this.
    03-26-18 06:25 PM
    Naked phone + holster. Otherwise either get a screen protector, or you will regret it.
    We decided to look into this at a Bell corporate store in Mississauga ON: they charged $35 (25% off accessories if you are an employee) to install a Pure Gear tempered glass screen cover which comes with a one year warranty. The OCD side of me was disappointed that the glass protector was not true 'edge-to-edge' protection but it is satisfactory and provides peace of mind then handling the phone in a bag or pocket. FYI, the phone will be permanently held in the premium OEM privacy flip case to further protect. We will try to keep the Motion free of damage but life happens, we can only do our best to prevent. Kind regards.
    03-27-18 08:51 AM
    I definitely go with a tempered glass protector over plastic.
    03-27-18 09:03 AM
    Use a screen protector
    03-29-18 07:42 PM
    I have a series of very small surface scratches on my Motion. No worse than any other mobile I use or have had. No case or screen protector being used.
    04-01-18 02:58 AM
    We decided to look into this at a Bell corporate store in Mississauga ON: they charged $35 (25% off accessories if you are an employee) to install a Pure Gear tempered glass screen cover which comes with a one year warranty. The OCD side of me was disappointed that the glass protector was not true 'edge-to-edge' protection but it is satisfactory and provides peace of mind then handling the phone in a bag or pocket. FYI, the phone will be permanently held in the premium OEM privacy flip case to further protect. We will try to keep the Motion free of damage but life happens, we can only do our best to prevent. Kind regards.
    UPDATE: at first it seems the OEM Privacy Flip Case may be having trouble closing due to the thickness of the Pure Gear tempered glass screen protector. The 'touch' functionality of using the case while closed is fine. Will follow-up after a few days once the binding has had time to work itself in. Thanks.
    04-01-18 07:59 PM
    the motion starts to scratch around 6 on the hardness scale. if the metal of the jeans is beyond a 6 hardness it will still scratch the display. as others have mentioned JerryRig has an awesome video on the motion.
    07-05-18 09:36 PM
    I love the BlackBerry Motion. After I had the PRIV and the DTEK50, which in my opinion were below BlackBerry standards, I believe the Motion is the first Android device by BlackBerry that is actually on par with the competition (and surpasses it it many regards) and brings back the premium feel of BlackBerry during the BB10 days.

However I have some doubts about the Diamond nano anti-scratch coating of which BlackBerry claims the Motion is resistant to scratches.

I always wear jeans in my leasure time with the Motion in my pocket. Last week I bought a new pair of jeans and after a day my Motion was full with scratches at the bottom (around the home button). Apparantly, a rivet above my pocket made the scratches. What the hell, Blackberry?! This screen was supposed to resist these things!

Anyone else have experiences like this with the Motion's screen? Have you tested the scratch resisted screen?
    It is scratch resistant. NOT scratch proof! There is a significant difference.

Metal to glass generally doesn't end well. Take other's advice and protect your phone properly for your situation.
    07-06-18 09:17 AM
    Have motion in official bb flip case screen scratched really bad still great phone
    07-06-18 01:01 PM
    Before reading, know that I really like my Motion telephone.

The Motion display will scratch simply by choosing the flip case and carrying the telephone in a front pocket.

It's not a big deal, but it's tough to figure out how people take sharp objects to test the glass to prove how resistant it is when the OEM flip case scratches it easily.

Again, not a big deal, I just need to post this because it's the truth. So, I put a screen protector on afterwards and those fine scratches are no longer visible.
    hemodad likes this.
    07-06-18 10:18 PM
    I put a lot of money out for my phones when I buy them. the minute I pull it out of the box, a screen protector(Tempered glass or the military grade almost rubber like film). there is zero decrease in response time on the screen with these on.
    Elky64 and skstrials like this.
    07-07-18 06:26 PM
    I don't have a screen protector, but I do use a belt holster. Works great.
    07-08-18 11:56 AM
    I put a lot of money out for my phones when I buy them. the minute I pull it out of the box, a screen protector(Tempered glass or the military grade almost rubber like film). there is zero decrease in response time on the screen with these on.
    That's the same with me.
    07-08-18 03:39 PM
    if you don't want scratches on your screen, you have to put a screen protector on.

The thing is, a harder screen that is resistant to scratches will be more likely to shatter. A shatter proof screen that is softer and flexible will be more likely to scratch. You won't win either way. The companies will find a compromise between the two.

This is why I have been using phones with screen protectors from my first smartphone in 2010, and had never shattered or damaged screens in any way.
    07-08-18 03:54 PM
    I don't have a screen protector, but I do use a belt holster. Works great.
    Which belt holster do you use/recommend?

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    07-08-18 07:43 PM
    Which belt holster do you use/recommend?

Posted via CB10 with my indispensable  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.3.2163 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.
    I bought this one:

http://www.blueshop.ca/smartphone-ex...4A24A19773.htm

I have a thin case on my Motion and this holster accommodated the phone with the case on it.

This is the case I have:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...117ffaffff21bf
    07-08-18 09:50 PM
    I bought this one:

http://www.blueshop.ca/smartphone-ex...4A24A19773.htm

I have a thin case on my Motion and this holster accommodated the phone with the case on it.

This is the case I have:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...117ffaffff21bf
    Thanks! I saw the holster but the huge link for your thin case isn't working on my Z30. I sure wish OtterBox was still making cases for BlackBerry phones. I don't mind the added thickness fit peace of mind.

07-08-18 11:15 PM
    Thanks! I saw the holster but the huge link for your thin case isn't working on my Z30. I sure wish OtterBox was still making cases for BlackBerry phones. I don't mind the added thickness fit peace of mind.

That link works on my Motion. It's a case on eBay. The Motion is a nice phone. At least... it has been for me. My favorite BlackBerry to date is the Passport...coolest phone I ever owned. I still have an AT&T Passport in pristine condition. But the runner up is the Motion.

Have high hopes that the Ghost will be exported and a North American variant will be made.
    07-09-18 05:58 AM
    That link works on my Motion. It's a case on eBay. The Motion is a nice phone. At least... it has been for me. My favorite BlackBerry to date is the Passport...coolest phone I ever owned. I still have an AT&T Passport in pristine condition. But the runner up is the Motion.

Have high hopes that the Ghost will be exported and a North American variant will be made.
    I ordered this case because it seems like it has some extra protection on the corners.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077H...UvbUpU13229802
    Using OtterBox cases on my Q 10 and Z30 since 2013 I'm not sure how much I'm gonna like the thin case but there's just not many options available. I was looking at the TETDED cases that look really nice but they're expensive & don't seem to have a raised edge on the front to keep the display off of surfaces when placed face down. I don't care for the book type cases.

I'd be super interested in the Ghost & the Ghost Pro but I don't think it's gonna make it's way over as a North American variant.

07-09-18 06:42 AM
64 123